Shine

Hero Factory 2011

What a lucky kid :laugh: :

We will probably be getting reviews on the 3.0 sets in no time! :classic:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No Way.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No Way.

I know, that kid is such a bragger :tongue:

The kid is from Germany, so it looks like the early release date for Germany (and Switzerland) is official.

Man I feel so bad... When I grow up I'll travel to Europe or north America and I will buy them all. Oh... I rare, so bad. Anyway, Here is the first Rocka 3.0 review. Looks like you can combine him with Stormer not with Stringer. But is the same. Nice set by the way. Oh I don't know what to say. I don't feel very good, sorry, enjoy the review. And is not so good, looks like the guy was in a hurry.

ROCKA 3.0 REVIEW

Edited by Jagersmann

Nice review,but he seems to have put the weapon on the actual connector and he should have put it on the ball joint behind that one. I will definitely buy Rocka,Bulk,and fangz, if I have the money I will buy rocka XL,and waspix.

Nice review,but he seems to have put the weapon on the actual connector and he should have put it on the ball joint behind that one.

I'm pretty sure he built it right. All the pre-release pictures seem to indicate that the claw attaches like a hand.

Set reviews.

Seems like Doc's legs aren't supposed to be straight. I guess I will be buying Rocka 3.0/XL the last. My least favorite set. Anyways, the 3.0 sets look great, and can't wait to see them in USA stores. I will defiantly buy Doc first, as I said, I'm nuts for him. :cry_happy:

just watched the review of witchdoctor, i cant believe how much bigger he is then the heroes even fire lord. i'em really excited witchdoctor seams like a really hard villain to defeat. he just feals like more of a threat. cant wait to buy them all

I knew it! I know how to build Rocka XL, by the way, he has a new arm piece. What happened with Witch Doctor's tubes? There are two extra white ones or two extra red ones? Lego has some problems with the artwork in the boxes...

I knew it! I know how to build Rocka XL, by the way, he has a new arm piece. What happened with Witch Doctor's tubes? There are two extra white ones or two extra red ones? Lego has some problems with the artwork in the boxes...

Which new piece is that? I could see that the construction of Rocka's arm was better than Fire Lord's, but I couldn't tell exactly how it was built.

I'm very pleased that there are white tubes - the boxart played with my heart by removing them, but I'm glad they're there in the final set! (Although it looks like there is only one.)

Which new piece is that? I could see that the construction of Rocka's arm was better than Fire Lord's, but I couldn't tell exactly how it was built.

I'm very pleased that there are white tubes - the boxart played with my heart by removing them, but I'm glad they're there in the final set! (Although it looks like there is only one.)

No, there are two. You can see them

Alright, looking at those reviews, I'll admit Witch Doctor's pretty cool. Still not at all a fan of his Technic-intensive build, and he has a lot of obvious flaws like his spindly, hollow body, but I love the unique posture given to him by the design of his legs (which are one of my favorite parts of the design, despite having a lot of Technic going on).

His torso bothers me most, and I much preferred Fire Lord in that regard. His arms are also kinda questionable, and I'm not sure how much posability they have.

The little comic on the back of the boxes is cool, but is probably extremely unclear in meaning to anyone who isn't already a fan of Hero Factory. I love the graphic design for this wave-- very intense! I like the Witch Doctor graphic on the villain instructions, but wish there was one for every bad guy set.

Rocka XL is cool, but suffers from similar flaws to Witch Doctor. The torso seems heavily Technic-dependent and doesn't work too well overall. The arms seem about the same as Fire Lord's, which doesn't bother me one bit. What bothers me more are the changes in the arm design. The elbow no longer has such a wide range of mobility, which would be OK on a smaller set, but since the shoulder can't bend too well the elbow needs that extra space to move around.

The legs are also OK, but not much different from Fire Lord's, although some of the new pieces work to their advantage. This is a set I don't feel I need to get, since the same character is in a smaller set and almost the exact same build is used for Fire Lord, but it's at least as well-designed as Fire Lord was and possibly more so (except the torso-- I love Fire Lord's torso build and how streamlined it is, and in comparison Rocka XL's feels a lot more pieced-together).

