I put together the Mobile HQ sub last night....It is AWESOME. (holding off on the other two set til LEGO sotre gets them in so I can rack up VIP points) The "transformation" works quite well. Wish there were more Manta warriors but hey that what the impluse sets are for. I accidently picked up (2) additional diver collectable minifig which have now been asigned to the crew of the sub. Sub is solid and bigger then expected. Lots of windows. THe HQ when on the base seems small tho. All and all a great buy. Can't wait to add this to the rest of the atlantis set.

The books look nice, it will be an easy way to get me an army of squid warriors. On Amazon however i noticed that near the bottom it says, "10 new from £2.44 and then 2 used from £3.20". :wacko: Well I suppose it saves me the trouble of doing the activities and getting a minifig....

I also built the HQ sub yesterday, and I love the set! It's my favorite Atlantis set by far. I do wish it was a little bigger, but I am really pleased with the set.

I guess these haven't been posted yet:

IMG_80762.jpg

IMG_80763.jpg

IMG_80764.jpg

More here (some sets have already been reviewed on this forum).

What about the Atlantis Transformer? Has anyone heard anything else about it? When does it come out?

Official photos of 8080 are found in lego.com cache, so it should be released very soon.

8080-1.jpg

8080-2.jpg

8080-3.jpg

8080-box.jpg

Wow!Thanks for the pictures,whung!I very like the transformation of the mech and the dragon-fish looks very cool.What about price?If it will be 29.99,i will definetly buy it and it's very pitty,that i bought Typhoon turbo sub and Guardian of the deep.If i haven't bought them,i could have spent money(and aslo save some)on 8080.The only thing i bought them-for new pieces(roof-canopy piece ,2 propellers,shark key,claws and fangs and black technic pieces with fins),that i also can find in 8080.

That underwater mech thing is available at S&H now. I'm thinking about picking it up, but I'll probably wait for a review first.

I spent my birthday at Disneyland, and at the Lego store in Downtown Disney, they had the new Undersea Explorer set (the transforming undersea mech and eel duo). $40.00, which is a bit much for the piece count, but a solid set nonetheless. I like transforming action in my Lego sets, so I picked it up.

The eel creature is a fun build, fun and not too loose or wobbly like some of the Atlantis creatures (looking at you, Guardian of the Deep). The main part of the build is the head with articulated jaw, red sunken eyes (nice use of what looks like fender pieces to make a unique looking head) and several ridges and fins to give texture to the eel. There's a ball and socket hinge from the first section to the second section, and then eight curved fin pieces that all connect to make the snakelike bottom part, each one with two yellow tooth pieces for a spiky, finny look. Since each fin piece rotates, you can pose the eel in lots of ways, both stretched out and snaking around things. Stretched out he's about a foot long.

The Undersea Explorer mech is a good build, two bags and most of the instruction booklet, but not all that hard, pretty much like most Lego mech kits. The transformation is nothing special, you just fold the legs back so the wheels touch the ground, and fold the arms back to nestle close to the legs. Nothing connnects, but it stays in place well enough. There is a good pilot area with opening canopy, decent articulation for the mech (no knees, but ball jointed ankles), and while the hand assembly could have used a wrist, I like how they did the hand with the round clear red bulb pieces as fingertips.

One thing I didn't notice from the box art originally is that there's a back piece consisting of two joined fin pieces with a large open propeller on the top. This is pretty nice as it covers up the folded up bits in crawler mode, and it looks like that would provide some good propulsion in both modes. The hoses connect from that piece to both arms. The mech is pretty poorly armed with just two flick fire missiles and the large technic launcher as one of its hands, but it looks like it could crush some things with its hand too.

All in all I liked this set, though I think it's a bit overpriced, it does have lots of play value and the transformation is pretty decent. I think if you have $40.00 to spend on a Lego set, you'd be better off getting the Lunar Limo, but this is a good set too.

Tim

"toy geek"

Edited by TimToyGeek

Oh no, this is what I was fearing...

The portal set is apparently $160. Not much of a money-saver, as getting what I originally planned is around that price.

I have calculated approximations of prices, and it seems getting the portal and another set with the manta warrior is my best bet. The manta warrior impulse is nowhere to be seen, though.

This may just well be my most expensive purchase on a single set...

It depends on what you need from the set. I found someone on bricklink who sold the figs for 30 something bucks, and since I only wanted the figs, I bought them over there instead of the whole set.

No, the Portal Of Atlantis is only $100.Trust me, I have it.

I think Delta 38 is saying that its $160 in Australia.

LegoGalactus

Well, I just recently got Deep Sea Striker and The Atlantis Exploration HQ a few weeks ago. default_classic.gif I must say, they are both quite nice sets and I will try to get a review for Deep Sea Striker up later today. However, I liked the Exploration HQ more.

So what's everyone's favorite set from the new Atlantis wave? I wanna pick one up, but I'm not sure which to get.

So what's everyone's favorite set from the new Atlantis wave? I wanna pick one up, but I'm not sure which to get.

My favourites are Neptune Ship,Discovery HQ and Portal(don't have HQ and Portal).Snapper and transformer sets are good too(they have a lot of new pieces),but overpriced.

I think Delta 38 is saying that its $160 in Australia.

LegoGalactus

Yes, I was saying that. It's not released here until September, so I'm not totally sure.

It depends on what you need from the set. I found someone on bricklink who sold the figs for 30 something bucks, and since I only wanted the figs, I bought them over there instead of the whole set.

I have only gotten one Atlantis set so far (the Wreck Raider) which was from impulsive buying. I'm in need of the minifigs and keys, but I don't really mind spending more to get the set itself. I don't buy off Bricklink, and I would not buy minifigs for such a price anyhow.

Quick question for everyone :grin: does anyone know where they sell #8080 Undersea Explorer? i'm guessing it might be at Target but i was wondering if anyone knew for sure :laugh:

Quick question for everyone :grin: does anyone know where they sell #8080 Undersea Explorer? i'm guessing it might be at Target but i was wondering if anyone knew for sure :laugh:

It will definitely be at LEGO Brand stores and probably Toys R Us. No telling if it'll be at target or not. Your best bet would probably be to order it online.

It will definitely be at LEGO Brand stores and probably Toys R Us. No telling if it'll be at target or not. Your best bet would probably be to order it online.

I can see it being a end of the year Target exclusive. TRU already has the snapper set as their exclusive.