gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

Wow, they all look really intersting. The castle does look a lot smaller than I expected. Height wise, I mean.

Loving Ron's next hair piece, and the boxart.

Just waiting on pictures of Dobby's release now!

Wow, they all look really intersting. The castle does look a lot smaller than I expected. Height wise, I mean.

Loving Ron's next hair piece, and the boxart.

Just waiting on pictures of Dobby's release now!

Eskallon has one, I put it in my post. :thumbup: With due credit, of course.

Edited by Darth Legolas

new hair for ron, ginny, luna looks awesome... can't wait can't wait!! october can't come fast enough!

mcgonagall, dobby flesh head, new lucius malfoy, a new face for hermione, in the Burrow theme, there are 2 figs who I assume to be Molly and Arthur Weasley... and a snip of Fenrir Greyback too (don't see Bellatrix though)!! These are just prelim pics, can't wait for some official ones!

the fact that I'm repeating this all from memory is astounding... shows how much I want these. :tongue:

Edited by tin7

DSCF0906.JPG

Awesome, a set with almost only Snape minifigs (Look at the minifig line-up at the bottom) :tongue:

Edited by RoflWafls

Awesome, a set with almost only Snape minifigs (Look at the minifig line-up at the bottom) :tongue:

it does show who we're gonna get in the set though; marcus flint, madam hooch, oliver wood are all new in flesh.

minor disappointment in the oliver wood fig though; it's Mutt from Indy with Gryffindor uniform...

Edited by tin7

Ok, that's who that is. Couldn't tell from the other pics. That's definitely a nice addition to the set.

I worked it out by the cat that is next to him.

Also, did anyone else see Flitwick?

invisibility cloak!!

next to mcgonagall

Could be, I passed it off earlier as a piece of fabric someone left there. Oh and do you mean Filch is the one behind the chair.

Could be, I passed it off earlier as a piece of fabric someone left there. Oh and do you mean Filch is the one behind the chair.

he's the one with the cat next to him!

I worked it out by the cat that is next to him.

Also, did anyone else see Flitwick?

From the more far away pictures, it looked like he could have been Ginny (all I could really make out was the long brown-ish hair), and at first I thought the cat was Crookshanks (though it does work for Mrs. Norris).

I did see him, but it's hard to really tell who it is. It does look like it is Flitwick

As for the invisibility cloak, that could be what it is, but it actually looks to me like it's put there to cover a minifigure they want covered for the time being.

From the more far away pictures, it looked like he could have been Ginny (all I could really make out was the long brown-ish hair), and at first I thought the cat was Crookshanks (though it does work for Mrs. Norris).

I did see him, but it's hard to really tell who it is. It does look like it is Flitwick

As for the invisibility cloak, that could be what it is, but it actually looks to me like it's put there to cover a minifigure they want covered for the time being.

even if it is to cover a minifig... the minifig is still invisible; so in essence, that's still an "invisibility cloak". :tongue:

I'm pretty sure the fig next to Dumbledore is Flitwick..

Edited by tin7

Thanks for the pictures! :thumbup:

Some of these sets are definitely interesting but some are really weak I think. I know this is still preliminary but Freeing Dobby is really a big step back from it's precursor :sceptic:

On the other hand I really looking forward to The Burrow, Hagrid's Hut and Hogwarts, all looks like great part packs with good minifigs. :thumbup:

how much are the Quidditch sets again? I need to buy at least 4 of those to make a Quidditch team...

my wallet is already leaking; I'm actually setting aside roughly 500 CAD to spend on HP sets... meaning that I will be in poverty for the next 8 months :tongue:

Snape Battlepack! :laugh:

Anyone spotted the flilch figure yet?

I was going to comment on that. Out of all these figures, I think he is the one I'm most surprised to see. :classic: By no means am I complaining, it will be nice to have as many official figures as possible. I wonder if he and Lucius Malfoy have new hair? I love the little dark tan Mrs. Norris too! :laugh:

Also, In the castle, who is the dark brown haird guy (maybe with glasses?) that is sitting at the table with the cake?

That turkey has this set sold for me. (And I dont care if its on the ground! :laugh: ) I love sets with tons of accessories, and this one does not disappoint. :classic: The foldability of this will make for some nice display options.

