Sign in to follow this  
sonicstarlight

Greetings from the mean streets of New York

It's been several generations since my people left Europe for America (nothing personal I'm sure!), so I hope I still qualify to post on this great little forum :tongue:

I am a 29 year old AFOL currently living in New York City who has recently come back to the brick after about 15 years away. My collection was quite extensive, as not only did I get most major sets from the mid-80's through to the mid-90's, but I also inherited a huge lot from my cousin with sets dating to the late-70's or so when I was young.

Castle and space were my favorite themes to collect at first, although I think Legos officially became an obsession once I got my hands on the Black Seas Barracuda on the then new pirates line. As time progressed, I moved on to Technic and Model Team, the latter being my favorite for how realistic they looked.

I was oddly obsessive as a child, keeping all of my instruction booklets organized neatly in a binder and never doing anything like separating blocks with my teeth. Unfortunately, when I left my collection to my (much) younger siblings after setting off for college, they have not been so kind. My brother in particular chews on the things like they were bubblegum, and I fear that about half of my old collection now looks like it's been through a wood chipper.

Still, what's done is done, and the fact two more people have found joy in the same blocks that I grew up with shows just how timeless Legos are. I do plan on going on a minifigure rescue mission the next time I go back to see my parents, though.

Like many, many others, it was the Cafe Corner and the other modular buildings that got my interest in Legos back. I was fortunate enough to get Market Street before it became stupidly expensive, and I have the full line thus far with every intention to get the Grand Emporium in a few months.

I am currently finishing up my very first MOC done in the CC style (just waiting for my final Bricklink order to come in), so I thought it was time to finally register after so many months of enjoying all the outstanding work you guys post on a daily basis. I look forward to seeing you all on the forums, and I hope you look forward to seeing my creation when I post it in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

Welcome to Eurobricks.

You're more than welcome here.

Can't wait to see that CC MOC you're doing.

Welcome to EB!

Another great member, I am sure you will find some of our forums very interesting.

I can't wait to see you MOC, we'll all be waiting for you to post it.

Welcome to Eurobricks sonicstarlight. :classic:

One more AFOL returning to the LEGO world! It's great that you've already started adding more sets in your collection and I hope that your minifigure rescue will turn out well. :wink:

"Saving Private LEGO" that is. :laugh:

Enjoy your time in here and I look forward to your creations!

:classic:

Welcome to EB!

I hope you enjoy it here!

You're first MOC is Jaw droping! A+ :sweet::thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing more MOCs from you!

CommanderFox