Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

The sword sheath was cool. I am also surprised they didn't bring that back.

I'm pretty sure I read that they couldn't use it with generic Pirate sets because they made it specifically for the POTC sets, and that made it a 'branded item', like trying to use a batarang in a Modular Building or something.

I may be wrong about this, though. They didn't use the monkey either, so it might just be a design decision.

Really? A branded item?

Maybe branded is the wrong word... more like proprietary? Since this is the POTC thread I'm sure someone will have more knowledge about this though...

Really? A branded item?

I was told that it was a licensed exclusive part when I tried to order one directly through LEGO.

Speaking of these sword belts. What set was the black one in?

^ Any barbossa or Maccus set.

Lego used the dagger of time from disneys and ubisoft's prince of persia theme in warner brothers hobbit theme.

The Will Turner++ hair has been used in other themes as well.

Same goes for the mermaid tails.

Elizabeths hair.

Not to mention Davy jones claw.

;)

I got one in the London Escape, just one though (sword sheath). Maybe two, I would have to check again. I own most of the POTC line, but I bought some sets without the minifigs in order to save some money. I have like 5 Jack Sparrows, so I could careless about getting more of him, he comes in every set.

As a matter of fact, Barbosa is really the only minifig from that line that I don't own that I wouldn't mind having. I would love to have a Davey Jones and Anjelica (but that's because of their value, not the characters so much.) I do have a Blackbeard and Gibbs. IMO Blackbeard is a MUST for any pirates fan, for obvious reasons, not because of the film.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

A new Jack would be different if based on dmtnt film.

alligator? belt + buckle print

brown hair, along with different print on his bandana

decorated vest

cross scar on face

A new Jack would be different if based on dmtnt film.

alligator? belt + buckle print

brown hair, along with different print on his bandana

decorated vest

cross scar on face

Yeah there are significant changes to his apperance since the last film so that Lego will have to give him an updated look.

And I'm almost certain that the new ship will be based on the new film,I mean it makes much more sense.

As a matter of fact, Barbosa is really the only minifig from that line that I don't own that I wouldn't mind having.

I do have a Blackbeard and Gibbs. IMO Blackbeard is a MUST for any pirates fan, for obvious reasons, not because of the film.

Barbosa and Blackbeard were my favorite figs from POTC. If you really like Blackbeard, then in my opinion, you'll really like Barbosa. :thumbup:

I have been considering to update my sigfig with the torsos from these figs. But my sigfig is so perfect. :pir-laugh:

Now thinking about these figs, I would like to use these figs as attendants to my sigfig. :pir-grin:

I was never a fan of Blackbeard's beard and hat.They looked kinda silly and too big for my taste but he had a great torso and legs.Forgot to mention that his sword was also an amazing piece.

Barbosa and Blackbeard were my favorite figs from POTC. If you really like Blackbeard, then in my opinion, you'll really like Barbosa. :thumbup:

I have been considering to update my sigfig with the torsos from these figs. But my sigfig is so perfect. :pir-laugh:

Now thinking about these figs, I would like to use these figs as attendants to my sigfig. :pir-grin:

Honestly the ONLY reason I don't have Barbosa is because I didn't have a ship for him to command in my MOC. I'm VERY particular in every Captain having his own ship and crew. Same goes for Davey Jones, I obviously don't own a Flying Dutchman, so that fig hasn't had the appeal for me. Even though I don't technically own the Black Pearl either, I did give Jack Sparrow a smaller ship to command, along with Gibbs. But now with the POTC news, im hoping he will finally have HIS Black Pearl in my fleet. As for Blackbeard, I bought the QAR for like $200 without any Figs like 6 months ago. I then bought Blackbeard for like $12 solo. I wasn't so worried about Anjelica, I actually used the Pirate wench from the 2015 line as my substitute Anjelica.

