Sign in to follow this  
aawsum

MOC: Train ACTS 5814

traintech1.jpg

I wanted to MOC my own train for a while now, and finally I started on it.

This is the reference I used

111_5268.jpg

(Borrowed from railfaneurope.net)

I decided to go for a 8-wide train. Now that it is finished I know that I will break it down and try to create it in 6-wide.

The 8-wide is much to big and out of proportion for my layout.

Nevertheless, I finished it in 8 wide. Only thing not on there are the logo stickers.

- It is motorised via 2 pf M motors

- The middle axle of the bogies can slide

- there is space between the train and the bogie, in such a way that the train can take some climbs and downhills

4178386337_8008b3ca9f.jpg

Click photo for more views!

4179150632_46c70221a9.jpg

Click photo for more views!

These photos are taken in the appropriate background for christmas of course :wink:

Great train, my fellow train-lover! Especially for your first train MOC. The gearing in the wheels is truly a great addition. The train really does look like the provided picture, all-in-all.

Very nice Aawsum. You really did a nice job at creating the real life train in LEGO. I like the front end with the use of the classic black train windows. Eight wide certainly gives you a lot of opportunity for added detail. Nice color combination. Now you need to make some custom "VOS Logistics" decals just like the real deal.

Great job! :thumbup:

For accurate dimensions, look for UK Class 58 diesel loco - we exported them all over Europe when we got newer diesels!

I have a book with 4mm scale drawings and specs, called "British Main Line Diesel Locomotives", which has pictures for classes 15-67.

Mark

Comparing both the real and yours - pretty much SPOT ON ! :thumbup:

AWESOME MOC, why ? I just said the real and your MOC are pretty dam close. :thumbup:

Mission completed for you, now you only need to make the freight cars, etc., to go with it.

Keep up the good work, 'Aawsum'. :classic: