Gregorovich

Harry Potter 2012 Set Ideas Thread

Well now that we know of the three sets in 2011, does anyone have ideas for any other sets in 2012? I have a few ideas...

Number 4, Privet Drive

Comes with house and flying car. Inside the house is a staircase with Harry's old room under it. Upstairs is his new room, with detachable bars over window. Downstairs is the kitchen and dining room, with large desert from CoS. (box about same size as The Burrow)

Minifigures:

Harry(casual clothes), Dudley(same hair as CM s2 weightlifter, head with grumpy and scared expression, casual clothes), Uncle Vernon(same hair as Arthur Weasley in grey, angry head, suit), Aunt Petunia(either Irina Spalko hair or new hairpiece, angry and scared head, blouse), Aunt Marge(Shanghai Willie Scott hair in brown or light nougat, happy and grumpy head, brown clothes), Ron Weasley(casual clothes)

The Room of Requirement

Comes with training dummies, vanishing cabinet, Rowena Ravenclaw bust with Diadem, Half-Blood Prince's potion book and other objects. (box size a bit smaller than 2010 Quidditch Match)

Minifigures:

Harry(uniform), Cho Chang(Black Ginny hairpiece, happy and crying head, Ravenclaw uniform), Neville(same hairpiece as Robin from Batman, nervous head, uniform), Luna Lovegood(Temple of Doom Willie Scott hair, same head, Ravenclaw uniform)

The Maze

Comes with loads if hedges, lots of traps, hundreds of creatures, and the trophy in the middle with light power function underneath it to make it glow. (box size in between 2010 Hogwarts Castle and Hogwarts Express)

Minifigures:

Harry(uniform or Gryffindor vest), Cedric Diggory(Hufflepuff uniform or Hufflepuff vest, CM s1skater hair in brown, relaxed and concentrating head), Viktor Krum(basically the same as last time), Fleur Delacour(CM s1 cheerleader hair, happy and scared head, Beaxbatons tracksuit), Rita Skeeter(Shanghai Willie Scott hair, cunning head, green and pink suit), Dumbledore(same as in 2010 Hogwarts)

Ministry of Magic

Comes with the Hall of Prophecies which is full of trans orbs, the veil room which has arch and veil, Umbridge's office full of pink things and "Undesirable no.1" poster and has Mad-Eye's magic eye on the door and the court room with the tiered seats and the chained chair for the accused and a trans/white cat for Umbridge's patronum. (box size slightly smaller than Diagon Alley)

Minifigures:

Harry Potter(casual), Hermione Granger(HER OWN casual clothes, not Ginny's :laugh: ), Ron Weasley(casual), Dumbledore(same as in Hogwarts Castle), Dolores Umbridge(mostly the same as last time, but with smiling face), Dementor x2(same as in 2010), Voldemort(same as in 2010), Sirius Black(Snape hair, friendly and angry head, robes), Lucius Malfoy(same as in 2010), Nymphadora Tonks(pink Exo-Force hair, angry and laughing face, new robes), Kingsley Shacklebot(CM s4 sailor hat in purple, calm head, purple robes)

Now I'd like to hear your ideas, and let's all hope that Harry Potter continues into 2012 and far beyond!

Well now that we know of the three sets in 2011, does anyone have ideas for any other sets in 2012? I have a few ideas...

Number 4, Privet Drive

Comes with house and flying car. Inside the house is a staircase with Harry's old room under it. Upstairs is his new room, with detachable bars over window. Downstairs is the kitchen and dining room, with large desert from CoS. (box about same size as The Burrow)

Minifigures:

Harry(casual clothes), Dudley(same hair as CM s2 weightlifter, head with grumpy and scared expression, casual clothes), Uncle Vernon(same hair as Arthur Weasley in grey, angry head, suit), Aunt Petunia(either Irina Spalko hair or new hairpiece, angry and scared head, blouse), Aunt Marge(Shanghai Willie Scott hair in brown or light nougat, happy and grumpy head, brown clothes), Ron Weasley(casual clothes)

The Room of Requirement

Comes with training dummies, vanishing cabinet, Rowena Ravenclaw bust with Diadem, Half-Blood Prince's potion book and other objects. (box size a bit smaller than 2010 Quidditch Match)

Minifigures:

Harry(uniform), Cho Chang(Black Ginny hairpiece, happy and crying head, Ravenclaw uniform), Neville(same hairpiece as Robin from Batman, nervous head, uniform), Luna Lovegood(Temple of Doom Willie Scott hair, same head, Ravenclaw uniform)

