Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

Aayla VS. Aayla

290 members have voted

1. 1. Which Aayala Secura minifig is better?

• TLG's Aayla Secura
    • Arealight's Aayla Secura

Even though I plan on ordering 2 Twi'Leks from Arealight (the curved torso and the scowl/mean battle face are great, plus the price is fair for a custom), I voted for the LEGO version...first off, I like that it has back printing, the bluish skin tone is more appealing plus I like that you can separate the head tentacles(don't know the official name of these)from the Lego head itself. Gives some more options to mix and match to make customs.

Forgot to say great job KielDaMan on comparing and contrasting all the features. A really neat article.

Also...I haven't read through all the posts...are there 'blue' hands that match the Lego Aayla's and/or Arealights skin tones?

Edited by LegoDad42

I have to say I prefer TLG's better. It looks more like a clone wars Aayla would look like.

Edited by Rinconstar

I have to admit that, despite all the work being put into this by arealight plus the fair price he offers it, the naked part of her body looks more like a back of a girl, not like her front. (At least what I think, I might be wrong but she looks wrong way round) TLCs has a belly button and therefore looks much more sexy.

Forgot to say great job KielDaMan on comparing and contrasting all the features. A really neat article.

Also...I haven't read through all the posts...are there 'blue' hands that match the Lego Aayla's and/or Arealights skin tones?

Thanks LegoDad42. I've been wanting to do this review even though I don't have TLG's Aayla as of the moment. You should read through all the posts, very great points have been raised by the members. I'm actually a bit sursprised by the huge disparity of the results, considering TLG's Aayla had some criticisms when it was first released.

With regards to the hands, as I've posted above:

Sand Blue Hands (for Arealight's Aayla) - does not exist (at least, according to BL).

Medium Blue Hands (for TLG's Aayla) - rare, only seen in Watto.

Edited by KielDaMan

Thanks LegoDad42. I've been wanting to do this review even if I don't have TLG's Aayla as of the moment. Credit also goes to the wonderful ref. pics of TLG's Aayla, made the review much better.

With regards to the hands, as I've posted above:

Hm, the hands both look dark bley to me...

Hm, the hands both look dark bley to me...

They're talking about modding the figs. She SHOULD have medium blue or sand blue hands (depending) is the point - she does not wear gloves.

I must say that according to me the TLG Aayla wins, I like that the TLG version prints the ears on the head piece, and that the dark brown wrap on the lekku is complete on both sides. The lips on the TLG face also look more natural than the scowling face of the Arealight version. I like the dark brown and medium blue combination on the TLG version. Medium blue looks better than sand blue, for living things (it is more of a lively color). I also like how the TLG version does the torso, as it looks good, and in my opinion better than the Arealight's one which seems slightly disproportional.

I prefer the TLG version, but I particulary like the torso dans the tail of the Arealight version. What I dislike in the Arealight version id the face. I think that with a smily face, the votes would have been different.

I voted for TLG figure. It's not that I don't think the Arealight fig isn't good, and some of the custom minifigs floating around the net are superb, it's that if it doesn't say LEGO on the box, it's not LEGO in the box. It may aswell be Mega Blocks. Is that too harsh?

received the TLG Aayla yesterday from Bricklink. Now that I can actually look at the MF she looks stunning, quality and details are superb.

received the TLG Aayla yesterday from Bricklink. Now that I can actually look at the MF she looks stunning, quality and details are superb.

Good for you. I would like to have one soon, just waiting for the prices to drop before purchasing. Based on the pics, TLG's details do look amazing, and much better than the Arealight's version.

Good for you. I would like to have one soon, just waiting for the prices to drop before purchasing. Based on the pics, TLG's details do look amazing, and much better than the Arealight's version.

I don't think the price is going to drop for this MF, it will only get higher.

I gotta go against the grain here, and give the nod to Arealight. The CW style Aayla TLG did is ok, but the AL one looks more like a saga, ie: "real" Aayla, like the difference between the 4 inch lines.

In the negative column, i have to say that while i know they are custom pieces, how much more expensive would it have been really to include the arms and legs? Sure they include visors or other oddball bits as freebies, but i would have just as soon taken limbs.

Plus they (AL) have also done other Twi'leks that will pretty much NEVER be made by TLG. As much as i would love to see an "Official" Darth Talon, i really doubt they'll go into the Legacy Comic books, especially since the run is ending soon.

I don't think the price is going to drop for this MF, it will only get higher.

You might be right there...for the moment, as there's always a possibility that we might get Aayla off a cheaper set or even a magnet set. (like Kit and Plo)

TLG Aayla is waaay better than Arealight one. I honestly can't understand why does she has such a wierd facial expression.