Dr.Cogg

Best and Worst ideas for PoTC sets

Ooh!

Since playing the new video game demo and watching the 2nd film I am asolutely obsessed with the Dutchman crew!

They could make:

Dutchman crew battle pack for £9.99-£12.99. Containing...

Davy Jones, Maccus (The hammerhead one), Hadras, Jimmy Legs (He is the bosun, he was the one who tried to whip William Turner, but Bootstrap did it instead), Clanker (The one with a hat, in the film he wields chain shot) and Bootstrap Bill Turner. Also contains the chest with heart and some small tree or building. :pir-wub: I want this soooooo much!

Cursed crew battle pack for £9.99-£12.99. Containing...

Barbossa, Koehler (The one with Dreadlocks), Bo'sun (the African giant with tattoos), Raggeti, Pintel and Jacobi (The bomber maniac). Also contains a chest with Aztec gold and some small tree or building. This would be awesome too!

These Characters could be easily made as they are in the game, only new moulds being Davy Jones' beard and hat, Maccus' head, and Koehler's dreadlocks.

I think these would be awesome and I would pay lots for these! :pir-wub:

Totally agree, once they've been designed by the Game designers, the leap to bringing them into plastic is much smaller. I would definitely pay for these!

The LEGO Group accepts AFOL community feedback through the LEGO Ambassadors.

In the near future we will be collecting feedback about the Pirates of the Caribbean sets which will be sent to the LEGO Group.

Ooh - will this be in a new thread, or will you just take notes from threads that already exist?

I really like the idea of a Dutchman Crew and a Cursed Crew battlepacks, but really; six minifigs for that price?, it seems very unlikely considering the licensed battle packs contains at max four minifigs (there was five in the Star Wars assassin droid pack and seven in the battle droid pack, but that's because those figs are cheaper to produce).

Why not just include the interceptor? That is a fine way of doing it - Lego usualy doesn't want to put 10+ minigs to populate a ship, so make it turn into story, put the mentioned minifigs in and get a nice ship!

Hmm...

Perhaps battlepack-ish sets. With more generic than named characters.

All are around $10, like always.

Aztec Cursed

Barbossa's crewmen from Curse of the Black Pearl. Includes some rocky outcroppings, gold (chromed coins/bars along with dull 1x1s, like a portion of Isla De La Muerta), perhaps a dingy or a broken ship's mast. Generally small. Includes Barbossa's lieutenant (forget his name), 1 other crewman (possibly 2), skeletal crewman.

Port Royal Garrisson

Maybe a small set of battlements/cannon/flag. Includes Lieutenant, (like the king's captain from London escape) 2 generic guards.

Crew for Eternity

Jones' crew, from the scene in Dead Man's Chest on the island. Includes a brickbuilt tree, maybe a hiding place in it for the chest of Davy Jones. Includes Hadras (green pirate from The Mill), the hammerhead-looking guy,and some generic coral pirates.

Fight in Tortuga

Black Pearl crewman, from the barfight in Tortuga scene. Table/chair(s), keg, plenty of rum bottles. Includes the parrot guy from the Peral (generic enough to be mixed with other parts), 2 generic pirates (one replaced by Norrington if necessary.)

I know all of those are unlikely, but it'd be nice to see at least one. Good way to build crews.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Theft of the intercepter

mini figs jack will and 2 red coats

main element dock with cargo

extra elements row boat and crab trap and line

just a thought

Why not just include the interceptor? That is a fine way of doing it - Lego usualy doesn't want to put 10+ minigs to populate a ship, so make it turn into story, put the mentioned minifigs in and get a nice ship!

Yes the Interceptor ship should be included, with a little dock and 5-6 figs would be fine with me 800+ parts.

One of the three listed below. Lego isn't making enough ships.

HMS ENDEAVOUR / DAUNTLESS $199

Basically a recouloured version of the new imperial flagship with better minifigs (and a higher pricetag).

Madame Ching's Junk $79

A nice Chinese Junk with 4 gunports (and 2 cannons)

Spanish Galleon $139

Bright coloured. Something like 12XX pieces. With new Spaniard figures.

Personally, I think that lego should create a ship set that comes with a port. A Black Pearl set that includes a chunk of Port Royal would be great.

They could even price it in the same range as the AT-OT dropship and I'm sure fans will be more than willing to buy it.

It would be similar to the skeleton ship that came out with the fantasy castle theme a few years back only larger and more detailed. :pir_laugh2:

After watching all the POTC movies one more time and playing the Lego POTC game I got to the following wishlist: all minifigs mentioned below (except Teague) are already included in the POTC game.

Curse of the Black Pearl:

Blacksmith Shop Duel (€ 39,99) ± 300 pcs

Figs: Will Turner, Jack Sparrow, Mr. Brown

Set: Blacksmith shop, large wheel with donkey (or horse), mr. Brown sleeping with bottle, Jack and Will dueling

Port Royal Prison (€ 27,99) ± 200 pcs

Figs: Jack Sparrow

Set: Prison Cell with gate and removable hole in wall, dog with key in front of the cell

Interceptor and docks (€ 99,99) ± 800 pcs

Figs: Jack Sparrow, Anamaria, Marty, Mullroy and Murtogg

Set: Smaller sized ship and a small part of the docks, Jack negotiating with the two soldiers, crew already setting sail

Tortuga Recruitment (€ 49,99) ± 400

Figs: Jack Sparrow, Gibbs, Cotton and a barkeeper

Set: Inn with bar, Jack and Joshamee sitting at a table recruiting Cotton with his parrot