The Maze

Comes with loads if hedges, lots of traps, hundreds of creatures, and the trophy in the middle with light power function underneath it to make it glow. (box size in between 2010 Hogwarts Castle and Hogwarts Express)

Minifigures:

Harry(uniform or Gryffindor vest), Cedric Diggory(Hufflepuff uniform or Hufflepuff vest, CM s1skater hair in brown, relaxed and concentrating head), Viktor Krum(basically the same as last time), Fleur Delacour(CM s1 cheerleader hair, happy and scared head, Beaxbatons tracksuit), Rita Skeeter(Shanghai Willie Scott hair, cunning head, green and pink suit), Dumbledore(same as in 2010 Hogwarts)

Ministry of Magic

Comes with the Hall of Prophecies which is full of trans orbs, the veil room which has arch and veil, Umbridge's office full of pink things and "Undesirable no.1" poster and has Mad-Eye's magic eye on the door and the court room with the tiered seats and the chained chair for the accused and a trans/white cat for Umbridge's patronum. (box size slightly smaller than Diagon Alley)

Minifigures:

Harry Potter(casual), Hermione Granger(HER OWN casual clothes, not Ginny's :laugh: ), Ron Weasley(casual), Dumbledore(same as in Hogwarts Castle), Dolores Umbridge(mostly the same as last time, but with smiling face), Dementor x2(same as in 2010), Voldemort(same as in 2010), Sirius Black(Snape hair, friendly and angry head, robes), Lucius Malfoy(same as in 2010), Nymphadora Tonks(pink Exo-Force hair, angry and laughing face, new robes), Kingsley Shacklebot(CM s4 sailor hat in purple, calm head, purple robes)

Now I'd like to hear your ideas, and let's all hope that Harry Potter continues into 2012 and far beyond!

These all sound great, but I doubt any of them will happen. Possibly the Ministry of Magic and maybe the Room of Requirement. But, they won't be doing the Dursley's house because no children care/want to see that. I, of course, would, but no one else does.... I' sure they'll be more, but how 'bout we just be surprised and see what we get!! :laugh:

These all sound great, but I doubt any of them will happen. Possibly the Ministry of Magic and maybe the Room of Requirement. But, they won't be doing the Dursley's house because no children care/want to see that. I, of course, would, but no one else does.... I' sure they'll be more, but how 'bout we just be surprised and see what we get!! :laugh:

Thanks. About Privet Drive, they made one before. And I too would like to be pleasantly surprised, but I'd just like to hear other people's ideas!

There's already a massive topic on Harry Potter set ideas...dang, where'd it go...

The maze would be a good 'game' set but i think it'd be too big for a normal set

I'd like a set called something like 'The Unicorn Hunt' with centaur(s), a unicorn, a hooded figure, harry, malfoy and fang..

well what isn't beter then just looking at the HP Lego Games

Here are some examples of some things wich would be awesome

In Hagrids Hut Or Forbidden forest

They must have Hagrids Dog

dogir.png

Hagrid's Arrest

hargidsarrest.png

I would love to see the hospital Sence with the time Travel

timetravel.png

And they must have some kind of nurse

charaw.png

I would love to see the mandraks sence

livingtrees.png

Alright now these are a must have and I think everybody agrees with me

fleurs.png

Then we have the forbidden Forest Sence with the cenataur and the unicorn

Also a must have

centaurh.png

and then the last

I would love to see the car crash in the living tree

movingtree.png

Privet Drive 4 is a must! Either in Ford Anglia Escpape, Knight Bus runaway (but if the KB comes alone, unlikely) or (most likely) Seven Potters scene! A problem is that they would add at least 7 minifigs plus order members. Can you imagine: 7 harry minifigs in one set... :wacko:

Ministry of Magic are indeed also a great idea! Appearred more than enough in the last movies.

Then I would also like to see something in the Forbidden Forest, other than what happens in DH. We've got scenes with the unicorn, Aragog, dementors, enough to choose from. New Fang would be great, but unlikely.

Maybe more parts from Hogwarts. A Whomping Willow as said above would be cool too. Either with the Ford or with the route to the Shrieking Shack.

Harry Potter LEGO forever :P

Yes, and maybe the Malfoy Manor is the all most set we can have : with bellatrix, harry, ron, hermione, narcissa, dobby

and maybe with a cave with luna, mr ollivanders, gripsec, and harry.

