Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

Oh dear god.

You know, I had some hope for this line at first... But the name of the line and the names of the sets aren't even headdesk-worthy.

This is the most moronic decision LEGO has ever made. Killing a cash cow to bring in a crappy new line.

Whoever the people were who made this decision should be fired.

I really hope these sell horribly, so they'll realize "Oh wait! BIONICLE is what sells well!"

Is it just me, or does the white one look like it was dragged out of a Halo game?

I'd like to believe this is a major practical joke, and these names are all phony. :/

First of.

STOP CRITICING AND JUDGING.

We didn't ever get good pictures of them. The way the names of them sounds doesn't mean anything. they could have shitty names and a epic story.

Stop looking this new line as it's Bionicle and as we're getting the worst Bionicle sets and story ever made.

This is a new line and it have to be respected.

Maybe it will begin like Bionicle. planned to take just 1 or 3 years and then stop selling. but them. As the sales become more impressive that they expected they still making sets and story.

And maybe when this line ends. We will be in the same position we are now with the Bionicle ending.

Just..let's be in...silence...just wait..until we get the real whole thing

First of.

We didn't ever get good pictures of them. The way the names of them sounds doesn't mean anything. they could have shitty names and a epic story.

Stop looking this new line as it's Bionicle and as we're getting the worst Bionicle sets and story ever made.

Maybe it will begin like Bionicle. planned to take just 1 or 3 years and then stop selling. but them. As the sales become more impressive that they expected they still making sets and story.

And maybe when this line ends. We will be in the same position we are now with the Bionicle ending.

I agree.

While i am not extremely pleased that Bionicle is ending, the new theme's name and it's characters names, this has an equal chance

of being horrible and excellent.

1. If this fails, Bionicle can still be brought back.

2. We have had it for about a decade now (one of the longest going themes.)

3. Bionicle will still have a storyline up to 2011 that we can enjoy (even as its not much profit for TLC.)

4. This is aimed more at an 7-8 year old and new customers (Bionicle is harder to gain new fans as

if you did not start it from around the beginning , its really hard to understand what is going on. I mean,

take for example, at the start of The Legend Reborn, it practically tells you nothing about whats been going on.

A new fan buys TLR and watches it. The first thing that he will probably seem is teridax in mata nui's robot and think

"who and what is that giant robot?."

5. Many people have been complaining that Bionicle is now very repetitive with designs.

6. I am guessing its not as successful as when it started.

7. Many of us started Bionicle when we were younger and we (the dedicated fans)

are part of the reason its been so successful. So this line has to been aimed at

new younger customers, rather than us as firstly, some of us will start to stop buying

Bionicles as we grow up, and this new theme will also need its long term fans.

8. Bionicle did not have a interesting story at the start. Surprising, thinking back on it,

but it goes like this:

Villagers enslaved by one evil ruler, six heroes come to save the day, find golden masks

and succeed.

Bionicle now:

Universe is actually a robot, mysterious great beings, Bota magna has not been explored,

glatorian has been introduced, two giant robots fighting for the fate of the world, golden armor,

over 100 characters and the list goes on.

Showing us that this new theme could start off boring, but could change to something more interesting.

I'm just saying like ultimate antrozek said, criticize as much as you want, but after

you have seen clear pictures and reviews of the sets, and gone in at least a quarter of 2010 so

we have an idea of what the story is.

Edited by Nike2032

When I was about 7 or so, if these came out then, I still would have thought the names of these were stupid.

Edited by Chef Hatchet

First of.

Except that the 'story' is looking to be a family-friendly comedy adventure with children that combines live action and CGI.

Still I've thought up new names and a cool story for them already. The sets look great! Recolours everywhere!

1. If this fails, Bionicle can still be brought back.

That's where you're wrong. Greg said multiple times when people brought up "When this fails, BIONICLE can be brought back!", that "If this fails, BIONICLE won't come back. The failure of the new line will only show that there's no market for buildable action figures."

Paraphrased, of course.

I've gotta say, even though the story looks to be shitty, those sets are freakin' awesome. Too bad the rest isn't as good. :(

. . . Wait a minute! I've got it! Remember that old topic where the fans created their own story for 2010? What if we all came together and created our own story as a continuation of BIONICLE for these awesome-looking sets? Anyone up for that idea?

Funky. These resemble an old megabloks ripoff line, which was a combination of Transformers and Bionicle. (circa 2001). They were an interesting concept, but never caught on.

I'll be looking to see where TLG goes with this.....thanks for the pics.

These resemble an old megabloks ripoff line, which was a combination of Transformers and Bionicle.

Yeah, because they are Megabloks.

I had one of the older ones. Here's his head.

Edited by Bfahome

Ah, yes indeed. I now also notice those wheels in the first picture. :hmpf: I thought it looked like Megabloks, but I was afraid to tell it at first.

Edited by Matn

These are an old Megabloks line. There's a troll going around telling other people that this is BIONICLE's replacement, so maybe you got tricked by him. The real replacement is, as Matn said, LEGO HerO Factory, which has it's own topic here.

That's where you're wrong. Greg said multiple times when people brought up "When this fails, BIONICLE can be brought back!", that "If this fails, BIONICLE won't come back. The failure of the new line will only show that there's no market for buildable action figures."

Paraphrased, of course.

Fair enough, but as I said before, we have had Bionicle for a long time now.

Edited by Nike2032

I've gotta say, even though the story looks to be shitty, those sets are freakin' awesome. Too bad the rest isn't as good. :(

. . . Wait a minute! I've got it! Remember that old topic where the fans created their own story for 2010? What if we all came together and created our own story as a continuation of BIONICLE for these awesome-looking sets? Anyone up for that idea?

As I stated eariler, I started my own story, it's pretty lame but If we work together we can make it work! :thumbup::cry_happy:

Fair enough, but as I said before, we have had Bionicle for a long time now.

If the kiddies cry "We wan't Bionicle back" As I've heard my brother cry out, we might get it back. Might. :sceptic:

Wait, XPlode does have a Nektann face! That means these sets still use Iron Man heads!!! Yesssss!!!! :D

I was worried that they didn't use any previous BIONICLE heads, and instead made up shitty human-looking ones of their own. But hopefully the Nektann face proves that they didn't.

(It's also an awesome piece in and of itself. Can't wait to see if anyone uses it to make a Hakann Star . . .)

Okay guys, stop judging so quicky. Wow we got a few okay pics, and now you say this whole line will fail. :hmpf: Seriously guys?

This line won't fail. What do kids want? Action figures! What do kids like? Lego! Oh look, why don't we combine them, except unlike Bionicle, there won't be ridiculously confusing names.

About the Thornax, it isn't. Come on guys, really?

...Huh? Bionicle crap is getting replaced by some pretty much the same theme...?

Nothing interesting here, move along... :sadnew:

...Huh? Bionicle crap is getting replaced by some pretty much the same theme...?

Nothing interesting here, move along... :sadnew:

What did you expect, castles? :tongue:

Could be the same thing LEGO did last year where they had an old launcher as a placeholder. :tongue:

I doesn't really matter to me. If it fires well, and has an interesting design I'm sold.

Just don't ask me about those f**king squids...

EDIT:

What did you expect, castles? :tongue:

Uh, yes?

DemigodArticleImage.png

Edited by Darth Bionics