Battle on the Dauntless (€ 89,99) ± 700 pcs

Figs: Hector Barbossa (Skeleton), Pintel (Skeleton), Ragetti (Skeleton) and two navy soldiers

Set: Smaller sized Royal vessel where Barbossa's crewmen skeletons are fighting the Royal Navy

Dead Man’s Chest:

Tia Dalma’s Shack (€ 59,99) ± 500 pcs

Figs: Tia Dalma, Jack Sparrow, Pintel, Ragetti and Monkey Jack

Set: Wooden Shack in swamp, where Jack gives the monkey to Tia

Beckett’s Office (€ 27,99) ± 200 pcs

Figs: Elisabeth Swann, Governor Swann and Cutler Beckett

Set: Large map on wall, large desk and chair where Beckett commandes the Swanns

Kraken vs Edinburgh Trader (€ 129,99) ± 1000 pcs

Figs: Elisabeth Swann, Captain Bellamy and a crewmember

Set: Elisabeth escapes on a small trading vessel, only to be attacked by the Kraken

Flying Dutchman (€ 199,99) ± 1400 pcs

Figs: Davy Jones, Penrod, Bootstrap Bill, Jimmy Legs, Koleniko, Jack Sparrow and Will Turner (all these figs appear in the POTC game)

Set: The one... the largest... the best equipped and meanest ship and crew

At World’s End

Singapore Bath House (€ 39,99) ± 300 pcs

Figs: Hector Barbossa, Elisabeth Swann, Will Turner and Sao Feng

Set: Bath house where Elisabeth negotiates with Soa Feng

Hai Peng (€ 79,99) ± 600 pcs

Figs: Pintel, Ragetti, Tia Dalma, Tai Huang

Set: Small asian styled ship, Jacks crew roam the iced sea for Captain Sparrow

The Brethren Court (€ 49,99) ± 400 pcs

Figs: Elisabeth Swann, Jack Sparrow, Edward Teague, Hector Barbossa, Sao Feng and Ragetti

Set: Large table with chairs, where Ragetti gives his wooden eye to Barbossa

On Stranger Tides

Retreiving the cups (69,99) ± 600 pcs

Figs: The Spaniard, Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa (wooden legged) and 2 more Spanish soldiers

Set: Large tent surrounded by some palm trees, where Jack and Hector try to steal the 2 cups from the Spaniards

Finding the Santiago (€ 129,99) ± 1000 pcs

Figs: Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa (King George’s outfit) and a skeleton

Set: Part of Ponce de Léon's ship on a cliff, inside the Léon's ship is a bed with his skeleton on it

I would offer my services to the Lego design team if they consider these sets :pir_laugh2:

Nice ideas, though there's too many sets mentioned here in the same price range (40 - 80) to be released in next vawe or two. Also I'd like to note one thing: please keep Jack out of as many sets as possible. For Example Tia Dalma's shack could easily be done like the captain's cabin set for 15-20 including Tia, the monkey and mybe Barbossa in new bluish outfit with an apple. Also little accessories like woodo stuff on shelves and a desk would be included, but there's no need for an actual shack, since it can easily be built with some brown pieces.

Also no need to push Jack into the Flying Dutchman set. Will is enough if there has to be one from opposing fraction but I'd be sattisifed with the crew only.

The port royal prison? Yes please but with the neighbour cell with 3 or 4 random pirates some bones and a dog with the key. no need for another Jack!

As for Tortuga, why not make a set before Jack came visited it with Gibs, Cotton a red and a yellow dressed lady and maybe even some random pirates drinking in a bar ...

The Black Pearl is supposed to include Jack, Will, Gibbs, Davy Jones, Maccus and Bootstrap.

I like the fact that there is Davy Jones' crew members but I miss Jack's crew members. So if they do a Flying Dutchman, it should have Jimmy Legs, Palifico, Wyvern or others + some crew members they forgot on the Black Pearl like Pintel, Ragetti, Marty and Cotton and his parrot. As the Flying Dutchman is the hottest ship of the movie, it should be the biggest, maybe bigger than the QAR but smaller than the IF.

I know we won't probably get a HMS endavour but at least I'd like a small cabin with Lord Beckett, Mr. Mercer and Governer Swann in it (from the scene at the beginning of At World's End). About the size of the captain's cabin in the first wave with the chest of Davy Jones, a desk and some other items.

I'd also like a set where we could get Sao Feng (maybe his ship or his bath house) and Tia Dalma (please with Jack the Monkey because I don't have any LEGO monkey yet!)

I don't think I've posted ideas in this thread here... I made a similar topic a while ago, and it's interesting to see what ideas people had back then.

My previous list was crazy long, so I'll do my two favourites here:

Tia Dalma Shack

I can imagine this being a very fun build.

Shanghai Pirate Ship

A new design of ship we've never had before.

Edited by David Thomsen

Honestly lego will most likely put jack in every set. Anyway my ideas:

Tortuga: Comes with Jack, Gibbs, Annamaria, Marty, Cotton, Disgraced Norrington and maybe a new Elizabeth. Large bar, Dock and maybe jacks small boat included.($80-$90)

The Search for the Fountain:Large set with baseplate. Contains Jack, Barbossa(peg leg), Blackbeard, Angelica, Syrena with carrying case, British Lieutenant (Groves?), Cabin Boy, Salamen, The Spaniard and 2 spanish soldiers. Also includes spanish camp, entrance to fountain (something like portal to atlantis feature), some of pon stellion's ship and broken bridge. Also greenery surrounding everything.($175-$200)

Thats all for now.