Oky

Weirdest Action Theme

Weird Action Themes  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the weirdest?

• Time Cruisers/Twisters
    • NinjaGo
    • Other

I put my vote to NinjaGO for one critical reason. With Time Cruisers, I think TLG wer trying to be as wierd and as fun as they could whereas with the NinjaGO sets, there is no valid explanation for what is going on. It seems to me they couldn't decide between 3 distintive themes so tried to combine them all together. Not a wis move IMO. :hmpf_bad:

Oh i forgot one thing: What do you think, if Lego makes a theme based on this movie? showdown of turkish star wars ...and no, it is not a spoof.

Dude, what did i just watch. :wacko: Turkish Jackie Chan fighting the evil muppets i got - sort of - but the random SW stuff was bizarre! Kinda makes me think of "The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires". On acid.

Ahem. Moving on, sorry! I don't actually find either theme that strange, i mean Lego is all about imagination, right? I can see Ninjago's roots in Pokemon and anime and Time cruiser's in Back to the Future etc, both seem like solid premises. The execution of the Time Cruisers sets is decidedly odd though, so it gets my vote. :classic:

The Time Cruisers: Yes it is a time travelling theme, and the awfuls lots of mismatching hats that are included are the way children in the 90s would have done it.

Good point - something just came to my mind when I read it:

Time Cruisers is exactly the kinds of structures I irritatedly saw being built when I was a child and we had other children over who were messing playing with my Lego! One couldn't provide a more precise description of the theme! :laugh:

Seriously!

Edited by Enpaz

Time Cruisers isn't all that bizarre. It just has crappy set design.

Ninjago's skeleton riding a chopper bike in (what I presume) is feudal Japan. That's bizarre.

Steve

No, Ninjago apparently takes place in modern times. Still quite bizare though.

That's a tough pole for me... I can't even remember the Time Cruiser theme...

At first, I thought Time Cruiser, mostly because of the weird look of the sets. However, after reading the recapitulation of Ninjago in the original post...

Filled with ninjas, dragons, vehicles, giant spinning tops, and other strange things, this theme follows the quest of a handful of ninjas bent on becoming masters of the ancient art of Spinjitzu and stopping the evil Lord Garmadon from acquiring a series of magical weapons and taking over the world.

I indeed thought that:

"What the hell were they smoking when they designed this?"

However, in terms of plot-idea, both themes aren't that crazy.

I admit timetravel less common as the main element of a series than fantastic Ninjas, but there are quite many cartoons which got at least one episode were the characters travel through time (usually into the past).

And Ninjago is a wild mix of several fantasy/Anime clichés (Ninjas with elemental Super Powers, Evil Skeletons with crazy modern vehicles) including something that reminds me of Beyblade (which I didn't really like).