reideen1313

Who wants to look at the Arkham comic when....

Look at all those brown pieces! *wub*

Nice find! I actually like this set. The Ivy prison is a tad tacky, however. The same is true of Batman's glider. :-P The bricks are what get me though. I definitely thought they'd use some newfangled prefabricated wall piece. *y* Good going TLC! Now if only they'd incorporate that into KK2....

EDIT: Why isn't the guard wielding a modern rifle?

By far the most Castle-useful Batman set. I love the bricks, the windows, and even those bulky balcony pieces. The figs are also great!

Excellent find, reideen1313! :-D

Guys - I gotta give credit where credit is due. I got the pic emailed to me from Steve - the LEGO community rep. He does that because I was part of the Comic Summit this past December in Enfield.

Thanks again Steve!! *y* X-D

Wowie wowie wow! As a castle guy I've just got to get this one. I had planned on Bricklinking the figs, but aside from the ambulance, everything is useful here. At least 9 arched windows, 3 of those high sloped roof/ninja wall pieces, HP roof in a better color, iron gate and curved fences, plus lots of bricks and plates.

Bruce

Hmmmm what to say about this set...

The first thing i noticed about this set was what looks like the lack of prison cells for figs, from what i see there seems to only be a cell for poison ivy which if true seems a real shame as i always thought that lego would of given arkham alot more.

I also cant help but think that this set is more HP looking than i would of liked, still the rest looks good nightwings bike looks like the same one in the catwoman set which is ok as its now in black.

One thing that i really dont like though is the glider, it just looks so big and bulky to me.

Hm...well, I can't say I'm impressed with it. It's so modular...I was hoping for a larger building with actual cells, instead of a bunch of huts. I actually like Poison Ivy's cell (though a few actual plants inside would've been nicer. I wish they weren't flesh-tones either, but what could I expect?

It all looks soo...mideval as mentioned before. I wanted/expected something with a more contemporary...gothic look that Gotham is known for. I wanted extra cells for the Joker/Killer Croc/Twoface, and offices for police officers. I guess it's an okay parts pack but...it's a real let down. Three exclusive figs is the only real plus to this set. I'll still buy it though :-P

this has to be the most ecxpected set to see for months..and finally here it is..

i dont know thow if i like it. 8-| .it sure has some very nice parts but i was hoping for smth more than just "cool parts"..i wanted a bigger building..a solid one and not a 3 part one..thats something i dont like. :-(

and why on earth are the cells looking outside? is this a monster museum?? *wacko*

i also was hoping it was more original and not something that popped out of harry potter vs castle...

i wanted it to be a LOT more gothic to go with gotham as we know it from comics and the tim burtons movie..

well this is my first reaction to this set...there are also a lot of parts i like ....like the guard up there looking down and checking on the asylum...gives it a prisony look and feel...

despite of that i still really want to buy this!!! X-D

Hmmmm what to say about this set...

The first thing i noticed about this set was what looks like the lack of prison cells for figs, from what i see there seems to only be a cell for poison ivy which if true seems a real shame as i always thought that lego would of given arkham alot more.

From what I've heard, there are three pirsion cells inside the central building.

Well, it's a little bit smaller than I expected, but that's a good thing IMO, since I don't have much space. The piece count is still very high though. What does everyone think the price will be? $70? That would be about

Ahhh well i do hope theres 3 cells, i did here rumors that there is but wasnt sure when i saw the pic.

damnit. i can't see photobucket. can someone put it on brickshelf and link it here? :-P

Way to go Alfred, oops reideen1313 I mean X-D

Tks so much for sharing this with us !! This set was so anticipated, we finally have a clo

Ok - to answer a few questions, yes, there is an interior to the buildings and cells.

As far as this set I'm really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately (for my wallet) it's going to be one of those sets that I want multiples of, so that I can modify the jail cells to work with different villains.

I think the beauty of the set is that it's modular and can be rearranged depending on your concept. If you want a long row of cells, you can arrange them that way. If you want a cell on either side of the main building, that's possible too.

The vines growing on Ivy's cell were not stickers (on the one that I saw back in December at least).

As far as actual price, I'll have to look at my notes from the summit when I get home tonight.

Here's another pic:

arkhamminifigs2.jpg

Previously these figs had only been seen from scanned copies of Toyfare. Now we've got some good pics! X-D

Thanks for the update reideen, im glad theres more cells to it. It seems that perhaps this set isnt as bad as i first thought, ill wait for a few reviews then decide i think.

Thank god for no more stickers!!!!

Indeed tks reideen1313 ;-)

I will definitly get two and Mod On !! I can't wait to create a dio out of those great sets *sweet* The only thing now is waiting for better pics and for the sets to hit the stores :-P

*yoda*

Thanks for the update reideen, im glad theres more cells to it. It seems that perhaps this set isnt as bad as i first thought, ill wait for a few reviews then decide i think.

Thank god for no more stickers!!!!

I hope it's a pre-printed piece as well. Keep in mind, the set that I saw was a pre-production set. I hope it'll be the same on the production sets, but like anything, it could change.

On that issue, do you remember reideen1313 by any chance if the "Arkham Asylum" part was printed or a sticker ??

As you say, its not what will be released for sure but represent a good indication on probabilities ;-)

*yoda*

Great find reideen! It looks ok, but not as good as i thought it'd be. I wanted it to have a more military type feel, like a real prison, the whole thing looks a bit too brown (not that brown is bad) it doesn't seem to have that 'Arkham Feel' if you know what I mean. The figs look awesome though.

Sweet! Doesn't look to be too pricey, amazing figures, and generally awesome! I'm getting this, and, thanks to my lack of knowledge of Batman at the time of writing, I ain't bothered about its castle-ness! :-D

-Tilius-

Thanks for the pic Reideen1313!!!

Arkham was alittle different from how I had expected it to look, but nonetheless a very interesting set, with loads of even more usefull pieces.

BTW here is a high res pic of Arkham.

Tks Christian for the link of the big pic ;-)

I was wrong on those black parts, they are claws and not knives ;-)

*yoda*

Thanks for the clearer pics. I like the "scarecrow statue" sticking out the side of the builing. From what I have heard, when you pull on this, the wall is unlocked, allowing Scarecrow to escape.

We can now see that the smaller cell belongs to the Riddler.

On speaknspell's flickr page you can download an even larger version. Interestingly, this version seems to have more accurate colours (the other pics had too much green in them).

For some reason it doesn't show up though (not even on Brickshelf), you can only see it once it's downloaded.

Yeay I downloaded the biggest version (1851 x 1482) and indeed its much clearer and you see the cool details way better ;-)

Good stuff until we can put our hand on it !!

*yoda*