Could u maybe show us what u changed?

Exactly! Do you have some pic for reference? This issue is really limiting the product itself!

@davidmull; yes, it will be a European plug if you ordered it from Wasserman.

and yes, the 8878 is indeed worth it; I already have 4 now, all came from this shop :thumbup:

OT, but how much was shipping from that shop?

Edited by S.I

OT, but how much was shipping from that shop?

I ordered 8878 + charger + PF lights and 20cm extension lead. Shipping was €6 I think.

Don't have pictures, sorry.. recycled the model months ago!

These changes aren't hard to figure out for yourself though. Part of the challenge ;-)

This issue is really limiting the product itself!

No model is perfect :)

Edited by jantjeuh

The clicking with the arm it fully down might be the internal clutches in the la,s as ur using an xl motor now.

The clicking on the bucket seems to be the cv join hitting something.

Maybe jurgen can help but he's gone missing on here lately :)

The noise you hear with the boom fully fown is definately the sound of the internal Clutch of the LA's When you hear this sound, it means you can't go any lower. The Boom of the 8043 doesn't go down so low, that's one of the reasons I designed the Zorex-220 PF-excavator.

The reason why the bucket sometimes jams propably has to to with the friction of the LA. I've found that when the LA is fully in or out, you need more power to "break it loose". have you tried exchanging the Bucket-LA with another LA ?

I don't think the LA has something to do with it, I think the U-joint between the boom and dipper is making an excessive angle.

Just finished this and it's a wonderful model,works great apart from what Jantjeuh just said about the dipper, anyone have a fix?

By the way 8878 was a great buy too.

Edited by davidmull

Will they turn at over 90 degrees tho?

em no....try flipping the universal joint 45 degrees.

Did my boom mod work ok for you?

em no....try flipping the universal joint 45 degrees.

Did my boom mod work ok for you?

For the claw? I didn't try it yet but the boom on ultimate 8043 is not the same as standard boom, ill try modify the joints for the dipper but it works great in general. I also notice motor struggles slightly while slewing? Maybe a bit of oil on the worm gear might help :)

How do u mean flipping uni joint at 45 degrees??

Great model tho , works just like the real thing, have u built it alasdair ?

Edited by davidmull

For the claw? I didn't try it yet but the boom on ultimate 8043 is not the same as standard boom, ill try modify the joints for the dipper but it works great in general. I also notice motor struggles slightly while slewing? Maybe a bit of oil on the worm gear might help :)

How do u mean flipping uni joint at 45 degrees??

Great model tho , works just like the real thing, have u built it alasdair ?

That is not going to work ether, what would work is if you use the same connection as the 80006.

I have not built it but i did modify the standers 8043,you can see pic's and videos of that on my blog.

That is not going to work ether, what would work is if you use the same connection as the 80006.

I have not built it but i did modify the standers 8043,you can see pic's and videos of that on my blog.

U should build it its great :) I might try move to la or beam a stud too see will it sort the dipper angle

I don't think the LA has something to do with it, I think the U-joint between the boom and dipper is making an excessive angle.

I saw in the video that the LA was stuggling to move the bucket when the dipper was half way. The u-joint wasn;t making an exessive ange at that point.

When the Dipper is fully in, the u-joint makes an angle which is too big, but that's something else.

You basically have 2 choices: have limited range of motion of the dipper or make a concession in bucket motion.

The best would be not to have a u-joint there at all...

I saw in the video that the LA was stuggling to move the bucket when the dipper was half way. The u-joint wasn;t making an exessive ange at that point.

When the Dipper is fully in, the u-joint makes an angle which is too big, but that's something else.

You basically have 2 choices: have limited range of motion of the dipper or make a concession in bucket motion.

The best would be not to have a u-joint there at all...

I think it's when the dipper is fully in it jumps, but if u move it out even slightly out it works fine, there's no solution Jurgen for that big angle is there?

I have to say I'm very impressed tho, it's a huge improvement on the original 8043 :) I don't know how u think of ur ideas!

Jurgen have u still got ur ultimate 8043 built?

Edited by davidmull

Indeed, when the dipper is fully in, the U-joint won't work so well. You could restore the LA-connection to the dipper to the original position, but it will comprimise the working range of the dipper.

No I recycled my Ultimate 8043 quite some time ago, and I have no plans to build it again. If I'll build an excavator, I'll rebuild my Zorex-220.

Or maybe I'll try building Jennifer Clark's JS-220 ... :wink:

Fully finished, was waiting on my bucket and i just bought 42004 for that, it works just like the real one :) everything works great too,

Such a huge improvement over the standard 8043. Ill be keeping this built. Also picture instructions quiet challenging which was nice for my first every major mod.

Ill be Definitely building jurgens PF backhoe next.

Iv a question though for people,! Do people prefer Ultimate 8043 with or without stickers?

Generally the models look better with stickers, although I never apply them. Stickers tend to get ugly after a while, so I prefer to use the parts without them.

For dispay only, maybe. For building other models, no thanks.

I would love to have these parts printed with a pattern though. That would be nice!

Generally the models look better with stickers, although I never apply them. Stickers tend to get ugly after a while, so I prefer to use the parts without them.

For dispay only, maybe. For building other models, no thanks.

I would love to have these parts printed with a pattern though. That would be nice!

Well my second 8043 I'm breaking soon has stickers so i could just swap the sides over which have stickers applied already :)

I'm just wondering do people think 8043 looks better with or without stickers.

Ill be breaking my second one to build jurgens pf backhoe.

To answer your question: yes, I do like it better with stickers :laugh:

I never apply the stickers to my Lego models, and I thkn this set looks great without them.

That's a good idea!!!

That's a good idea!!!

That way, the patterns will last longer.

Too bad it's almost impossible, since the costs for doing this will skyrocket.

Fully finished, was waiting on my bucket and i just bought 42004 for that, it works just like the real one :) everything works great too,

Such a huge improvement over the standard 8043. Ill be keeping this built. Also picture instructions quiet challenging which was nice for my first every major mod.

Ill be Definitely building jurgens PF backhoe next.

Iv a question though for people,! Do people prefer Ultimate 8043 with or without stickers?

On your Ultimate 8043, did you encounter the same problems as the ones posted by sapo?

On your Ultimate 8043, did you encounter the same problems as the ones posted by sapo?

Slightly yes but nothing noticeable , the boom clicks when fully up or down but this is normal, it's the clutch in the la,s.

everything works great to be honest,well worth the build.