Sign in to follow this  
Ogre

Historical theme wishlist

Lastly, I would really be amazed and pleasantly surprised if Lego released a theme like Kingdoms but several hundred years in the future, (either colonial or Napoleonic time) They could call it "Empires" and have a whole bunch of generic nations and men in uniform in a late 18th century getup, with muskets. Knowing Lego like I do, it probably won't happen, but one can dream! :wink:

I would love to see this too! I think it would be awesome to build up a French army and British army to put up against each other. Lego would make a lot of money too because it would be an army builder and people would buy a lot of duplicate sets.(hint hint to TLC)

I think there are high hopes for the return of a western theme; just look at the collectible minifigs!

Having said that I really hope Lego continues the Kingdoms theme with more new sets and new factions; it was the first theme that compelled me to actually build an army, and I would hate to see it discontinued after just one year; I guess no new sets planed for 2011 so far... :tongue:

Lastly, I would really be amazed and pleasantly surprised if Lego released a theme like Kingdoms but several hundred years in the future, (either colonial or Napoleonic time) They could call it "Empires" and have a whole bunch of generic nations and men in uniform in a late 18th century getup, with muskets. Knowing Lego like I do, it probably won't happen, but one can dream! :wink:

I agree with all of this. A new western theme would be good. I bought most of the original sets, but to see some new good ones would be nice.

I am loving the new Kingdoms sets though so I'd hate to build up a new army after starting to build up those armies.

But some new "Empire" sets would be really neat.

While I would like to see an 18th century styled line, I wonder if there would be any issue with Lego's target consumer. Kids get Knights and horses and swords. They get spacemen and aliens. They understand police and firemen. They understand Star Wars. But would the normal 6-10 year old know what an 18th century hero be? Would they really get the lace and musket eras?

Now I am not saying they would not, just wondering how do you package it to reach a seven year old the way, say, Kingdoms has.

I would love to see an ancient greek theme, they have already made the column pieces, so it is not too much of a stretch to think it could happen. Other than that, please, please please bring back the wild west, there are so many sets worth making, from a mine to a stagecoach to a ranch with the new cows.