pauldk

Where are all the bricks?

Hi everyone.

I would really love to get all bricks for LDD, but how? I have activated the Lego universe, but I don't get a tons load

of bricks in all forms and sizes as I have seen in a video on the youtube.

As you all know, you can find a lot of building instructions on Legos website, but yesterday when I try to build a Star Wars fighther, not all bricks was available in the LDD.

Also the road plates are missing.

I hope anyone can help.

All the best

Paul, Denmark.

Universe mode unlocks many bricks and colours, but not all bricks are available anyway.

There is no solutions to this problem: you could wait for an LDD palette update (that will add new bricks, but it is possible that will remove others too), try to build sets using custom solutions instead of the missing bricks (as all builder in LDD official set topic do) or use a more flexible software, such as SR3D, with a virtually unlimited bricks database.

... or use a more flexible software, such as SR3D, with a virtually unlimited bricks database.

WOW!! this is a strong statement if told by a LDD group moderator :laugh:

Sergio

(Author of SR 3D Builder)

WOW!! this is a strong statement if told by a LDD group moderator :laugh:

Eheh "regulator", not moderator! :tongue:

SR3D is a great (italian!) software, the only things I complain is the lack of a portable version for windows and a native linux version (openGL). :classic:

SR3D is a great (italian!) software, the only things I complain is the lack of a portable version for windows and a native linux version (openGL). :classic:

Psst! Make an OS X compatible version while you're at it. :grin:

Psst! Make an OS X compatible version while you're at it. :grin:

There are just 4 problems in doing it:

1. I don't have a MAC

2. I'm the only developer

3. I don't know where to start from in writing a MAC OSx application

4. I have not the time to try it

5.... :tongue:

Sergio

Then, Brickdoctor, there is only one solution; don't buy a Mac :tongue:

Nah. :tongue: I think I remember the problem was that the VMware virtual machine couldn't run SR 3D, so maybe I'll try installing it on Boot Camp.

I'm happy with Bricksmith. Even if SR 3D is a step (or two or three or four) above it. I mean, I'd love to be able to run the program, because from the looks of it it's easily the best LEGO CAD out there, but I don't build virtually often enough to justify going to through a lot of trouble to get it to run. I much prefer physical building.

Hope you understand, Sergio. :classic:

Edited by Brickdoctor

If the bricks are not showing up like shown in the example, maybe you did not do something right, or worse case in a new version they stripped out a bunch of the bricks. (which I highly doubt...)

Side note:

SR3D which I have as of yet not used is locked to windows because as I understood the creator is using Direct 3D rendering which is in no way compatible to OpenGL rendering and which would therefore require a full 3d engine rebuild... Sorry for the rant

But... There is hope for Linux users! see this thread I started

There are just 4 problems in doing it: [...]

I will not ask for the openGL version :grin: but... for the portable version, is there any hope?

I will not ask for the openGL version :grin: but... for the portable version, is there any hope?

ehm... what do you exactly mean with a portable version of the application? :blush:

Sergio

I mean a software available as a zippack, that extracted works immediately without installation, and works inside its folder, without writing in the register or in any other folder or place of the system.

The name "portable" is related to the use of this kind of software: usually these are placed inside a usb pen or drive and brought with yourself.

Never head about portableapps.com?

They try to create portable versions of various software, but often they use software and workarounds to archieve that. An application that can be natively portable is surely much better! :classic:

You might get confused with the meaning of "portable" related to the portability of a software in different systems. So... that's another thing! :tongue:

I mean a software available as a zippack, that extracted works immediately without installation, and works inside its folder, without writing in the register or in any other folder or place of the system.

The name "portable" is related to the use of this kind of software: usually these are placed inside a usb pen or drive and brought with yourself.

Never head about portableapps.com?

They try to create portable versions of various software, but often they use software and workarounds to archieve that. An application that can be natively portable is surely much better! :classic:

You might get confused with the meaning of "portable" related to the portability of a software in different systems. So... that's another thing! :tongue:

Hi,

you're right about my confusion !!

You give me a GREAT hint and really easy to accomodate!

now, to create a portable version, things should be by far much more easy than you expect if your PC already meets my application requirements (MS framework 2.0 and correct DirectX version).

Following these steps should work, assuming you have a USB memory with 128MB or more free space as U: driver and you have performed a standard application installation of my application:

1- Copy the contents of the c:\lDraw folder and subfolders into U:\

2- Create a folder on U to store my application system files (i.e. U:\SR3DB)

3- Copy the contents of my application installation folder (usually c:\Program Files\SR3DBuilder) in U:\SR3DB (you can avoid copying the unins*.* and fulldownload.exe files )

4- Start SR3DBuilder.exe from U:\SR3DB

5a- If prompted for choosing the part library folder, choose U:\lDraw

5b- If NOT prompted for choosing the part library folder, choose File-->Setup Directory from SR3DB menu and select U:\lDraw folder

you should be able to run the application from the USB stick now. It works at first try for me!!

Please also notice the following:

- on any computer you run SR3DB the first time or anytime your USB stick change its associated drive letter you have to repeat step 5a

- parts image loading will be tedious the first time are displayed (then will be cached)

- the extension .l3b is not associated with the application

- some registry entries are written while using the application

- maybe some other issues

Edited by xSergio74

If the bricks are not showing up like shown in the example, maybe you did not do something right, or worse case in a new version they stripped out a bunch of the bricks. (which I highly doubt...)

Side note:

SR3D which I have as of yet not used is locked to windows because as I understood the creator is using Direct 3D rendering which is in no way compatible to OpenGL rendering and which would therefore require a full 3d engine rebuild... Sorry for the rant

But... There is hope for Linux users! see this thread I started

Hi,

Talking about Linux, have a look at this discussion on SR3DBuilder forum on how to run it with WINE:

http://sr3d.spoonclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11

Sergio