Sign in to follow this  
fullnovembermoon

First trip to a Lego Store

3.50 pounds? was that for all three or for each one?

They charge £1.25 for one, £3.50 for three.

For the majority of parts you can select from, this is probably a bit expensive and you're better off with BrickLink, but if you can find some interesting parts you can get yourself a bargain.

For example, according to BrickLink the average new price for Minifig, Headgear Hair Ponytail Long French Braided is £1.28 ...

Edited by Darkblane

For the majority of parts you can select from, this is probably a bit expensive and you're better off with BrickLink, but if you can find some interesting parts you can get yourself a bargain.

For example, according to BrickLink the average new price for Minifig, Headgear Hair Ponytail Long French Braided is £1.28 ...

That's a great deal. Roughly 3.50gpd is about $5.75 dollars U.S. Here we get 3 build a figs for $9.99 dollars.

They had the treasure chest, I got one myself. must have sold out, while the lid is still there. Which is weird.

I'm jealous :(

Over in the US, ours cost 10 dollars(about £6.15) for 3. That's not a good bargin unless there's really rare pieces. I only made 1 trip to the store(closet is outta state and we only travel that way about 1 time every year and a half) but when I went, it was nothing but common pieces. :(

And maybe w/ the bottoms selling out, it could be that there were more lids sent then bottoms. If the things come in boxes, more lids probably could fit in the box. or maybe some people just wanted the bottoms for some reason

Over in the US, ours cost 10 dollars(about £6.15) for 3. That's not a good bargin unless there's really rare pieces. I only made 1 trip to the store(closet is outta state and we only travel that way about 1 time every year and a half) but when I went, it was nothing but common pieces. :(

Honestly it's been a long time since I saw pieces worth $10 at the BaM. I think the last time was when they first opened and they were getting rid of classic yellow Slave Leia torsos and heads and Jedi Lukes. Sometimes LLC will have a good selection, though, if you can make it. Last time I went they had the Blacktron torsos from the vintage minifig collections. Other than that, it's basically all City minifigs.

LEGO store is dangerous - I stumbled upon the one here in Hawaii around the time I finally emerged from my Dark Ages. I love the store way too much and have to hang on to my wallet for fear of running amok grabbing sets off the shelf >.>

I echo the minor complaints about the PAB wall, but it's still very handy to have instead of having to order online anytime you need some components. The staff were quite helpful last time I went when they were about to rotate out the translucent bright green cones [blacktron MOC parts woo!]- the staffer cleaning stuff out stopped to grab me a huge chunk of them from the closed off bins up top.

Very glad we have a direct store like this from LEGO - while there's still cause to visit the pricey Toys'R'Us for exclusives, I just enjoy going into a store with the sole purpose of selling LEGO.

Wednesday my husband and I are going to the Lego Store in Tigard Oregon. Having never been to a Lego store I'm totally excited to see what they have. I'm planning on getting a PAB cup or two and I checked with Brickbldr for the latest info on what parts are available. I keep thinking I'm not going to see much in the way of new stuff yet as the summer release stuff won't be out for a long while...(Kingdoms, etc). Any tips on what to look for?

UH!Lucky!I`ve never even seen a lego only store!The nearest one is Denver Colorado,an easy 12 hour trip by car!

Bump, I got another question for those that have been to Official Lego Stores...do they carry any older sets? And if they do how old?

For example, would I be able to find the following City sets from 2007 in those stores?

7990 Cement Mixer

7993 Service Station

7733 Truck & Forklift

Doesn't have to be these particular sets but just wondering in general how far back do they go?

Bump, I got another question for those that have been to Official Lego Stores...do they carry any older sets? And if they do how old?

For example, would I be able to find the following City sets from 2007 in those stores?

7990 Cement Mixer

7993 Service Station

7733 Truck & Forklift

Doesn't have to be these particular sets but just wondering in general how far back do they go?

I'm all but absolutely sure they won't have discontinued sets from '07. In general if you're lucky you might find something maybe a few months after it was removed from S@H.

You will not find sets that old at a LEGO company store. They heavily discount the sets after they are discontinued. At this point, you might still find some sets that were discontinued in December if you visit a slow LEGO store, but at a busy store like the Mall of America they were all gone by mid January.