gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

Lets get back to the current sets.

Diagon Alley is stunning and amazing, but it has its own thread.HERE!

I am a proud owner of the Burrow, Quidditch Match, and Freeing Dobby.

They are all stunning sets!

Edited by 10or

Here are all the magnet and keychain pics in there HR goodness!

Pics link to 2880 pxl. versions

Magnets

852982.jpg

Harry Potter (Quidditch), Albus Dumbledor, Hermione Granger

852983.jpg

Harry Potter, Severus Snape, Draco Malfoy

Keychains

852954.jpg

Harry Potter

852955.jpg

Ron Weasly

852956.jpg

Hermione Granger

852957.jpg

Rubeus Hagrid

852979.jpg

Albus Dumbledore

852980.jpg

Severus Snape

852981.jpg

Dobby

First post should be updated!

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

Here are all the magnet and keychain pics in there HR goodness!

Nice pics, grogall! Thanks for sharing.

I assume all the magnet figs will have their double-sided heads?

Nice pics, grogall! Thanks for sharing.

I assume all the magnet figs will have their double-sided heads?

Yes - at least for the set with Hermione all the heads are double-sided, so should be the case for the other as well.

There should be one more pic for the Dobby key chain? Not in hi-res goodness but here they are: :tongue:

2010-3.jpg

2010-4.jpg

And together with their other friends:

group-photo2.jpg

More comparisons of the different Harrys, Hermiones, Dumbledores, Snapes & Hagrids here if you are interested. :sweet:

Edited by metalgearsolid

We all are very happy about the Diagon Alley but I have some other question. Did anyone have the alternative building instruction of the Burrow?

I got a reply from LEGO Direct. The alternate instructions will be out sometime in October and will be in PDF from delivered by email.

:wink:

Thanks for the heads-up, there seem to be some instruction books missing though, for example there is only book 1 and 3 for hogwarts castle.

Just wondering how the sets are moving at everyones stores. At my TRU, they've sold:

-about 3 castles

-roughly half of the Dobby's Release sets

-4 or five huts

-1 or 2 burrows

-a couple of the match sets

-about 1 train

How about your shops?

Edited by Primusman

Just wondering how the sets are moving at everyones stores. At my TRU, they've sold:

-about 3 castles

-roughly half of the Dobby's Release sets

-4 or five huts

-1 or 2 burrows

-a couple of the match sets

-about 1 train

How about your shops?

I went by Target and Wal Mart on Sat:

Target:

1 Howarts left, 2 Burrow, 3 Express.

Wal Mart:

I actually went twice, Before Noon: NOTHING. later, after 8pm: several unopened "Do Not Display Until 10/1" cases on a pallet. They were REALLY late in getting them on the shelf.

later, after 8pm: several unopened "Do Not Display Until 10/1" cases on a pallet. They were REALLY late in getting them on the shelf.

Wow! A WHOLE day??? :laugh: What nerve...

No, but seriously, considering there is no gigantic hype for new Harry Potter merchandise like there would be say, for a new Star Wars movie, I don't think stores are terribly worried about having them out at the stroke of midnight. But it does seem like they are steadily trickling out into the shops...

I used Target's "Find it at a Target Store" feature to see that my local store has them in stock. I will hopefully be going to get the Burrow later! :classic:

-Derek

No, but seriously, considering there is no gigantic hype for new Harry Potter merchandise like there would be say, for a new Star Wars movie, I don't think stores are terribly worried about having them out at the stroke of midnight. But it does seem like they are steadily trickling out into the shops...

I used Target's "Find it at a Target Store" feature to see that my local store has them in stock. I will hopefully be going to get the Burrow later! :classic:

-Derek

Same for most of the stores I checked over here in the UK as well. I only checked for curiosity though, I've ordered them off the internet. It's a lot easier.

Are these out in Canada yet? :sceptic: I've been anxiously checking every store in town for 'em since the first of October.. and no one has any! :cry_sad:

And of course when I ask the store employees they don't have a clue. :wacko:

Are these out in Canada yet? :sceptic: I've been anxiously checking every store in town for 'em since the first of October.. and no one has any! :cry_sad:

And of course when I ask the store employees they don't have a clue. :wacko:

They are listed on the Canadian TRU website. But I've been to 3 of my local TRUs and they still don't have them.

My TRU in Winnipeg has the sets. Too bad they're not at your guys'. Don't have money to buy em right now, but will in the future.

The LEGO store at North Park Mall in TX had all of the Harry Potter sets including the magnets and keychains. I bought the Burrow and will order the rest from LEGO.com

~MC

The LEGO store at North Park Mall in TX had all of the Harry Potter sets including the magnets and keychains. I bought the Burrow and will order the rest from LEGO.com

~MC

You lucky dog. :angry:

Yup, my TRU and Lego Store had them too. And for anyone who was wondering, yes, the keychains do have the double sided heads. :thumbup:

Does anyone know if Hagrid's hands are removable? I thought they might look good on Woody and Jessie. I got the keychain and have a hard time removing them, and I'm afraid to pull too hard. :sceptic:

Hagrid's hands do not come off.. :(

My ToysRUs had the sets on October 1st which is were I bought mine cause I just couldn't wait.

Target says they have them available so I might pick up the Train of Hagrid's Hut on Friday. (Waiting to buy Hogwarts during Thanksgiving break so I have more time to enjoy it)

Walmart doesn't even have them yet!

I think LEGO once again did a poor job with promoting the sets! They don't even have an advertisement on the Home page. And the new catalog has not even come out yet.

They should have a commercial or something. I remember PoA sets had a commercial and that made me excited for the sets.

Why are you sad that LEGO did not promote the sets so heavily? If they don't sell fast then perhaps they will go on sale just like all the TS sets did, which means more HP goodness for us at a lower price.

I honestly did not expect a complete revival of the theme, only a wave or two, so I don't think LEGO's promoting methods have any affect on whether we see more HP sets or not.

Are you not excited about the sets because you haven't seen any commercials?

Why are you sad that LEGO did not promote the sets so heavily? If they don't sell fast then perhaps they will go on sale just like all the TS sets did, which means more HP goodness for us at a lower price.

I honestly did not expect a complete revival of the theme, only a wave or two, so I don't think LEGO's promoting methods have any affect on whether we see more HP sets or not.

Are you not excited about the sets because you haven't seen any commercials?

Hell no! I LOVE the sets no matter what! I am so excited about finishing collecting the rest of the sets. I am just saying that maybe the marketing could have promoted sales and then they would become like Star Wars and keep on releasing more sets. I honestly think that Diagon Alley is the finale of the Harry Potter line. :cry_sad: