MIDAS

A Haven for Geordie LEGO fans!

Hi! I'm from Newcastle and I was wondering if there were any other 'Geordie' LEGO fans, AFOL, TFOL or young'ns. Personally I think Newcastle is non-ideal when it comes to LEGO - there isn't an official LEGO shop within 300 miles, and many of the shops stock only selective sets. So, I'm not sure if this will be a successful topic since Newcastle is a small part of the world, but hey, it's worth a try!

there isn't an official LEGO shop within 300 miles,

It's not that bad, you have the shop within the Lego discovery centre in Manchester, only 150 miles :-)

Hi! I'm from Newcastle and I was wondering if there were any other 'Geordie' LEGO fans, AFOL, TFOL or young'ns. Personally I think Newcastle is non-ideal when it comes to LEGO - there isn't an official LEGO shop within 300 miles, and many of the shops stock only selective sets. So, I'm not sure if this will be a successful topic since Newcastle is a small part of the world, but hey, it's worth a try!

WEEEE another Geordie !

I Have to agree the Newcastle area has a very poor choice when it comes to Lego. I'm not sure how old you are but fenwicks used to be the best place around but unfortunately the range they offer has seriously dwindles over the past decade. Have you been to robs in Hexham?. Its a large department store that has undergone a change of management and refurbishment. It has a toy department that can rival what fenwicks used to have and apparently it has its own Lego section. I haven’t had a chance to go and check it out yet.

I had put some serious thought in to looking in to opening either a franchise or dedicated Lego store in one of the smaller towns near Newcastle due to the pure lack of interest other north east retailers seemed to show but my emails and letters to the Lego group were just ignored. Pretty sad really.

Hi, im also an AFOL from tyneside. Perhaps one day the mcentre will get a shop, but I don't think it'll be for a while :hmpf_bad:

Geordie Laforge from Star Trek?

GeordiLaForge.jpg4187465391_a74e540ee5.jpg

Ha, I'm just kidding. I realized after reading the post that this must be a nickname for a city or region.

Hi there, I'm not a geordie, but I am a TFOL :) ... I live in wakefield, west yorkshire. I'm not near any Official lego stores either.

I really hope LEGO build a store in Leeds, that would be great then :)

I'm always having to buy from Bricklink. However dont get me wrong, Brickink is fantastic for things! I love it, however I just wish I could buy directly from a Lego store :)

Hi there, I'm not a geordie, but I am a TFOL :) ... I live in wakefield, west yorkshire. I'm not near any Official lego stores either.

I really hope LEGO build a store in Leeds, that would be great then :)

I'm always having to buy from Bricklink. However dont get me wrong, Brickink is fantastic for things! I love it, however I just wish I could buy directly from a Lego store :)

Yeah im suprised there isnt one there already, ive only ever PAB online and never in-store, I dont even know if they charge for weight or by piece!

Dragging up a bit of an old thread here... but wondered if there are any AFOL meet up groups or anything in the Newcastle area? Have recently developed a Lego addiction and just got back from the Lego Show and hoping there might be other fans up here who'd be up for chatting and swapping etc? :sweet: