Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Two

Ah. Now there's a real weapon. That's the kind of thing we need to blow out those commie's brains. If it works on Germans, it's gotta work on Russians.

After checking to see that the 4 other guys are behind me, I would like to climb up the ladder.

Ralph is alone traveling up the ladder, as everyone is outside of the lighthouse. He reaches the top, and carefully opens the rooftop access. There's nothing up here except for the light.

I wonder what is in here?

I want to climb out of the water

and I want to inspect the items in the briefcase

Gloria climbs up the rocks, and opens the suitcase. There's a few papers, a pistol with a silencer on it, and ammo for the rifle.

Somebody grab the Hat already!

Geez, its like no one is listening to me... My buddy Earl got sick of me one day and tried to ignore me. All day long he pretended I wasn't there. Finally I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him screaming "Listen to me!" He whacked me on the head with a crowbar. I needed six stitches after that.... God, I miss him. Damn those bananas and the poisonous spiders that live in 'em!

I will attempt to cry on the lifeguard's shoulder :wink:

I would like to search for suspicious items hidden inside the light, while shielding my eyes from the brightness with my hand.

I would like to use the oar and paddle over to the note (carefully), take it, and read it aloud.

I would like to give the knife, rifle, and ammo for the rifle to Chief Phelps.

Hmm... a suppressed pistol, looks like an assassination attempt.

Oh, nevermind. :blush:

I'd like Stevie to read the note and the papers in the briefcase. If he has them still.

I would like to use the oar and paddle over to the note (carefully), take it, and read it aloud.

I would like to smack Fields, take back the letter, and read it.

Hmm... a suppressed pistol, looks like an assassination attempt.

Thank you, officer Harrison. Unless anyone has any objections, I believe it's best to have these items safe in the hands of the police.

I'd like to receive the knife, ammo, and rifle from Officer Harrison.

Somebody grab the Hat already!

Geez, its like no one is listening to me... My buddy Earl got sick of me one day and tried to ignore me. All day long he pretended I wasn't there. Finally I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him screaming "Listen to me!" He whacked me on the head with a crowbar. I needed six stitches after that.... God, I miss him. Damn those bananas and the poisonous spiders that live in 'em!

I will attempt to cry on the lifeguard's shoulder :wink:

The lifeguard is deeply moved by James' feelings, and tells him to meet her at eight tonight.

I would like to search for suspicious items hidden inside the light, while shielding my eyes from the brightness with my hand.

Ralph looks inside the light, but finds nothing, once again.

Well that backfired.

I would like to ask the lifeguard for a towel, then open and read the letter

The lifeguard hands him a towel, and Stevie then opens the letter. It says simply:

"Land at Dawn, Move Quickly. Inform VIPs of Situation. Then prep-"

The rest of the letter is ripped.

Officer Harrison hands the items over to Chief Phelps.

I'd like Stevie to read the note and the papers in the briefcase. If he has them still.

Stevie has already read the note.

I would like to read the papers and inspect the pistol using my knowledge of weaponry.

Gloria reads the papers, but they're just copies of the map. Gloria looks at the pistol, using the knowledge of what her father taught her to combat burglars. It again, is used by the U.S. Army.

I'd like to receive the knife, ammo, and rifle from Officer Harrison.

Chief Phelps holds all of the items.

How dare they kill my fellow soldiers. They will pay!

I don't think there's much left to do here. I think we should move on to the circled locations. What does everyone else say?

I tell the lifeguard that I'll be there

Or there's something or someone else at work here. Can the Senator or Investigator tell us anything more about who they might be?

I shall grab that hat and see if there's a name on it!

I want to dive back in, grab the hat, and clamber back on shore

How dare they kill my fellow soldiers. They will pay!

I don't think there's much left to do here. I think we should move on to the circled locations. What does everyone else say?

As you've already visited the lighthouse, that leaves three places.

The Jefferson Household

The Farm

The Town Hall

Everyone must pick one location.

I tell the lifeguard that I'll be there

Or there's something or someone else at work here. Can the Senator or Investigator tell us anything more about who they might be?

The lifeguard rushes off to get dressed.

"I'm afraid I don't know anything." Investigator Liebenston said.

The Congressman just looked off, knowingly.

I shall grab that hat and see if there's a name on it!

I want to dive back in, grab the hat, and clamber back on shore

Gloria retrieves the hat for James.

Well doesn't anyone else think that the Mayor and Congressman's stories are total megablocks? Uh, uhum, if you don't mind me saying, of course, sir, mister Mayor. It's just a bit odd that you two disappear and suddenly meet us back here without a scratch. I think if there's nothing of interest in that lighthouse, we should check back at the department store. That commie who supposedly took the Mayor and Congressman isn't very sneaky, making all that noise.

Oh, and uh, better hand me that pistol there, too. That's evidence, and therefore belongs with the police. If it makes anyone feel safer, I'll give the ammo to Officer Harrison.

I'd like to give the ammunition found in the suitcase to Officer Harrison.

I'd also like to grab anything remaining in the water.

I'm thinking Town Hall. They might be trying to get something, and if the Congressman and the Mayor didn't have them, they may have gone there to look.

Well doesn't anyone else think that the Mayor and Congressman's stories are total megablocks? Uh, uhum, if you don't mind me saying, of course, sir, mister Mayor. It's just a bit odd that you two disappear and suddenly meet us back here without a scratch. I think if there's nothing of interest in that lighthouse, we should check back at the department store. That commie who supposedly took the Mayor and Congressman isn't very sneaky, making all that noise.

Oh, and uh, better hand me that pistol there, too. That's evidence, and therefore belongs with the police. If it makes anyone feel safer, I'll give the ammo to Officer Harrison.

I'd like to give the ammunition found in the suitcase to Officer Harrison.

I'd also like to grab anything remaining in the water.

Nothing else but pieces of wood remain in the water. Phelps gives Harrison ammunition from the suitcase.

"I'll have you know," the Congressman starts. "That what I was told was classified by the U.S. Gover-" he stops himself quickly, controlling his anger.

I say we go to the Town Hall as well, and I would like to inspect the hat

It's a brown fedora, from a classy Manhattan store. There's nothing else important or revealing about it.