Kinda hard to judge some of the new pieces, but I like what I see. I look forward to getting Raw-Jaw, who IMO makes the best use of that paw piece, even though Rocka XL's use of it as a torso is also nice.

I didn't even bother watching the Scorpio review, but I liked the Waspix review. The person reviewing Waspix had a better idea what they were doing than the person reviewing Witch Doctor and Rocka XL, I think-- more showing, less talking. I generally watch video reviews with the sound off so that I can just critique the set myself instead of listening to someone else's opinions, and there was a lot more to actually watch in the Waspix review. Waspix is my second-favorite bad guy set in the upcoming wave, after Raw-Jaw.

The new joint piece in Waspix is nice, and I imagine it could be useful for making unique Hero Factory creature MOCs. I tried making a bug on LDD earlier using just the 2.0 pieces (including Drilldozer's Av-Matoran-esque connector with two ball joints) and didn't have much success. With this piece you could just snap two or three of them on a Technic beam, add some larger parts to fill out the body, and you're on a roll!

Can't wait for some picture reviews to start showing up here on Eurobricks!

YES! :cry_happy:

My aunt just came back from Germany and gave me Doc and Rocka XL. She somehow knew I was crazy for Doc. :laugh: However, I wanted Bulk 3.0 too :cry_sad: Ah well, I guess I'll just buy it with my allowance. :tongue:

Edited by TheRedGuy

Nice! :classic:

Would you mind taking some pictures or doing a review? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Raw-Jaw review.

Nice review, but I wish the reviewer would show more of how its head was built.

Anyway, glad to see armour plating on Raw-Jaw's bottom, plus it seems that the Hordika head piece is meant to serve as the bottom or Raw-Jaw's jaw. It looks like Raw-Jaw has more of a proper jaw right now, something which previous pictures didn't manage to show. Very nice, looking forward to get this figure.

Raw-Jaw review.

Nice review, but I wish the reviewer would show more of how its head was built.

Anyway, glad to see armour plating on Raw-Jaw's bottom, plus it seems that the Hordika head piece is meant to serve as the bottom or Raw-Jaw's jaw. It looks like Raw-Jaw has more of a proper jaw right now, something which previous pictures didn't manage to show. Very nice, looking forward to get this figure.

Yup, definitely still my favorite bad guy set for the summer. I'm glad to see his torso is very well armored-- I had seen in pictures that the torso armor piece on his back is raised up above the actual torso and was worried about how well that would work, but with the armor on his abdomen his body is pretty well sealed-up.

His head seems to be based on one of these, with the neck joint attached to the back, the lower jaw attached to the front, and the printed shell and head piece attached to the top. Very clever, and the best use of the shell-as-head-piece build by far.

He's a lot smaller than I anticipated, but that's still OK because he uses a number of large parts, so he should still be worth the villain set price tag. I

Now I don't normally visit this area, but I heard some new that might shock you all.

I had a chat to a retailer only an hour or so ago.....he said Hero Factory is to be discontinued but he didn't say when though ! *oh2*

I will check with a few of my other retailer sources.....no names of course :wink:, to get further details for you all.

Brick On ! :classic:

Now I don't normally visit this area, but I heard some new that might shock you all.

I had a chat to a retailer only an hour or so ago.....he said Hero Factory is to be discontinued(->I AM FULL OF SAD *BLARGHHH*) but he didn't say when though ! *oh2*

I will check with a few of my other retailer sources.....no names of course :wink:, to get further details for you all.

Brick On ! :classic:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Are you serious? It's unlikely there will be another action figure theme, and if this ends, NO MORE FIGURES. :cry_sad: But if wasn't a LEGO store, then he might mean just for that certain market. :sceptic:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And about doing a review, I don't think I have the time to do it. I didn't even get to open Rocka XL(At least,now)So I'll just wait for summer vacation but it's highly likely that someone else would do a review before me. So umm... Yeah. Sorry. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by TheRedGuy