KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I don't have seen the new AT-AT on the frontpage. So, I assume you don't have any picture of it yet. Sorry if I'm wrong.

If I'm right, here is the new AT-AT I found on my forum (thanks to Lutin) :

imgp0175m.jpg

The legs are quite ugly IMHO.

They are too clumsy and have no printed dish. :o

EDIT : we can see hinge on the sides : the model has an interior. :o

That's cool !

from the page it is on it looks like a toys r us exclusive all 3 models are exclusives in

the usa at toys r us so it looks like they get the at-at

but really why would anyone want it

the imperials are all in the hoth battlepack the 3po is in 4 sets and the han is the same as 6212

what a waste of a chance to do a newer mini fig

so we get the 3rd at-at and no newer figures whats up lego

from the page it is on it looks like a toys r us exclusive all 3 models are exclusives in

the usa at toys r us so it looks like they get the at-at

but really why would anyone want it

the imperials are all in the hoth battlepack the 3po is in 4 sets and the han is the same as 6212

what a waste of a chance to do a newer mini fig

so we get the 3rd at-at and no newer figures whats up lego

No, Han is new. He has a new torso and a new face, just look at this picture. :wink:

hannew.jpg

Edited by RoflWafls

The motorized At-At which was terrific in so many ways (fun, advanced build with engineering, walking action, etc) is very hard to find here in the States. It's usually sold out at Toys R Us and difficult if not impossible to find at the Lego store. I have one and it's one of my favorite sets.

While the 10178 was in high demand, it wasn't the type of model that a younger kid could build. This new AT-AT is more of a mass market friendly At-At, that looks good with lots of playability. If these get distributed widely, they'll fly off the shelves.

Thanks for the pics ! IMO, the AT-AT is... an epic fail. Smaller -as it seems-, I own the motorized version, which seems also slightly bulkier than this one. I'll wait for more pics, but I think I'll pass on this one. But I can understand why Lego produce it again. Let's not forget that Lego is primarily made for kids... And the last "standard version of the AT-AT was made in 2003...

and here the big pic!

852843-0000-xx-14-1.jpg

What the?!

I just noticed that TLG's own S@H cache picture has a flaw.

What's up with Ackbar and his legs? :laugh:

First they spell him Ackmar and now this.

Poor guy must be jinxed...

"It's a trap!"

What's up with Ackbar and his legs? :laugh:

First they spell him Ackmar and now this.

Poor guy must be jinxed...

"It's a trap!"

Lol, they really screwed up this time! :laugh: A trap indeed.

Seems they wer a litle bit to fat when they assembled the pictures. I see it with other peoples pictures aswell. But you wouldn't expect this from the company itself.

Any idea when these will be available?

Close-up of Veers:

veers.jpg

I'm afraid his torso looks the same as the Imp from the Hoth BP, but with a different face.

I see your X-wing, and I raise you 171 - Push-along Train - 1972-1980 :wink:

Edit: And while I'm at it, here's Han's new torso and slightly different face:

hannew.jpg

It's the Hoth jacket, but open.

that han solo sure would fit nicely in a new cloud city set NOT AN AT-AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

that han solo sure would fit nicely in a new cloud city set NOT AN AT-AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So what, I don't have that Han so I'm happy he's included.

Looking at the new Ackbar magnet set, does Leia look like she has a new gun mould?

or is it the same as the clone commanders' ? can't really see it at this angle.

Looking at the new Ackbar magnet set, does Leia look like she has a new gun mould?

That is this piece but in black. It was used as a hose in LEGO City and as a gun in the Agents line. :wink:

i posted that a month ago

Hmmmmm,not loving those legs on the ATAT.Defo not going to be buying this one,my son didnt like the motorised one we got for christmas either,we sold it a while back now lol!Im getting fed up with the endless remakes lego are doing,think thats why we've moved over to city stuff for a while.

Edited by charlieboy

Personally, as much as I like this AT-AT, I wouldn't get it if I already had one of the others- I haven't seen either in stores once. So I'm mainly getting this just to have an AT-AT. The new Han and dish turret are a nice addition, but other than that... I don't know. Let's wait and see the reviews first.

On the plus side the printed cockpit slope was the only part not available from the old 4483 AT-AT in new grays. So now you could buy the whole 4483 AT-AT from BL in new grays!

If you have the time :laugh: .