Are we not getting a Neville this time? I still need one... :(

I am kinda bummed about that too. :sceptic: He is one of my favorite characters, and appears to be one of the only major ones left out. I'm holding out for more waves with him, Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, Mad-eye etc...

The only set I'm kinda bummed about is the Dobby one. All it really looks like is an archway. I will still no doubt get it for completion and the unique figures, but it still is disappointing...

I'm also kinda upset that Luna comes in the train. I wasn't planning on buying that, but now I guess I have to... :grin: Does anyone have a price for that one?

I'm excited for these! It was worth the wait for pics! :classic:

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson

Snape Battlepack! :laugh:

I was going to comment on that. Out of all these figures, I think he is the one I'm most surprised to see. :classic: By no means am I complaining, it will be nice to have as many official figures as possible. I wonder if he and Lucius Malfoy have new hair? I love the little dark tan Mrs. Norris too! :laugh:

Also, In the castle, who is the dark brown haird guy (maybe with glasses?) that is sitting at the table with the cake?

That turkey has this set sold for me. (And I dont care if its on the ground! :laugh: ) I love sets with tons of accessories, and this one does not disappoint. :classic: The foldability of this will make for some nice display options.

I am kinda bummed about that too. :sceptic: He is one of my favorite characters, and appears to be one of the only major ones left out. I'm holding out for more waves with him, Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, Mad-eye etc...

The only set I'm kinda bummed about is the Dobby one. All it really looks like is an archway. I will still no doubt get it for completion and the unique figures, but it still is disappointing...

I'm also kinda upset that Luna comes in the train. I wasn't planning on buying that, but now I guess I have to... :grin: Does anyone have a price for that one?

I'm excited for these! It was worth the wait for pics! :classic:

-darthperson

dark brown haired guy = flitwick

Are we not getting a Neville this time? I still need one... :(

I think he might be one of the figures with the Howarts Express (Or maybe its Malfoy?).

I think he might be one of the figures with the Howarts Express (Or maybe its Malfoy?).

only harry, ron, hermione, ginny, malfoy, and luna in the hogwarts express set... sorry!

though i'm suprised Ginny actually appears in 2 sets.

only harry, ron, hermione, ginny, malfoy, and luna in the hogwarts express set... sorry!

though i'm suprised Ginny actually appears in 2 sets.

Sorry, I can't see Hermione in the train set anywhere.

These new sets look amazing.

The train has the proper wheels and great minifigures.

The burrow looks great with many figures which will be a must buy.

The new castle looks much better than the others and it has a lot of great rooms.

Hagrids Hut looks a bit like the last one except smaller. However I still may get this one.

Again thanks for the pictures. These are all must get sets.

Hm, I'm not sure what to say about these? :blush: I can for sure say that these are a step back, in my opinion. The figures look extremely nice, like Draco and Ron (when the Minifigure Collection pictures appeared I said: "Wow, that hairpiece would look nice on Ron!" and behold!, Luna, Bellatrix, Fitch, ... Also nice to have; the new owls. They have a new design and are now printed with eyes and a beak.

The Dobby set could be better, but the figures will be nice. The Quidditch set is ok, it's all about the figures. Hagrid's Hut looks fine, it's nice to have Aragog in it and some new elements. The Hogwarts castle looks amazing! :thumbup: Judging the pictures it's the best version till date, with an awesome interior and lots of teachers. And the Burrow, nice job on designing it, the interior looks very nice and of course, having most of the Weasley family in the set makes it a must get. But I'm not so happy with the design, it looks too dark, if you know what I mean. Does it have these dark colours to let it match with the setting (at night)? The interior and figures make up for the design, but I have to say I'm more happy with my own design of the Burrow. That probably sounds weird, but well... What happened to the train?! Yes, the figures and the Ford Anglia are nice, but this is a step back when looking at the old design.

Times change, but it's a shame they don't look so good as the old LEGO Harry Potter series. But that won't stop me from buying them. At this moment I'm not extremely happy with them, but by the time the final pictures will have arrived I know I will like every set of the theme. They will grow on me.

I wonder if they were inspired by my version of the Burrow? :classic:

:oh:

Edited by Matn