Sign in to follow this  
TheWarden

Sci-Fi MOC WIP #001 - (UJLV) Urban Juggernaught Class Leadership Vehic

Heyo!

Pretty new user here, not new to MOCing, but new to sharing MOCS on the Internet. So lemme know if I do something wrong.

I introduced myself here, and if you are really interested you can check me out: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41979

Are "works in progress" interesting to anyone? I don't know, guess I will find out!

Anyway, this beast is about 50% (still large exterior sections to do, and exterior detailing as well as interior detailing) done maybe so here's some previews.

The best way to view this is with the higher res photos and tagged items here at my Flickr Page!

But if you like MOCPages it's there too.

A teaser shot (sized for EB) here: 4694798414_a92a29e3d1_b.jpg ( <- Is this deeplinked right?)

List of proposed features: (You can see these as notes on Flickr)

- back access hatch with two levels of storage, plus loading / unloading mechanism

- full two levels inside

- removal of bridge for access to first floor and engine area

- detailed missile loading bays at front

- manned guns on side

- removalable tactical area on second floor

- gull-wing style access doors on both sides

- removalable top with turrets

- flip up armored viewscreens for access to bridge

- crew of ~15

- Large blade and grilles on front

- greebles and details / armor plating

This is your only chance for suggestions, no more in-progress shots before it's done.

Sorry, it's only a WIP; I have a smaller short-term MOC that I'm almost done with and I'll be able to post it soon!

Any comments / suggestions welcome! Thanks for looking.

Dang! Crazy cool. I like the color scheme, and the size is massive. Cannot wait for completion. :thumbup:

Wow! This Thing is huge! :oh:

I can't wait to see it finished...

This sure looks GIANT :classic: , also great selection of colors(minus trans yellow "windscreen"). If you dont mind some critics, i've found only one so far: those trans yellow windscreen panels. im sure it would look much better with trans red(old Sp I line), with either trans red corner or black one. Other that this one , id say it looks great. What purpose does it serve?Mobile base? In any case keep up the good work and i hope to see more of your great MOC's.

Excellent designing so far 'TheWarden' - the black and red are a very good sci-fi colour combo !

Besides it's HUGE man I would not want to be in the way of one of these ! :grin:

I&#39;m a conformist&#33; ! :sweet:

Wow! Thanks for the reception. Wasn't expecting that.

To answer comments - no, I love critics, as they help me improve! Oh, yeah, the trans-yellow windscreen bothers me too, but I think that's all I have in those pieces except trans neon-yellow. I'd rather do trans smoke or clear (maybe with a centered trans-red panel) really; too bad I don't have funds to Bricklink at the moment though. (between jobs) :cry_sad:

I might be able to do a smoke windscreen outta some other parts I have. If I come up with something, I'll post.

Still got tons of black and red, but I'm planning that there will still be grey /dark grey interior details.

Yep, mobile base in a leadership role. Communications relay point. Op center. Rolling around in conquered towns for intimidation. Dunno, I'm not good with logistics / realistic role functions. That's okay though! :classic:

Thanks again.

That's a HUMONGOUS vehicle - true to its name JUGGERNAUGHT! I like the concept of the design and sheer size of the vehicle itself. If you don't mind, I have a few suggestions:

- I see a lot of studs in the body armor plates, maybe you could smoothen the plates a bit by adding tiles and/or wedges to lessen the studs.

- For such a massive and heavy vehicle, I noticed it is only supported by four wheels. Maybe you could add another pair so it would definitely look meaner and heavier.

- Also it would be great if you could add more greebles/details in the body plates, so that the sheer number of studs won't be that noticeable.

Nevertheless, I still commend you for a good job on your MOC! pirate_thumbup.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

- I see a lot of studs in the body armor plates, maybe you could smoothen the plates a bit by adding tiles and/or wedges to lessen the studs.

- For such a massive and heavy vehicle, I noticed it is only supported by four wheels. Maybe you could add another pair so it would definitely look meaner and heavier.

- Also it would be great if you could add more greebles/details in the body plates, so that the sheer number of studs won't be that noticeable.

I certainly don't mind! I love suggestions, they help me to be a better MOCer, I think.

- Oh for sure, like I said, it's only a WIP (Work in progress) maybe 1/2 done at this point, so there is still lots to do. tiles (probably in fun patterns) ((probably every last red and black tile I have :cry_sad: )) is planned to go on the exterior. It won't be studless, I don't have that kind of collection, but it's in the plan.

- Extra set of wheels.... hrm! I absolutely did not think of that! :sadnew: I think I'm out of the big ones, maybe a smaller set could go in the back. Cool suggestion!

- Yep. I like details (com arrays, attenas, spikes) and they are in the plan above too.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll continue to monitor this as I pick it up again. :devil: