mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

I believe he means 10c is better return for your money than what you should expect to get on average. :wink:

Exactly.

Here is a breakdown of the cost per piece for this years sets.

6918 Blacksmiths Attack $9.99

104 pieces

9.6 cents per piece

7187 Escape from Dragon Prison $19.99

185 pieces

10.8 cents per piece

7188 King's Carriage Ambush $39.99

286 pieces

14 cents per piece

7189 Village Mill Raid $69.99

663 pieces

10.6 cents per piece

In reality only the King's carriage ambush seems to be lacking in the value department. Considering the carriage set seems to have gotten the least warm reception, I predict it will not be a great seller. (Just call me Nostradamus) It is too bad... I really like the design of the carriage and the King. But how many King figs can a guy use?

The rest of the sets seem to be quite a good value. I will be buying many multiples of all of the sets but likely only a pair of the carriage sets.

I hate to quote myself but I thought this was a post worth repeating since it seems pertinent to the current conversation. I would agree that the carriage really is lacking in value. The rest however I find a decent value. Especially valuable with all of the minifigs and animals in the sets.

I don't think any of these sets are overprice-So many new molds! roosters, goats, chickens, all kinds of weapons, and so much more. These sets are of great value, some of my favorites. I'll have to buy some.

BTW I just got a laugh reading the first page :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by DobbyClone

I know the new molds are expensive, but TLG is really pushing it. The two larger sets are overpriced by about $10 each.

Well at least the two sets I will be buying have the best price to part ratio, but new molds cost money to make and if they are only being used in a handful of sets then costs will be higher.

So the dearest and cheapest are on my list.....Brick On ! :grin:

The only set I feel is a tad overpriced is the Mill set. A shame too, I was really looking forward to getting it at a reasonable price. :hmpf_bad:

But nonetheless, I'll buy it anyways. :laugh:

The only set I feel is a tad overpriced is the Mill set. A shame too, I was really looking forward to getting it at a reasonable price. :hmpf_bad:

But nonetheless, I'll buy it anyways. :laugh:

Not nearly as overpriced as the King's Carriage Ambush.

Not nearly as overpriced as the King's Carriage Ambush.

Oh wow, I didn't even see the price of the King's Carriage Ambush. It didn't interest me much, but yeah. I wholly agree with this statement.

Overpriced or not, my strategy for buying sets is and always has been buying the affordable smaller sets and only the most useful large ones, and then going to bricklink to fuel up on the nicer parts from overpriced sets. sure it's expensive but if the only reason you're getting the mill is for a few new peasants, animals and brown bricks you might as well pay just for those. :thumbup:

I hate to quote myself but I thought this was a post worth repeating since it seems pertinent to the current conversation. I would agree that the carriage really is lacking in value. The rest however I find a decent value. Especially valuable with all of the minifigs and animals in the sets.

Well, here it is definitively not out of place. I always felt there should be a correction in that ratio to account for the number of larger animals (such as horses, goats or cows) and minifigs. The reason is quite simple: just dividing the price by the pieces assumes that all pieces are equal, while obviously they are not. If you take the minifigs (3 of which are exclusive) and the animals into account, the MVR is actually not expensive at all.

Well, here it is definitively not out of place. I always felt there should be a correction in that ratio to account for the number of larger animals (such as horses, goats or cows) and minifigs. The reason is quite simple: just dividing the price by the pieces assumes that all pieces are equal, while obviously they are not. If you take the minifigs (3 of which are exclusive) and the animals into account, the MVR is actually not expensive at all.

Thanks for the support KristofBD. You captured my feelings exactly. Even though the mill set is not the cheapest set as a price per piece is concerned. I find it to be the most valuable set of them all. The number of new and exclusive parts in this set is amazing! Even some of the bricks are new and in different colors. The animals, peasants, and highly sought after dragon knights just put it over the top. I feel the set is appropriately priced. The carriage however could have come in at about $30 to be a good value.

What is in the left-hand window here? Is that just a trans-red gemstone? I should find that flickr feed of the convention photos to see if someone got a shot of the back side of this set...

b_7187_box_side.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grogall/Lego-Kingdoms/7187/c_7187_detail_1_hr.jpg

Ah found it. Yeah, it's just a gemstone sitting in a jumper plate:

LEGO Toy Fair - Kingdoms - 7187 Escape From Dragon's Prison - 12

Edited by I Scream Clone
HUGE picture changed to link

I find the horse barding a little strange. Don't get me wrong, the printing is great, but as to why they left a whole patch of it unprinted in the middle, I can't think of a reason.

