• Average
    • Above-Average
    • Outstanding

Shop: Arealight Custom.

Items: Phase I Binocular Visor, Phase I Sun Visor

Price: $1.00 each

Overview

4587294261_7673c096de.jpg

I recently bought custom items from Arealight and these items where ship out on may 3 and arrived may 7. That is only four days from taiwan china to Arizona. I was thrilled when these arrived and I wasn't disappointed with any of the items I received.

Phase I Binocular Visor

4587916940_964cde5972.jpg

These match perfectly with those seen on the Star Wars The Clone Wars.

Front and Side View

4587917014_b5f3cb6cfd.jpg

4587294333_fa0fc2a53d.jpg

Phase I Sun Visor

4587294449_a0c590e21c.jpg

Excellent, I bought these to replace the stranded TLC sun visor and to give commander Cody and Fox a more accurate look.

Front and Side View

4587917042_24924fe3e1.jpg

Overall

Design:10/10 Arealight Customs items are excellently designed.

Price:7/10 I would say $0.75 to be a better price point.

Satisfactory: 10/10 I can't stop playing and admiring these items.

Total:27/30 I would defiantly buy again.

Thanks for the review. :sweet: I got some of these in my last order and I was pleased as well.

Price:7/10 I would say $0.75 to be a better price point.

Yes, this is the summary of most custom work; it's too expensive. Yes I understand why, but it doesn't change the fact.

Thanks for this nice review, Dutch!

How strong are the joints? Do the snap and stay in pretty good, or do thei tend to pop away?

Interesting... Why can't there be binoculars inside the helmet? :grin:

Two reasons: 'cause they have basic standard design and not all need a binocular (which could severily constrain the visual field), and because there is where your head is and you wouldn't want to cut a slice off to make space for the binoculars, right :laugh: .

LuxorV

Two reasons: 'cause they have basic standard design and not all need a binocular (which could severily constrain the visual field), and because there is where your head is and you wouldn't want to cut a slice off to make space for the binoculars, right :laugh: .

LuxorV

I just thought that if some group of Rebels could have flat computers, alot of hard working scientists could make flat binoculars. :tongue:

I just thought that if some group of Rebels could have flat computers, alot of hard working scientists could make flat binoculars. :tongue:

Truthfully, it all comes don to rank. The generic troops don't get pre-installed binocs, the just use the handheld ones. Other classes- like Commandos, I believe- Get them installed in the helmets.

Thanks for this nice review, Dutch!

How strong are the joints? Do the snap and stay in pretty good, or do thei tend to pop away?

LuxorV

The items just snap into place and stay firmly secure to the helmet.

I've bought Arealight's customs for a long time and I've never been disappointed. Many of them I've used in MOCs I've shown on Eurobricks. These new visors look great in there range of colours. The fact they fit official phase one clones means I'll most likely be ordering some when I next buy from Arealight.

It seems that they've ramped up their production in a big way, so a $1.00 proce tag seems a bit steep for somethig that is most likely mass produced now. Oh well... needs must!