But since then, my wife actually has started making display boards for all of our "collectable" figs. LOTR has 2 complete boards, with tree beard, Eagles, Goblin King, Trolls, etc. Its such a big collection, that theme required 2. We also have 2 or 3 (I can't remember off the top of my head) for our CMFs. Then we also have 1 made up of our "randoms". It has POTC figs, Harry Potter, Super Heroes, 80s and 90s classic figs, etc. So when and if I do get Barbosa, that's where he will go. Because again, without a ship for him to command, he doesn't really serve a purpose for me. But you all made a great point reguarding his minifig as the new film approaches.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Honestly the ONLY reason I don't have Barbosa is because I didn't have a ship for him to command in my MOC. I'm VERY particular in every Captain having his own ship and crew. Same goes for Davey Jones, I obviously don't own a Flying Dutchman, so that fig hasn't had the appeal for me. Even though I don't technically own the Black Pearl either, I did give Jack Sparrow a smaller ship to command, along with Gibbs. But now with the POTC news, im hoping he will finally have HIS Black Pearl in my fleet. As for Blackbeard, I bought the QAR for like $200 without any Figs like 6 months ago. I then bought Blackbeard for like $12 solo. I wasn't so worried about Anjelica, I actually used the Pirate wench from the 2015 line as my substitute Anjelica.

But since then, my wife actually has started making display boards for all of our "collectable" figs. LOTR has 2 complete boards, with tree beard, Eagles, Goblin King, Trolls, etc. Its such a big collection, that theme required 2. We also have 2 or 3 (I can't remember off the top of my head) for our CMFs. Then we also have 1 made up of our "randoms". It has POTC figs, Harry Potter, Super Heroes, 80s and 90s classic figs, etc. So when and if I do get Barbosa, that's where he will go. Because again, without a ship for him to command, he doesn't really serve a purpose for me. But you all made a great point reguarding his minifig as the new film approaches.

Well technically Barbossa owns Queen Annes Revenge at the end of On Stranger Tides.

So you can easily replace him with Blackbeard pirate_laugh2.gif

Now concerning the upcoming ship,I personally hope it's the Dutchman since we never had this ship in Lego form.

And even thought if it ends up being the Pearl I will have no problem since I don't own this ship.

But I don't see Lego making it for a second time when they could easily do any other ships like the Dutchman for example.

Edited by LOTR34

Some people interested in the upcoming ship wasn't even born when lego last made the black pearl.

The last one was pretty bad as well.

Some people interested in the upcoming ship wasn't even born when lego last made the black pearl.

The last one was pretty bad as well.

Well even though I don't own the Pearl,from the pictures I've seen the ship looks pretty good for the piece count that the set has.

But an even better detailed Pearl with a lower deck would be obviously far more superior.

I seriously can't wait to hear more news about the set,hopefully we won't have to wait until 2017 to hear more details.

Edited by LOTR34

Has there been any rumor of more sets because of the new movie yet?

Unfortunately not yet but it's still too early to be certain.I suspect that we might hear more somewhere around november or december.

When did we get confirmation on the Disney castle? That set just got released, I feel like we only knew about maybe 2 or 3 months before hand.

I think the Disney castle is more of special case,since it's not based on any movie or the like.

But I can't say when the first bits of info came up for the castle since I didn't follow the news about it.

When did we get confirmation on the Disney castle? That set just got released, I feel like we only knew about maybe 2 or 3 months before hand.

We knew there was a unspecified disney d2c for a while If i remember correctly.

I just suspect, if this is indeed a 1 set only release, we MIGHT not know we are getting it for a while, especially if it's a next summer release.

My guess for a release date will be either late spring or early summer.

But honestly the posibility that it might be the only set scares me.It would be such a waste to not make atleast 5 normal sets.

Edited by LOTR34

My guess for a release date will be either late spring or early summer.

But honestly the posibility that it might be the only set scares me.It would be such a waste to not make atleast 5 normal sets.

I hear ya, I would love a few more sets as well. We can hope.