Other than that little detail it's a great looking set. I like the variety of faction armor lately! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hmm.. That Blacksmith Attack set looks interesting... I have 60+ to sink into my airsoft gun, and then I'm gonna look forwards to this line!

Yes, the thing behind the window is just a trans-red gemstone. I remember seeing it in ftbt's (at least i think it was him) photos from the toy fair.

I find the horse barding a little strange. Don't get me wrong, the printing is great, but as to why they left a whole patch of it unprinted in the middle, I can't think of a reason.

Other than that little detail it's a great looking set. I like the variety of faction armor lately! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree with you on that one. I also find it quite strange. The printed part is spot on: this is what I expect from the dragon facton, but it is odd that one part is not printed. On the other hand, the horse barding of the lion in the prison tower set is quite similar, with the exception that there is a white (or in my case pink) square. It actually looks good that way, so I wonder why they did not do the same for the dragon barding. Nevertheless: great set.

Just trying to guess the UK prices for these. Based on the current prices of the 2010 Kingdoms sets, I assume that the Blacksmiths Attack will be £10.49 and Escape from Dragons Prison will be £20.99. A bit steep, it must be said. If the principle applies to the other sets, then £40+ for King's Carriage Ambush and £70+ for the Village Mill Raid = seriously overpriced. However, there doesn't seem to be a standard correlation between US and UK prices for LEGO sets. The Ninjago fortress for instance has an RRP of $69.99 / £49.99, but also has fewer pieces than the mill. £49.99 would be a reasonable price for the mill, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just trying to guess the UK prices for these. Based on the current prices of the 2010 Kingdoms sets, I assume that the Blacksmiths Attack will be £10.49 and Escape from Dragons Prison will be £20.99. A bit steep, it must be said. If the principle applies to the other sets, then £40+ for King's Carriage Ambush and £70+ for the Village Mill Raid = seriously overpriced. However, there doesn't seem to be a standard correlation between US and UK prices for LEGO sets. The Ninjago fortress for instance has an RRP of $69.99 / £49.99, but also has fewer pieces than the mill. £49.99 would be a reasonable price for the mill, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hi, sincerely I don't know how LEGO decides prices.

For me they are incorrect with current exchange ratio. Blacksmith attack costs 9,99$, it would be 7.089€, why should I pay almost 3€ more? But this applies to all LEGO products...

Added lots of new pics of the 2011 Kingdom sets to my BS gallery…

Sadly they are not the HR kind yet! :pir-sad:

Box art links to gallery!

6918 Blacksmiths Attack

a_6918_box_front.jpg

7187 Escape from Dragons Prison

a_7187_box_front.jpg

7188 Kings Carriage Ambush

a_7188_box_front.jpg

7189 Mill Village Raid

b_7189_box_side.jpg

So enjoy for now! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Oh and Zeya please don't link HR images from my BS gallery, the are too large!

is this a better picture for your purposes?

f_7187_detail_4.jpg

Edited by grogall

Thanks Grogall! The pictures we now have are very detailed, so I guess the next step is the sets themselves. I hope they will be available a bit earlier than the Summer, as the sets simply look great!

'grogall' you never seem to let us down eh ? Thank you for the latest box arts.

The blacksmith set is still AWESOME and that mill set....what's not to love about it eh ? :wub:

The other two sets, I'm not sure about......my two favorites are on the shopping list ! :grin:

Keep on....watching Time Team ! :wink:

Sorry about linking the large images. And thanks for the box art.

I love the look of the new sets. With these and the new ninja sets, I feel that it is a good time to start collecting, AGAIN :)

Thanks for the pictures, Grogall! I wish we could get a proper view of the Mill Village Raid, though.

The sets look great. I just noticed that the King's Carriage has a door, which makes it much more realistic than the last version. The Blacksmith Attack looks like a great little parts pack, seeing as it has a bucket, weapons, a chicken and a golden rock. The Dragon Knight Prison looks great, as it focuses more on the Dragon Knights. I hope that next year we get a proper castle, though.