Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I am so happy that the sets are out on shop@home. :pir-wub::pir-grin::thumbup:

Too much excitement? :pir-laugh:

I'm gonna order he Isla de Muerta! Also, has anyone else had the problem of the 'more views' and 'zoom' not working? When I try to zoom, it just sits there with this wheel just going around, and nothing pops up. Is there a reason for this?

It's a flash a plug in, being that they barely went up, I can see them having some technical issues.

Also, has anyone else had the problem of the 'more views' and 'zoom' not working? When I try to zoom, it just sits there with this wheel just going around, and nothing pops up. Is there a reason for this?

It's a flash a plug in, being that they barely went up, I can see them having some technical issues.

Yep I haven't had any luck all day. :pir_bawling:

One thing that bothers me is the fact that the Canadian prices are still higher than the US prices, even though the loonie is now at par with the greenback, so we up here are paying a good deal more in either CAD or USD. Thassa not-a so good... :pir-hmpf_bad:

One thing that bothers me is the fact that the Canadian prices are still higher than the US prices, even though the loonie is now at par with the greenback, so we up here are paying a good deal more in either CAD or USD. Thassa not-a so good... :pir-hmpf_bad:

That sucks, I may be on the US, but I feel for you, it's not fair.

You should see the Australian prices.

I saw the sets on the shelves in Hamburg today, and they are so ridiculously expensive :pir_bawling:

I'd love to have them though...

Ordered the "Zombie Pirates" and "Isla de la muerta" sets online. Can't wait to hold this sets in my hands. (Especially Minifig Keira Knightley, the hairpiece is :pir-wub: )

They are out in Germany???????

Yes, it looks like one person has confirmed it, plus with them being spotted in other countries, it's only a matter of time before they are available everywhere.

Yes, it looks like one person has confirmed it, plus with them being spotted in other countries, it's only a matter of time before they are available everywhere.

Something tells me (that gut feeling!) that my qar and whitecap being shipped from the us are going to end up in customs for 2 weeks! if I end up being able to by it here before it arrives, I think I might actually cry!

They are out in Germany???????

They are, I saw them in Hamburg, and people from Berlin confirm they are being sold there, too.

Something tells me (that gut feeling!) that my qar and whitecap being shipped from the us are going to end up in customs for 2 weeks! if I end up being able to by it here before it arrives, I think I might actually cry!

Just keep that warm fuzzy feeling inside that you know they are on the way.

Heck I live in the US adn I haven't ordered any yet. I am waiting to build up some cash so I can just order them all at once. Or if I see them in stores, I might randomly pickl them up. All 8 is going to be expensive. :pir_bawling:

Has anyone seen the polybags yet? 3 or 4 bucks for a hatted Jack and bottle seems just about the right set for me.

Has anyone seen the polybags yet? 3 or 4 bucks for a hatted Jack and bottle seems just about the right set for me.

I don't believe so, but I certainly want all of them. I'm hoping they show up at Targets and Wal-Marts like the current run of SW polybag's.

For those of us living outside the US (or also if you're in the US it's also worth a try I suppose), perhaps try preordering the sets from Barnes and Noble if you're paying a LOT more than what the American prices are in whatever country you're from. Right now, they're offering 10% off the US MSRP for preorders on the sets. I know I've said it numerous times in this thread but I preordered QAR and The Mill from them and even with the shipping I'm still saving compared to what I would pay for the Canadian MSRP. I know for Canadians you're not paying customs or duty since they're still shipping from within Canada despite the fact it's an American site. I know that from personal experience.

These shipping rates I've heard from elsewhere from others who have bought from B&N:

* United States: FREE Shipping on Orders above $25

* Canada: First Item $6.48, Additional Items $2.49 each

* International: First Item $12.98, Additional Items $5.49 each

Credit goes to the Toys N' Bricks site for typing the shipping rates of other countries and informing others on this. No I don't work for them but just felt that I should be informing those who want the sets and feel that they're being ripped off with the prices they pay in whatever country they live in.

Edited by Canada_7

Just checked, and for those who were wondering, the more views/zoom/360 spin are fixed. Also, "Zombie Pirates" has been changed back to "Captain's Cabin". Make up your mind Lego! I'm curious if any sets were produced with the Zombie title, or if it was just a fluke. (though all box-art that we've seen so far has been for the "Captain's Cabin", so...)

Just checked, and for those who were wondering, the more views/zoom/360 spin are fixed. Also, "Zombie Pirates" has been changed back to "Captain's Cabin". Make up your mind Lego! I'm curious if any sets were produced with the Zombie title, or if it was just a fluke. (though all box-art that we've seen so far has been for the "Captain's Cabin", so...)

Now that is weord. Good news on the alternate views working again. Although pretty soon I'm sure we'll have every set reviewed here on EB.

would be nice if they made som battle packs for this theme. king georges troops, regular pirates, zombie pirates and the like.

What sets would be best for the parts for price ratio, keeping roughly under 30 bucks? The Captian's Cabin + ???

The Isla De La Muerta or the Fountain?

They are, I saw them in Hamburg, and people from Berlin confirm they are being sold there, too.

So much for the UK being a major growth market that their keen to build on! or maybe their trying to build up all this anticipation for us Brits to go panic buying them all when they eventually get released here :pir-tongue:

Just keep that warm fuzzy feeling inside that you know they are on the way.

Heck I live in the US adn I haven't ordered any yet. I am waiting to build up some cash so I can just order them all at once. Or if I see them in stores, I might randomly pickl them up. All 8 is going to be expensive. :pir_bawling:

I suppose :pir-look: .............................but i hate waiting on mail!!!! :pir_wacko: I like to buy the large expensive sets first and work my way down, it's always nicer to think you don't need to spend as much as you already have, plus it's nice to spread the excitment of a theme over a period rather than all at once :pir-sweet:

What sets would be best for the parts for price ratio, keeping roughly under 30 bucks? The Captian's Cabin + ???

The Isla De La Muerta or the Fountain?

I would probably say either the Capn's Cabin or Isla de Muerta. In the Cabin set, you get Jack (awesome), the new zombies, the new ship in a bottle, globe, the charts, and one scabbard. In the Isla de Muerta set, you get two scabbards, two Barbossa hats, the new female hairpiece, the new gold bars, and a whole new skeleton figure. Either way, your getting a pretty nice seletion of new pieces, plus some useful older ones, such as pirates swords and pistols, and a rowboat. It's really what you are looking for more.

I couldn't find them in this thread, so I'll post them here:

Link to the instructions of set 30131 Jack Sparrow in a boat.

Link to the instructions of set 30130 Mini Black Pearl.

I'd like to have these if they go in the store for a few euros :pir-classic:

Especially the first one is good for building an army of Jack Sparrows (for the Davy Jones' locker scene).

Over on Brickset it says that some UK Toys"R"Us have the PotC sets available.

HA! Gutted, looks like the £210 on QAR and Whitecap and an expected £53+Parcelforce handling of £13 is going to be a complete waste of money and time :pir_bawling:

Just called up the TRU in Edinburgh and the lady paused a bit before telling me all they had was megablocks and krack'n attack'n, might just pop down later to see what the script is.