This set can be for .... 120 euros?

i think is a good idea.

Some of the ideas sound really good! I've had a couple more...

The Whomping Willow

Comes with the tree, a passage underneath, the flying car, The Grim and Crookshanks. It is from the CoS scene and the PoA scene. (box size the same as 2010 Quidditch Match)

Minifigures:

Harry(casual), Hermione(casual), Ron(casual) and Lupin(human).

Hogsmead

Comes with Honeydukes, which is full of sweets and has underground passage, The Three Broomsticks, which has lots of glasses and bottles, and The Shreiking Shack, which has secret door boarded windows bed with exploding function and the Grim. (box size the same as Diagon Alley)

Minifigures:

Harry Potter(uniform), Hermione(uniform), Ron(uniform), Hagrid, Snape, Sirius Black, Voldemort, Madam Rosmerta(CM s2 poster hair in light tan or light yellow, happy/grumpy head, new female outfit), Dementor x2, Neville Longbottom(uniform), Cho Chang(uniform).

Well that's all I've got for now, but I'd like to hear more of other people's ideas!

I would suggest five more sets:

1) King's Cross Station $27.99 CAD

The scene in Deathly Hallows; include figs of Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, and Voldemort (disfigured)

2) Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes $64.99 CAD

Built in the same modular styles as Diagon Alley; include figs of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Fred Weasley, George Weasley.

3) 12 Grimmauld Place $79.99

Similar to the Burrow, with both exterior and interior builds; include figs of Harry Potter, Sirius Black, Kreacher, Nymphadora Tonks, Albus Dumbledore, Alastor Moody

4) Ministry of Magic $120.99 CAD

Just the Ministry Atrium area; include figs of Harry Potter, Arthur Weasley, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Dolores Umbridge, Cornelius Fudge, Yaxley, Rufus Scrimgeour

5) Hogsmeade Village $199.99 CAD

Include buildings for Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, Hogshead, and Shrieking Shack; include figs of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Madame Rosemerta, Aberforth Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, Peter Pettigrew

The scene in Deathly Hallows; include figs of Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, and Voldemort (disfigured)

Built in the same modular styles as Diagon Alley; include figs of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Fred Weasley, George Weasley.

Similar to the Burrow, with both exterior and interior builds; include figs of Harry Potter, Sirius Black, Kreacher, Nymphadora Tonks, Albus Dumbledore, Alastor Moody

Just the Ministry Atrium area; include figs of Harry Potter, Arthur Weasley, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Dolores Umbridge, Cornelius Fudge, Yaxley, Rufus Scrimgeour

Include buildings for Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, Hogshead, and Shrieking Shack; include figs of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Madame Rosemerta, Aberforth Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, Peter Pettigrew

Damn good ideas. I'd say if they did the ministry atrium then they should inclused the statues too.

Excelent Ideas everyone !

Personnaly, If we'd go for a Ministry of Magic set, the Atrium would be perfect ! I can easely imagine a cool Atrium. What about having An Indiana Jones, Temple of the Crystall Skull looking set ? One raised baseplate, why not the one from that set ? With dark green and black brick pattern. On the front, Black Arches and the fountain and the golden Statues. On the Other Side, we'd have on the left and the right two fireplaces, and in the Middle a dark wooden floor, just like the movies. On both sides we'd have two small tower-ish things, some raised platforms just like in the Temple Set. On one of them we would have Umbridge, sitting there with a trans clear cat piece. And on the other, we'd have a dementor or two, swinging through the air.

Minifigs : Harry, Ron Hermione ( In the clothes of the Three Ministry officers, with dubble sided heads ) Yaxley, Umbridge, and two golden Wizards for the Statue ? Seems reasonnable doesn't it ?

Indeed great ideas! Thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I would totally love the hogsmeade village done in diagon alley style! Ministry of Magic too but only if it is a big set.

Edit: wait, isn't the last harry potter movie getting released this year. Why would lego release harry potter themed sets in 2012 that does not coincide with the movies.

Edited by Juppy

I would totally love the hogsmeade village done in diagon alley style! Ministry of Magic too but only if it is a big set.

Edit: wait, isn't the last harry potter movie getting released this year. Why would lego release harry potter themed sets in 2012 that does not coincide with the movies.

