Dr. Brick

Cheap Bulk?

Hi Everybody!

I was wondering what the cheapest way is of buying 1000 of these in trans-clear:

4215b.png

I'm not promising to buy any (don't want to give false hope to anybody who has been hoping for years on end to get rid of 1000 panels :wink: ), just enquiring on the price.

Thanks!

Dr. Brick

(sorry if this should be in the buy, sell and trade forum, I wasn't sure)

I think this should be posted in the buy, sell and trade forum.

If you want to buy a large quantity, you should go to bricklink.com:

Bricklink

the Inventor

The words cherap and trans clear don't usually go together in the same sentence.

Like the Inventor said, for that many, Bricklink will be your only real hope, adn for 1,000 you may end up buying from quite a few sellers.

Plus at the moment there are only 122 for sale.

You could try ebay, but it's hard to find specialized pieces there.

Dr. Brick:

Unfortunately it looks like you won't do much better than Lego Pick-a-Brick online price of 0.20 euro each.

Even apart from the limited quantity on bricklink, it is more expensive for all but the first handful of sellers (who only have 1 each, or are in Australia, or may not use normal euro/dollar exchange rate, etc., etc.)

I've found Lego PaB the best option in general for certain items such as less common (but available on PaB) parts/colours, glass, and new windows, etc. I always add some PaB when making an order from S@H (although I haven't ordered from S@H in a while as it's silly to pay Lego's "special" Irish Euro prices rather than buy from UK resellers - cheaper postage too).

The words cherap and trans clear don't usually go together in the same sentence.

Plus at the moment there are only 122 for sale.

The word cherap doesn't usually go in the same sentence as anything! :tongue:

There are 122 lots for sale but there are several thousand of that piece for sale. One seller has 1400+ for $0.47 / 0.31 Euros / £0.28. They are relatively cheap for Bricklink. So $470 / 310 Euros / £280 not including shipping from the US

You could buy from multiple sellers (minimum of 3 it looks like) but this would only save you around $50 and you could possibly lose some of that on the extra shipping costs.

Edited by chris_austin

Thanks for all the helpfull comments! :sweet:

Of course i allready looked on bricklink, as I have used it many times before. But it reaaly wasn't what I was looking for. (something like: hey! we've got way to many bricks, why don't you have them all for a really cheap price! - that would be so good :cry_happy: )

I never thought of PaB because I always feel it is also pretty expensive, but 0.20 is way better than 0.31. (200 euros in stead of 310 :wacko: )

I'll think about, its a lot of money...

Thanks again for the advice! :classic:

Dr. Brick

The word cherap doesn't usually go in the same sentence as anything! :tongue:

There are 122 lots for sale but there are several thousand of that piece for sale. One seller has 1400+ for $0.47 / 0.31 Euros / £0.28. They are relatively cheap for Bricklink. So $470 / 310 Euros / £280 not including shipping from the US

I am laughing at myself alot right now.

Mispellings and misunderstandings, I'm no help at all :blush:

I can't fathom the concept of spending $470 US dollars on Lego windows! What the heck is this MOC that involves 1000 3x4 windows!

Real size Lego window? :wink:

I know how you feel, Dr. Brick, I have some unusual brick needs which I cannot satisfy so easily...but in time I got almost everything...

Edited by Milan

What the heck is this MOC that involves 1000 3x4 windows!

Several of these:

version2_1.png

I think I'll have to wait till I get a proper income! :wink:

Dr. Brick

Several of these:

I think I'll have to wait till I get a proper income! :wink:

Dr. Brick

That would look amazing, even if it was just one of those and then attached to a non-trans-clear version. Great technique for connecting the panels btw :thumbup:

Edited by chris_austin