Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

MLCad tutorial

I just noticed Brothers Brick had blogged a nice tutorial to MLCad by Willy Shlager here

If you ever wanted to learn MLCad/Ldraw, this seems like a great chance.

I love using MLCAD but i wish it was more like LDD or maybe i wish LDD was more like MLCAD shame we cant have both in one really great program .

I love using MLCAD but i wish it was more like LDD or maybe i wish LDD was more like MLCAD shame we cant have both in one really great program .

If you want a similar program to LDD you can try SR 3D Builder, which features a 3D building environment, automated connections, animations and it's fully compatible with MLCAD. I use this program and it's a lot better and faster than MLCAD and it certainly is worth giving it a try.

If you want a similar program to LDD you can try SR 3D Builder, which features a 3D building environment, automated connections, animations and it's fully compatible with MLCAD. I use this program and it's a lot better and faster than MLCAD and it certainly is worth giving it a try.

There is actually a topic here on the forum about Sergios program allready, but thanks for posting.

Seems like a handy tutorial for a Newbie to digital building like me!

Although I have experimented a bit with the earlier versions of LDD some time ago, I don't know how much will be similar to MLCad though, probably not at all.

Wish me luck! :grin:

That is a very nice tutorial, but it seems that MLCAD is too complicated for me. Hopefully LDD will have an update where we can get as many parts as this has, with illegal connections and such allowed. Maybe instead of making it default, they could give us a special code that us super Lego savvy people can use in the preferences file, like the LU mode activation code.