Well, last year I built it in new bley, as You wrote it :) but insted of the printed part I used 4 1x2 slope piece. It looks great, and after I saw the new AT-AT, I am happy, that I did not waited longer to get a newer one, and built it myself.

This new one is a bit smaller, and the whole thing looks so weird (even comparing to 4483). Maybe because the head is too big for the body.

Well, last year I built it in new bley, as You wrote it :) but insted of the printed part I used 4 1x2 slope piece.

Would you mind starting a new topic and show us your AT-AT?

I know there are persons out there that is doing the same thing as you do.

The most signif criticism I have of the 4483 walker is the non-bley colour scheme and the bizarre use of yellow and blue!

I think everyone is far too hard on the new walker, I have multiples of the first 2 - sure it's not as good as we'd hoped but it's more accurate than the motorised and more sturdy than the original. I'll take this over some daft midi set or impractical UCS

it's going to be a great set to build and display, isn't this just another case of people bashing a set because they can't afford it? Seriously, how limited are your funds - this is a childs toy not a childs college education!!!

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

First of all, thanks for finding the pictures (Anio) and comparison pictures (Mutley777) :thumbup:

Although I'm disappointed with the new AT-AT at first, I have to agree with TheBrickHitHouse.

Everyone is far to hard on the new walker.

There are some things that are a little off, but we can still MOD these away.

- The front and back legs should be a little closer together;

- The leg joints should be a lower, legs a little longer;

- The body should be proportioned to the head. Although this could be just (the position of the AT-AT in) the picture taken.

Hopefully the cockpit holds two seats.

But with these "little" adjustments it would look as it should.

With the motorized version I wouldn't know where to start, the implications on the design would be to big.

I guess it is just that some people consider getting something else if they own already the previous AT-ATs. With some pretty nice sets coming out this year, I can understand them :classic: And sometimes it is even nice to take too similiar reincarnations as a chance to spend time and money to get something else. And not be lured by an exclusive minifigure. I for one can tell that it is a nice experience, very satisfying, mind-opening. Because, and there you are right, it is just a toy!

I put this comparisum pic together to show all 3 sets. If you have any doubt about how good the first (4483) AT-AT was look at the movie picture in the background!

at-atcomp.jpg

The most signif criticism I have of the 4483 walker is the non-bley colour scheme and the bizarre use of yellow and blue!

I think everyone is far too hard on the new walker, I have multiples of the first 2 - sure it's not as good as we'd hoped but it's more accurate than the motorised and more sturdy than the original. I'll take this over some daft midi set or impractical UCS

it's going to be a great set to build and display, isn't this just another case of people bashing a set because they can't afford it? Seriously, how limited are your funds - this is a childs toy not a childs college education!!!

I just had to lift up Mutleys great comparison picture ones more.

As you say it is really to bad that the 4483 is in the old grey colours. The yellow and blue colours inside is however very easy to replace.

I do this with all SW sets I build directley from the start to day. With bricks and plates and technic pins and what not.

Also today when I do buy a new set that is a redesign I use to use the previous model/models that I liked the best and judge the new set from that.

To me the first one (4483) is by far the best version. I never bash down on a set before I have seen it properly. But this version by its first look is just

not doing it for me. It looks like they have tryed to cut down to much on how much this set can cost.

I don´t know how you can determind how this third version is sturdier than the first version by just looking at the picture?

Why I do think people is bashing this set is because we all had our hopes up to get a better version than the first, and also a slightly bigger one.

This ideas was pretty much groveled when we found out what the set might cost to us.

I am not continuing bashing on this set, I just thought you had some really good arguments that would be good to get into some more discussion.

Future74 is having some ideas about improvements of the new AT-AT. I really hope you will get this set quickly when it comes out, and do these

modifications and show them to us. Your observations sounds really interesting.

I will for sure end up with one of these since I have hard to resist on new sets. But I will not get three that was my plan if the set would have been

a 50-100 $ more than it is today.

Mandalorian Pride: The Special Edition Collection

mped.png

Sure they are odd, but look at the great colours!

They look like Easter candy! :grin: That or someone is trying to bring back the Jelly Knights. :sceptic:

mped.png

Sure they are odd, but look at the great colours!

Thoughs are fake look at the glare is all in the same spot. Also every one is in the same position hands and angle. Then the reflection looks done on photo shop.

Edited by Rinconstar

I hope these aren't going to be made in China :sceptic:

It's hard to tell from that photo; and that's the only one I've seen.