Sign in to follow this  
BoThEr-MaN

What is ypur favourite Harry Potter Set?

Hello, Im BotherMan. This is my first topic, so i´d start now. Well, my favourite Harry Potter Set is Hagrid´s Hut, because it´s a really great house. Yes i´ve

got it and yes it´s little (only for Hagrid. He don´t fit´s through the door). There are many animals (2 owls, I think the brown owl is Pigwidgeon and I know

that the grey owl is Errol, 1 dragon (Baby Nortbert), a rat, 3 spiders(I think acromantula babies) and Aragog. In his hut Hagrid can cook something (light brick), spice the food and he had a bed (but he´s to big!), so Hermione can sit or sleep on it.

Thanks for reading!

Here are some pictures:

4738-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

4738-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

4738-0000-xx-33-4.jpg

If you mean all the HP sets ever released, here is my favourite:

4730 The Chamber of Secrets

This set came out in 2002 and even today it remains my favourite(inspite of rubbish Ginny Weasley and Tom Riddle figures) Harry Potter set to this day.

Anyways, here are the pictures of the set and the minifigs:

250px-4730-1_imagel_thumb2.jpg The box.

4730-1.jpg The set out of its box.

140.jpg A closer look at the printed shield.

p1050063.jpg A closer look at a printed wall element. Picture found @ FindMyBrick.

mini-694-2.jpg A closer look at the Basilisk. That printing is lovely. Too bad hardly any parts are printed today. :cry_sad:

I couldn't find a close up of Fawkes.

403173814_o.jpg A closer look at the set out of the box. You can also see that Fawkes is included in this set.

hp005.jpg Harry Potter minifigure. It was the best they had back then, but that uniform is poor and the eyebrows in the glasses is also poor. Note the starry cape.

hp007.jpg Ron Weasley minifigure. The hair is a bad choice(same with Ginny Weasley and Tom Riddle) but that face captures Ron's look in the early movies perfectly. Once again the uniform is thge wrong colour and just isn't as good as today's uniform. Note another starry cape.

hp029.jpg Gilderoy Lockhart minifigure. This is one of two variations. The other came in The Duelling Club set also released in 2002. It is my personal favourite minifigure from this set. It just looks perfectly like Lockhart as he appeared in this scene(ignoring the fact that in the film he is flesh but here he is yellow :laugh: )

hp030.jpg Ginny Weasley minifigure. The hair is an awful choice(unlike the new version's hair) but the face captures Ginny Weasley's look in the second film. I still dislike the old Hogwarts uniforms. :hmpf_bad:

hp031.jpg Tom Riddle. This is the weakest of the minifigures in the set. It doesn't look anything like Tom Riddle did in the film, and Harry Potter's hair was a poor choice for Tom Riddle's hair. I also still dislike the uniform.

Inspite of the flaws of this set, it will forever be my favourite. I don't actually own it yet but one of my work colleagues showed me it when I went to his house to show me his Lego collection and I have loved this set ever since(I will buy it after Christmas off of Bricklink or EBay).

Sorry for such a picture-heavy post.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1; man did this movie drag. I have read the book, and I don't recall it being that boring. My son is an HP fan, and I took him to see it the day before his birthday. He was excited to see the movie. But wanted to leave soon after it started. He kept asking me when it was going to end. He wasn't disturbed by the darkness of the film, he just said he was bored. I asked him later if he understood why they were in the woods, and he did get what was going on. But man, was it boring. I laughed at some parts.

For part 2 I hope they do the part in regards to Snape right. That was my favorite part in the book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Movies| Watch Movies Online

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1; man did this movie drag. I have read the book, and I don't recall it being that boring. My son is an HP fan, and I took him to see it the day before his birthday. He was excited to see the movie. But wanted to leave soon after it started. He kept asking me when it was going to end. He wasn't disturbed by the darkness of the film, he just said he was bored. I asked him later if he understood why they were in the woods, and he did get what was going on. But man, was it boring. I laughed at some parts.

For part 2 I hope they do the part in regards to Snape right. That was my favorite part in the book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Movies| Watch Movies Online

It´s good that you watched the movie, but I asked you: WHAT´S YOUR FAVOURITE LEGO HARRY POTTER SET EVER RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's too much for me to pick one as a whole, so I'm going for one for each movie. :grin:

The Philosopher's Stone

euro_fav_hp_set_1.jpg

This is more because of nostalgia on my part; it was my very first set, both of Lego, and the Harry Potter sub-genre. I had a lot of fun with it as a child.

The Chamber of Secrets

euro_fav_hp_set_2.jpg

Also more out of nostalgia, this set was great fun as a child. I got it for Christmas with several other CoS sets, and never looked back. The Basilisk, Fawkes, Riddles diary, the statue head, Godric Griffyndor's sword, the sorting hat - it was like having the entire movie at the palm of my hands.

The Prisoner of Azakaban

euro_fav_hp_set_3.jpg

Probably my overall second favourite set. The figures, the design, the cool details like the lollypops in HoneyDukes, the boarded up windows, etc.

The Goblet of Fire

euro_fav_hp_set_4.jpg

I know it's a slight contradiction of what I said at the start, but this is probably my overall favourite set. The details, the buildings, the tombstones and such, all make this set perfect. All it's missing is a Trophy and Cedric Diggory.

Order of the Phoenix

... Nope. Nothing. What? The castle? Nope, can't say I remember getting any OotP sets. :sadnew:

The Half-blooded Prince

euro_fav_hp_set_5.jpg

Probably the best Hogwarts we've received. The large amount of rooms, like the vanishing cabinet, the Restricted Section of the Library, two common rooms, Dumbledores office and a great Great Hall. Not to mention the detailed characters, like the key printed Filch, the much more movie accurate Snape, the dread inspiring Dementors, the spooky Voldemort, etc. OH YEAH, A FLITWICK FIGURE!

My favourite set is either the 2010 version of the Hogwarts Express(because of all the figures we get(Luna Lovegood is my favourite), the flying car the chocolate frog and all the accesories) or the 2010 version of Hogwarts Castle(because of all the minifigures, rooms, accesories, new parts and the overall building). Although they are my favourite, I still love almost all of the other HP sets too.

Hard for me as I don't have any of the new sets (Yet) so I have to pick a old one I got.

I would probably have to say this set (But will change probably when I get the Burrow as my favourite set) :thumbup:

The Knight bus :classic:

K4755-0000-XX-13-1.jpg

Huh. Tough choice! I would have to narrow it down to two sets: Freeing Dobby if I can't pick a set that's not buyable. (The reason is Lucius Malfoy's suit) Otherwise, Diagon Alley would be my favorite set, just by how it looks. :oh: Pics included:

5253977985_e4256cd15a_b.jpg

Diagon Alley :wub:

5254002445_4e694a6b96_b.jpg

Freeing Dobby (Remember, it's for the suit. :wink: )

Cool topic!

For me it's a tie between the new Hogwarts castle and the Burrows.... meh, it's not a tie, I'll go for the Hogwarts: it's just a tad nicer with all that figs and the bigger size and it is the more classic of the two in my opinion, as it's more of an icon for the HP series. And all those great parts make me go :wub: . The Burrows is also awesome in term of parts, though... in the end, I say it's Hogwarts because:

"You take a Burrow, and multiply it by four - now a whole lot of Burrows equals one Hogwa(a)rts"

Enpaz

Edited by Enpaz