snefroe

De Rode Draak (The Red Dragon)

You're right it was very common, however in this case it serves a completely different purpose - no torch is mounted to it, but something else is and it's not a coincidence that this opening leads outside of the ship. I just made a better picture:

rd2la.jpg

Perhaps the more precise question will be: What is its function here?

The 4+ map? I don't have the 4+ map... Do you mean it is supposed to be mounted to the wall? No... well, I think I'll write the answer soon... But not yet... Look what's on the other side of that wall, and you'll see everything, it's not that hard! ;-)

The 4+ being a map this size

6179px2.jpg

But this isn't the 4+ pirate map - Peeron.com didn't have an image...

I'm sure everyone has forgotten about my question a long time ago, but I'll write the answer like I promised.

g5.jpg

This is the stern part of the ship. Here, on the lower floor you can see the kitchen, with the chef and the steward.

i1.jpg

Here's a close-up of the kitchen, where you can see the chef cooking something. Above him you can see the ventilation system. The smoke from the kitchen goes through there...

rd2la.jpg

...and then is released outside of the ship through this hole on the right side of the window. So this is the answer to my question - this hole is an end of a flue!

I didn't notice that little quiz until after you answered, as I am new here anyway.

Don't let the nonparticapation discourage you from doing that again.

I was kind of thinking of some sort of game, like geuss the minifig, based on movies or famous people.

Awfully disproportionate jib sails... Anyways, I digress. strong lookin model, but i think the stern is a little too high up.

Looks good to me.

:skel1:

*y*

Awfully disproportionate jib sails...

You mean too small, don't you?

And BTW, thanks for mentioning this MOC in the newsletter, I'm really honoured...