ILikePi

Two more Christmas sets this year!

It seems that there are two more mini sets for Christmas!

30008 Snowman

pTRU1-6627542reg.jpg

With an orange carrot nose, a bright red bow tie, and a broom in his hand, this buildable LEGO snowman is all ready for the holidays and for you to hang him up on your tree!

30009 Christmas Tree

pTRU1-6627543reg.jpg

Build a festive LEGO Christmas tree, complete with decorations on the branches, a transparent jewel at the top, and a pile of colorful presents at the base!

They're both $3.49 USD each, and are currently only on the TRU website.

Enjoy!

Credit goes to The Metal One on Flickr, who posted links in this picture by TooMuchDew.

EDIT: mhuffman of Flickr posted this picture:

4082373591_7638cd97b9.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Update topic description

That's a pretty clever design for the tree. The white makes it look like an artificial tree, though. I've never understood those...

For the record: numbers are 30008 and 30009 (not 3008 and 3009).

They're pretty nicely designed sets actually, not that I'll buy any, but still...

For the record: numbers are 30008 and 30009 (not 3008 and 3009).

They're pretty nicely designed sets actually, not that I'll buy any, but still...

Yeah, I just saw that. Can a moderator change the subtitle to "30008 and 30009"?

I like such a small sets.

Occasionally I order them when they are available on BL.

But I prefer to build them myself if I have right pieces.

I just bought 30008 a nice set but I have some problems.

I'm missing the red 1x3 piece and the hook piece on top is a black with greyish specks.

I'm really sick of ordering replacements because LEGO makes cheap pieces now. Just when I thought their quality was getting better.

The snowman set includes six new white 1 x 1 bricks with a stud on one side! This piece only existed in clone brand sets until now! :sweet:

4081252917_2c75a7a834.jpg

Are you saying that Lego didn't make a 1x1 brick with a stud on one side before, or that it wasn't available in white before?

By the way, the Lego countdown Christmas Candle is gorgeous, a little flimsy because it depends on tiles for the candle to burn down, and the only set you can buy with the numbers 1 through 24 printed on the sides of 24 red 2x4 bricks. Perfect for customizing Christmas trains.

Are you saying that Lego didn't make a 1x1 brick with a stud on one side before, or that it wasn't available in white before?

Both. :tongue:

It's a new piece. Oddly enough the first set it's in and it wasn't needed, isn't there 1x2 that have studs on the side? That would have worked.

Is there a piece that has a stud on the front (like this one) and on the side? if not that could be useful.