TLG would release more to coincide with LEgo HArry Potter Years 5-7 the Videogame, whenever THAT comes out. :laugh:

really nice ideas but to be honest.. the kingscross set won't happen. the disfigured Voldemort is just way do dark and gruesome (although i don't know how it will be portrayed in the movie but the picture that the Book created in my head is nothing one would produce in a toy). On the Otherhand again there was a burned Anakin aswell.. so maybe there is hope.

But if Lego produces this sets my wallet will cry..

I would kill for a whomping willow, presuming it was made well haha.

I would expect it to have Harry and Hermione, Ron and the grim.

I would LIKE it to have Harry, Hemione, Ron, Sirus, the grim, Lupin, Wormtail, the flying car.

It would be nice for it to have some kind of hole in it as a passage to the Shack.

Speaking of which, I would also love a new shrieking shack, one which is larger and gets the shape of the building in the films better.

I would expect it to have Sirus, Lupin, Snape, Wormtail and Harry.

I would like it to have all of the above characters plus Ron and Hermione.

I'd love next years castle piece (assuming there is one, as there has been these past 2 years.) to be a collection of chambers, i.e. the philosophers stones chambers and a good sized chamber of secrets. However with the inclusion of the mirror in the new battle for Hogwarts I can't see them doing the philosophers stone chambers. But we could still get a chamber of secrets with some classrooms above, the toilet with moaning Mertyl, a hallway with a wall which can be spun, on one side a normal wall and on the other a wall that has "the chamber of secrets has been opened" written on it.

I would expect it to have Harry, Hermione, Ron, the basilisk, Mertyl, Lockhart, Ginny, Tom Riddle.

I would like it to have Harry, Hermione, Ron, basilisk, Mertlyl, Lockhart, Ginny, Tom Riddle, Trelawney, Crabbe, Goyle and Malfoy.

Those are a few or my ideas, good or bad as they may be...

I would kill for a whomping willow, presuming it was made well haha.

I would expect it to have Harry and Hermione, Ron and the grim.

I would LIKE it to have Harry, Hemione, Ron, Sirus, the grim, Lupin, Wormtail, the flying car.

It would be nice for it to have some kind of hole in it as a passage to the Shack.

Speaking of which, I would also love a new shrieking shack, one which is larger and gets the shape of the building in the films better.

I would expect it to have Sirus, Lupin, Snape, Wormtail and Harry.

I would like it to have all of the above characters plus Ron and Hermione.

I'd love next years castle piece (assuming there is one, as there has been these past 2 years.) to be a collection of chambers, i.e. the philosophers stones chambers and a good sized chamber of secrets. However with the inclusion of the mirror in the new battle for Hogwarts I can't see them doing the philosophers stone chambers. But we could still get a chamber of secrets with some classrooms above, the toilet with moaning Mertyl, a hallway with a wall which can be spun, on one side a normal wall and on the other a wall that has "the chamber of secrets has been opened" written on it.

I would expect it to have Harry, Hermione, Ron, the basilisk, Mertyl, Lockhart, Ginny, Tom Riddle.

I would like it to have Harry, Hermione, Ron, basilisk, Mertlyl, Lockhart, Ginny, Tom Riddle, Trelawney, Crabbe, Goyle and Malfoy.

Those are a few or my ideas, good or bad as they may be...

i like your Castle idea but i don't think the mirror in the Battle of Hogwarts set represents Nehegeb(not sure about the english spelling of the mirror and to lazy to look it up, ya know what I mean). The Mirror has absolutly nothing to do with The Battle and is one of the few things that remain in one book - the first one. While every other piece of this set can be explained with the battle scene, i doubt that this is a reffrence to the first book/film. The Mirror could represent the Room of Requirement where all the stuff is hidden, or a Mirror/cubboard could replace the portrait they entered the school with (from the hogshead) in the movie, because i think that would look kind of weird on the big screen.

Dies anyone know if and when TLG publish their financial results? It would be interesting to see how well the HP sets have done commercially.

If they've done very well then i think 2012 could see more, but unfortunately i'm doubtful. I think our best hope is if PotC crashes and burns and TLG find themselves needing to keep the HP license.

Here are some of my ideas:

Room of Requirement (scene from Deathly Hallows pt 2)

Price: £79.99

Minifigs: Harry Potter (casual), Ron Weasley (casual), Hermione Granger (casual), Draco Malfoy (casual), Gregory Goyle (uniform) and Blaise Zabini (uniform).

The set would come with Ravenclaw's Diadem, lots of junk from old students, the Vanishing Cabinet and lots of fire.

