Shine

Hero Factory 2011

Sorry I am being picky, but to criticise something is not always to demerit it. It is to discuss the merits and demerits of any subject or object. Your statement implies you were only using one half of the meaning so I thought I would point that out.

Anyway, if there are any UK duellers here, are they out here yet? I don't want to treck to Westfield if they aren't out. I checked the LEGO website but it is unreliable in my opinion.

The truth is, I can't find many good points regarding Aldy's biography, although the motives I can stand; as Aanchir pointed out, Fire Lord's was a thirst for raw power, whereas Witch Doctor held jealousy towards the Heroes and coveted their Hero Cores. Something that slightly bothers me when considering this is that it always links back to power. Of course you could say "All villains' motives link to power", well when it comes to villains' reasoning, there is 4 main categories: reward/wealth, power, belief or revenge. Von covered the latter, while Fire Lord and Witch Doctor both link to the power category, it all comes down to originality. I, like Meso, am not following Hero Factory for the story (my favourite saga so far being "Ordeal of Fire"), for every basic concept or character it tackles HAS been done before... A LOT. Yes, it is supposed to be basic, but not unoriginal. I merely find it hard to construe that LEGO would use such a simple idea for a voodoo-based individual. These are my demerits of the subject (Hero Factory). The pretty obvious merits are the sets, really. In my eyes they are as good if not better than BIONICLE's once were. I am a big collector. I am demeriting Witch Doctor's basic concepts, but meriting Hero Factory in general. The TV show, I am relatively fond of, it's not too bad.

Also, I live in the UK; the official release date is July 1st, which is when Amazon starts shipping them, I cannot perceive if they will come out at Westfield on that exact day, though.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

By the way, the HeroPad has been updated with the 3.0 version of Creep Crushers (now called "Jungle Crushers"), for those who don't know. It also has been updated with new posters/rewards, including one with more screen-shots of Savage Planet.

The building instructions portal and replacement parts portal at service.LEGO.com have been updated with the new Hero Factory sets. It's probably not all that relevant to most people since the replacement parts portal lacks images for any of the new parts, and the building instructions have already been seen at the Hero Factory website (although those will probably be removed eventually, while service.LEGO.com's instructions are permanent), but it's still news.

I'm also not sure if anyone's brought up the Hero Recon Spy Contest. Seems like a cool thing. I encourage anyone to take part; it'd be great if the winner were someone here at Eurobricks!

Why are the instructions in low quality? Nobody has unlocked the images of Savege Planet...?

Building instructions at Service.LEGO.com are almost always a pretty low quality. It's probably that way to ensure that TLG can maintain the site's building instructions database, which is fairly complete for all sets prior to 2002, with many sets even before then. I find that the oldest instructions are more likely to be high-quality-- for example, the instructions for set 6093 Flying Ninja Fortress use vector graphics for the full instruction booklet, making them high-quality no matter how far you're zoomed in. The lower quality on more recent instruction booklets is probably both to reduce the cost of hosting so many instructions and to make the download of the instructions faster for people with older or slower computers.

In general, we should probably be grateful that the instructions for the Hero Factory sets are the quality that they are. Many building instructions for larger System sets like the Modular Buildings have distorted colors-- for instance, Reddish Brown parts often appear darker than Black parts.

Some of the sets are up on Toysrus!Scorpio an With Doctor (seriously, they misspelled it with instead of witch).

Well, to update that, all the summer Hero Factory sets are now on the TRU site.

So I learned something - Scorpio's apparently $25. Is that one of those TRU markups or was that always the original price?

Well, to update that, all the summer Hero Factory sets are now on the TRU site.

So I learned something - Scorpio's apparently $25. Is that one of those TRU markups or was that always the original price?

Pretty sure hes originally $25

I spent yesterday and part of this morning digging in the online building instructions for Hero Factory sets, getting images for HS01. I figured I'd share these here, because contrary to what someone recently mentioned about the instructions being low-quality, these images all turned out very nice.

Nex 2.0 versus Drilldozer

Breez 2.0 versus Nitroblast

Furno 2.0 versus Jetbug

Stormer 2.0 and Evo 2.0 versus Fire Lord

Furno 3.0 versus Waspix

Bulk 3.0 versus Raw-Jaw

Nex 3.0 versus Fangz

Stormer 3.0 versus Scorpio

Rocka XL versus Witch Doctor

Savage Planet Promo

Let's give a hand to our friends at ADVANCE who are probably responsible for all this awesome instruction booklet art! Hope you guys enjoy!

Hey, does anyone know whether there has been any confirmation on when the summer sets release in the UK?

Hey, does anyone know whether there has been any confirmation on when the summer sets release in the UK?

They are already out in the UK....

Where?

Sorry, I also meant actually in stores.

Online at: www.amazon.co.uk

In stores: Probably LEGO stores. Ask OmicronSquadLeader, he's british and has the 3.0 sets.

Aanchir, thank you. You are a good guy! About the comic... Well, I don't have many good things to say about it. Maybe is the artwork, is like... Whatever. The story is good. Did you that combiners?

In stores: Probably LEGO stores. Ask OmicronSquadLeader, he's british and has the 3.0 sets.

Indeed I do. I bought them from Amazon.co.uk. I don't know if they're in any stores yet. Anyway, I've taken the pictures for my Scorpio review, it should be up in the next couple of days. I might review Stringer too.

Oh, thanks Jouster :classic:

Edit: just phoned Westfield Lego store and they said that the 3.0 sets won't be released till the 1st of August :sceptic:

Edited by Nike2032

Aye I'm hoping my TRU gets them soon, I'm quite wanting Witch Doctor and bulk

So uhm, like... there's a new comic. But where are the scans? And as a matter of fact, where's the second Ordeal of Fire comic?

I just made these scans of the Savage Planet comic! :grin: Each page is 600 pixels or less in width and 255 KB or less in file size.

Front

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Back

How do you like them?

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: I also have scans of the Hero Factory 3.0 promo from the magazine. Each of these images may have more pixels, but each one is still under 255 KB.

Promo Page 1

Promo Page 2

EDIT 2: I almost forgot to give the Brickshelf gallery link.

EDIT 3: I recently realized that my magazine promo scans were cut off in some places. To rectify this, I re-scanned both pages and stitched them together into a single image (1577x1023; 737 KB).

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice