Sign in to follow this  
Rob Klingberg

Lego Train Show?

Hello all--

Just wondering, if I live in the central U.S., what is the best Lego show to attend in 2011 for trains? I see all kinds of events but am not sure which is the best attended by Lego train fans, or which will have the most trains on display.

Thanks for your input!

--Rob

Brickworld 2011 might be up your alley. It is in Wheeling, IL (north suburb of Chicago). June 16-19.

There is usually a trains roundtable discussion and plenty of train layouts.

I'm not sure if this layout makes it south of the border, but I've seen it a few times now at Train Fest and it's very impressive: http://pewaukeeroad.com/Events.htm

I haven't been to a LEGO show, but if there are more displays like that I might have to make the effort to visit one soon.

Brick Fiesta will be held in Austin, Texas this year, early July. It's our first year to do it, and I doubt we'll have as much train representation as Brickworld... but hey, my steam engines will be there! And that has to count for something, right?

--Tony

Edited by SavaTheAggie

Brickworld 2011 might be up your alley. It is in Wheeling, IL (north suburb of Chicago). June 16-19.

There is usually a trains roundtable discussion and plenty of train layouts.

Second this if you are in the midwest. There were at least six different layouts at BrickWorld last year. I can think of NILTC, TotLUG, CILTC, Milton Train works, common group layout and my layout. Did I miss anyone?

I don't suppose there are any Lego shows in the UK?

Never been to one, as they all seem to be in the US, or Japan. There should be, but not advertised as the Model Aircraft flying shows I go to.

If there are lego shows in the UK, are there traders to buy things?

I don't suppose there are any Lego shows in the UK?

Never been to one, as they all seem to be in the US, or Japan. There should be, but not advertised as the Model Aircraft flying shows I go to.

If there are lego shows in the UK, are there traders to buy things?

I think you should likely check out the Brickish UK website for all types of UK based Lego exhibitions,Brickish Website

Edited by paul_delahaye

I understand that you're looking for a good train show to attend - but this really is a rediculous question.

While people can give their opinions, what exactly defines one show as being better than another? It's purely opinion based, so no-one can give you a worth while answer.

There are plenty of LEGO events and train shows around the place - pick one to go to in 2011, and go to a different one in 2012. There'll always be a good event happening, but I can't really accept that there is one any better than another.

There are plenty of LEGO events and train shows around the place - pick one to go to in 2011, and go to a different one in 2012. There'll always be a good event happening, but I can't really accept that there is one any better than another.

Some of it may be subjective, but some of it certainly can be objective, as well, not the least of which is the number of layouts at any given show, as well as the size of the layouts (which you can get a good idea of).

It's nice to suggest going to a different show every year, but I personally wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars every year just to see other people's layouts that I can see online when I can use that money to buy more LEGO, so I think someone who is willing to put that money up just to see some other LEGO trains is better off choosing one with a lot of layouts.