Whomping Willow (scene from Prisoner of Azkaban)

Price: £39.99

Minifigs: Harry Potter (casual), Ron Weasley (casual), Hermione Granger (casual), Sirius Black (prison clothes), the Grim and Scabbers.

The set would come with the Whomping Willow with hole at bottom for the Grim to take Ron into and some random plants.

The Great Gringotts Escape (scene from Deathly Hallows part 2)

Price: £99.99

Minifigs: Harry Potter (casual with Invisiblity Cloak), Ron Weasley (Death Eater disguise, double sided head), Hermione Granger (Bellatrix Lestrange disguise, double sided head), Griphook, Travers (double sided head, one normal, one Imperiused), 2 Gringotts Goblins, 2 Gringotts Wizard Guards and the Dragon.

The set would come with Gringotts Bank with exploding function, Gringotts Main Hall, Bellatrix Lestrange's vault, Hufflepuff's cup, Sword of Godric Gryffindor, some coins, some other treasure for the vault, waterfall that removes any cloaking enchantments, large chains and a brown 64x64 baseplate to put everything onto.

Lovegood's House (scene from Deathly Hallows part 1)

Price: £59.99

Minifigs: Harry Potter (casual), Hermione Granger (casual), Ron Weasley (casual), Xenophilius Lovegood, Travers and Yaxley.

The set would come with Lovegood's House with exploding function, Xenophilius' Dirigible Plum Garden, model of Ravenclaw's Diadem, Erumpent Horn, printed brown book (The Tales of Beedle the Bard (with page with story of The Three Brothers printed inside)) and some random plants.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

I think that, from those sets you people have thought, just a few could really become real, such as "Whomping Willow" (without the car), "Lovegood House", and tin7_creations sets.

Seeing that LEGO loves remakes, i think they could remake the "Potion classroom" with Slughorn, "The Chamber of Secrets" (if, eventually, BoH basements are not supposed to be the Chamber) and, perhaps, "Private Drive".

What I'd really like to see is the Ministry set, with Fudge, Scrimgeour, Umbridge and Pius (similar to tin7 version). The Atrium (with a removable Magical Brethren/Might is Magic fountain), something from the Department of Mysteries (Death or Prophecies chamber) and a little Wizengamot.

I like most of the other ideas, it would be great to see them made into official sets. Here's some more of my ideas:

The Leaky Cauldron(£24.99)

Includes:

Black/grey/brown building(similar in style as the blue MMV building), with sign and alley at back with folding wall, stairs inside, bar, four poster bed and Monster Book of Monsters.

Minifigures:

Harry(casual), Ron(casual), Hermione(casual), Professor Quirrell(mainly the same as original but in flesh), Hagrid, Crookshanks(new cat mould in dark orange), Hedwig.

Number 12 Grimmauld Place(£34.99)

Includes:

Grey building with some sort of folding function, dining room/kitchen with table and other kitchen utensils and fittings, bedroom with four poster and letter and posters and Slytherin banners, staircase with elf heads in trans domes and Mrs. Black portrait behind slidable curtains, chest of drawers with locket.

Minifigures:

Harry(casual), Ron(casual), Hermione(casual), Sirius(re-designed), Buckbeak, Molly, Kreacher, Mundungus(brown head with scowling face, purple robes).

Defence Against the Dark Arts(£19.99)

Includes:

Wardrobe, staircase leading to office, cage, two desks/chairs, black/chalk board.

Minifigures:

Harry(uniform) and Dementor or Padma Patil(black PoP Tamina hair, brown head with scared/happy face, Ravenclaw uniform) and large clown, Lupin.

Hope to here more ideas soon!

Edited by Gregorovich

I think the thing about this thread is that people tend to forget that the sets aren't minifig based. I find that many of the wishlists here lists a whole army of figs for very small sets. So none of them seem very realistic.

I think the thing about this thread is that people tend to forget that the sets aren't minifig based. I find that many of the wishlists here lists a whole army of figs for very small sets. So none of them seem very realistic.

Not nessecarily, some of the more recent sets (Quidditch Match and the upcoming Forbidden Forest) do contain a hefty amount of figures.

Regarding the sets,I could easily see the Ministry of Magic, the DADA or Potions classroom, and parts of Hogsmeade as official ones.

I'm guessing the following number of figs per set price range (in USD)

$10: 3-4 figures

$20-40 3-5 figures

$40-$80 5-7 figures

$80+ 7-12 figures

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Hogsmeade Village set.

Sirius