Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

LEGO Prince of Persia Month - the Eurobricks Contest

Looks like I will need some more time for my second category entry. Could we possibly get a week extension on the deadline?

@svelte

for the BAM part of the contest can I do a marketplace with multiple stalls

Yes, that's fine. As long as you keep within the piece count.

Looks like I will need some more time for my second category entry. Could we possibly get a week extension on the deadline?

No extensions will be granted. The intention is to wrap up the contest and announce winners just as the movie hits worldwide release, and extensions would mess up that timeline.

Check the Tutorials index.

Alternatively upload to flickr, which resizes images automatically, and then choose an appropriate size to link.

Thanks for the tip. It took me awhile but I finally resized them as you recommended. So go check 'em out :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip. It took me awhile but I finally resized them as you recommended. So go check 'em out :thumbup:

Looking good :thumbup: Great design!

The contest closes at the end of this week, so get those final entries in.

It looks like competition will be tough with all the amazing work that's been put in :thumbup:

My participation in the contest in the first category POP is online.

As I am not 100% sure of my translation rules, is that someone can confirm that my

participation is in order and nothing is missing?

I do not think the theme would also be interesting at first but I took a real pleasure

to build and I have the idea of spending a few commands of POP set later !

Grrr spending money for lego again... My soon will be pleased, my wife, probably not :tongue:

Thanks for your help and good luck everybody,

RULES APPLYING TO ALL CATEGORIES

• Post 3 pictures in the relevant contest entry threads (maximum size 800x600). See the Tutorials Index for help with resizing images and deeplinking.

Looking over the entries some people have used multiple pictures into one composited image/file showing multiple views, play features, etc. Is it okay to do that? The rules would suggest to me that it's not (hence me not doing this myself on my entries so far). Can you clarify this for us Svelte?

Cheers!

EDIT: As an example I just quickly composited 3 of my pictures togther into one image to illustrate my point.

ie.jpg

Would this qualify as one picture? I wouldn't think so.

Edited by pedro

I've read that upper

Category 1 must have a 'main' image with just 1 picture of the overall set (for judging purposes).

The other 2 shots can be made up of smaller pictures, but the total number of distinct images can't be more than 5.

Eg, you could post 1 main pic, 1 alternate view, and a final shot with 3 small pics. Or you could post 1 main pic, a shot with 2 pics (eg showing a play feature) and another shot with 2 pics.

The purpose of the three shot rule is to show your entry clearly with a minimum of images, just as LEGO sets generally are. It is not to cram as many small pics into one frame as possible to avoid this rule.

According to your question, if you post something like your exemple you've already got 3 pics on one pics so it stay 2 pics at least

... I'm sad, nobody post any comments about my participation ? :sceptic:

Edited by lego-maniac

lego-maniac is wise :thumbup:

pedro, I wouldn't worry too much about adding extra images if it makes your overall MOC look small. You can put links in if there is another detail you want to show :wink:

According to your question, if you post something like your exemple you've already got 3 pics on one pics so it stay 2 pics at least
pedro, I wouldn't worry too much about adding extra images if it makes your overall MOC look small. You can put links in if there is another detail you want to show

Maybe I should just pay a bit more attention to the rules eh? I was only interested in keeping it fair for all in my own, misguided way and wouldn't want to take anything away from anyone's awesome entry! :classic:

Those last minute entries are just pouring in, aren't they? :tongue:

Anyway, from now, still got roughly 24 hours to submit our entries, right?

Anyway, from now, still got roughly 24 hours to submit our entries, right?

I thought it ended in ten minutes or so. :look: Since I'm a bumbling baboon, does 12:00 midnight mean the start of the day, or the end?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a bumbling baboon. It probably won't make a difference to me, but I might be able to scrap together a Persian Version entry. Thanks for clearing that up, Svelte.

*** THE CONTEST WILL CLOSE 24 HOURS FROM THE DATE-STAMP ON THIS POST ***

Get your final entries in! No extensions will be granted!

*** ENTRIES NOW CLOSED ***

Entries are now closed!

Voting rules & threads will be posted in the next few days.

The entries will remain open to allow entrants who haven't submitted properly to fix their entries - I will be PMing you shortly - but no new entries will now be accepted.

Thanks, and I hope you had fun!

Oh, snap. I forgot about the deadline. Whatever. It's not like I would've won.

Thanks for leaving the threads open, Svelte! How long will they be open?

Also, is it now OK for us to post our MOCs in their own threads?

Oh, snap. I forgot about the deadline. Whatever. It's not like I would've won.

You know, you can always post it as a regular MOC. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Also, is it now OK for us to post our MOCs in their own threads?

Not until after the winners are announced towards the end of the month.

You know, you can always post it as a regular MOC. :wink:

Hehe, it's a funny story actually. I didn't even start my MOCs :tongue:

Hm, yes, it would have certainly been hard for you to win with non-existing MOCs. :tongue:

Voting has commenced!

You have 5 days!

Go and make the Nizam Dastan proud! :tongue:

Sorry, Svelte, I have a small question.

Although the voting have started, am I allowed to upload or change any image from my entry? I was going to change the pic on my entry before the voting began, but now I don't know what to do. :sceptic:

Sorry, Svelte, I have a small question.

Although the voting have started, am I allowed to upload or change any image from my entry? I was going to change the pic on my entry before the voting began, but now I don't know what to do. :sceptic:

No, it's too late I'm afraid.

** You have less than 12 hours to get your final votes in! **

ARGHMMMPH!!! I missed my chance to vote, been so busy in work and fixing my house up. So sorry everyone. Many thanks for the votes and kind comments though, very much appreciated. It's ben a great competition and there are some genuinely wonderful and inspiring creations there. Very best of luck to everyone who's entered.

I'll just head off and give myself a good slap for missing the voting deadline... :hmpf: