Anio

[MOC] Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer

I am curious if anyone tried to find an alternative from the 2x2 magnet holders that cost $10-$20/each for this MOC? I have bought those before for Anio's Venator and they are the most expensive part. Is there a work around for this? If so what parts would it use?

On my SSD (post to follow next week) I used some technic and 'Bionicle' parts to hold the lower deck in place in the aft sections, and . . . well, you'll see how I did the upper deck and front lower deck area. :classic:

Underside view showing my fixxing method for upper deck and front lower deck.

17759334609_fe3c968962_c.jpgIMG_2772 by neil cook, on Flickr

Internal view of how I used Bionicle parts to hold (and adjust) the lower deck in place.

17945615965_1e6b0754a9_c.jpgIMG_2702 by neil cook, on Flickr

17759359059_7d36d9b938_c.jpgIMG_2703 by neil cook, on Flickr

17323032674_d5128b1dd6_c.jpgIMG_2704 by neil cook, on Flickr

This worked well enough that I could pick up the assembled ship and give it a reasonable shake and no decks fell off. (Admittedly I only did it once or twice and dared not do it again. :wink: )

BTW . . . my SSD was over 7 feet long. :sweet::grin:

Towball-pins in combination with technic links work very well too:

img_4811.jpg

Edited by Therion

The Technic elements with ball are indeed a possibility.

However, U joint and liftarms attached to the wings rather than the structure, no thanks.

Sorry to bump an old post! New user here.

Anio, I am really interested in purchasing a copy of the instructions for this amazing MOC. Are they are still available for sale?

Thank you!

Are they are still available for sale?

Yes.

Email me at setechnic[at]gmail[dot]com

Today i finished my Super Star Destroyer, i must say it's a beauty! The grrebles of the upper city are insane, i like it a lot. The overal design is very nice. So thank you Anio for the instructions. Some pics:

ri5f07.jpg

Close up from the upper city:

1zez9ly.jpg

2s78kxt.jpg

Question. I am building this finally. Did you have any issues with the magnets holding the bottom hulls? It is not holding the weight what currently? I don't see anything not connecting. Let me know.

EDIT. Never mind I hadn't put the blue band on and that made a difference. Seems good now.

Edited by Bbafett

Finished Anio's SSD. Here is an album with pictures. Also alongside is his Venator build. Awesome ship builds and look great on our entertainment center. I would totally recommend people building these. Venator is my favorite, but Anio's SSD is so much better than the Lego SSD as I dismantled that to use what I could to build his SSD.

https://imageshack.com/a/ColJ/1

Edited by Bbafett

Finished Anio's SSD. Here is an album with pictures. Also alongside his Venator build. Awesome ship builds and look great on our entertainment center. I would totally recommend people building these. Venator is my favorite, but Anio's SSD is so much better than the Lego SSD as I dismanteld that used what I could to build his SSD.

https://imageshack.com/a/ColJ/1

Those look amazing together! I agree the Venator is the best ship in the galaxy. Wish I had the time and money to build those ships. I am working on a ISD scale Venator MOC though similar to Primus's, but my design :) .

Thank you for the pictures.

It is much appreciated. :)

The pictures are great! I don't think I could ever build this but I feel I can live the experience of building this beast through the pics. Very nice!