RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

I really don't see why you people hate Vezon. He's by far one of my favorite characters, and breaks up the otherwise intense monotony of most MU story with his awesome sense of black humor. :sceptic:

I don't hate Vezon. In fact, I like him. He brings humor to BIONICLE. And we need that once in a while.

Fans of EVERYTHING have at least one thing to complain about.

Anyways, Bionicle is dead to me. Once Mata Nui wins his giant robot fight, which you know he will, the storyline is over. It's time to look towards new things instead of complaining about the past. Wheeeeeee.

Ugh, PLEASE no Vezon D:

He is officially the most annoying and pointless character ever. Maybe he was cool as a raging homicidal maniac in 2006, but ever since the serials he's like a comic relief character, only lower. Like, Matau, only instead of being serious on occasion he's just always a joke. An unfunny joke at that. Yet Greg insists on putting him in pretty much every MU serial :S

Meh.

I hope he just dies in the alternate universe.

~ck

Perhaps, except that there's a problem with that statement - namely that a lot of people think he is funny, at least according to the recent "what's your favorite character" topic on BZP. I'm positive that Vezon's large amount of exposure has something to do with his high popularity among BZP members - and a few fans complaining about him on a site that Greg doesn't even visit isn't going to change that. :tongue:

Perhaps, except that there's a problem with that statement - namely that a lot of people think he is funny, at least according to the recent "what's your favorite character" topic on BZP. I'm positive that Vezon's large amount of exposure has something to do with his high popularity among BZP members - and a few fans complaining about him on a site that Greg doesn't even visit isn't going to change that. :tongue:

GREG DOES VISIT! HE DOES!

He has to... :cry_sad:

Meh, I don't read the story, so I don't care. Time to hibernate until Hero Factory rolls out the HQ pics.

GREG DOES VISIT! HE DOES!

He has to... :cry_sad:

Meh, I don't read the story, so I don't care. Time to hibernate until Hero Factory rolls out the HQ pics.

A site with leaked pics everywhere? I don't think Greg's even allowed to visit this place.

A site with leaked pics everywhere? I don't think Greg's even allowed to visit this place.

Who said leaked? I just said HQ pics.

Now let me sleep, its 9:40 AM already....

(funny logic)

Now let me sleep, its 9:40 AM already....

it's TOTAL PWNAGE

Those are the two funniest things I've read here for a while. Just felt the need to say it somewhere. Also I exist. And will continue lurking.

I had no idea I had as many as 40 posts here.

Edited by Illari

it's TOTAL PWNAGE

Those are the two funniest things I've read here for a while. Just felt the need to say it somewhere. Also I exist. And will continue lurking.

I had no idea I had as many as 40 posts here.

What was so funny?

Who here is going to go back and buy all the old sets they missed off of Bricklink?

What was so funny?

Who here is going to go back and buy all the old sets they missed off of Bricklink?

I doubt I am. Of the sets I missed, there aren't any that enthrall me. Mostly the Metru Nui Matoran, Lesovikk (and my brother managed to buy the built figure alone from last year's Brickfair), the Boxor... that's about it, really. Of course, that's counting my sets along with those of my two siblings.

What I'd more likely end up doing is tidying the basement and thus earning back the parts my dad has had to shovel over the years (long story). Then hopefully some of our older sets (Bahrag, Manas, etc.) can be rebuilt. But that plan requires cooperation from my little brother, since I'll be at college most of the time, so I'm not sure how long it might take.

What was so funny?

I'll probably do a little bit of shopping, yes... still need the Bahrag - and I have the money! - so I'll have to see about grabbing them new (hopefully) after I exhaust my album list. Maybe Kohrak, too; considering he's the only Bohrok I've been unable to rebuild (never found the parts for him...)

I might make a move for some of the more recent stuff, too; should I have money leftover - I still want Ackar, for all the recolored limbs; and maybe, maybe Skopio, if he's really as great as people say it is. That's not to mention the gold-mine of MOCing material it is, too; should I ever decide to scrap it...

Other than that, I really don't have any 'big' holes in my collection; and if there are, they're occupied by sets that I really don't want. IE: Bohrok Kal, various Visorak, etc.

Edited by Hydrobius

I'll probably do a little bit of shopping, yes... still need the Bahrag - and I have the money! - so I'll have to see about grabbing them new (hopefully) after I exhaust my album list. Maybe Kohrak, too; considering he's the only Bohrok I've been unable to rebuild (never found the parts for him...)

I might make a move for some of the more recent stuff, too; should I have money leftover - I still want Ackar, for all the recolored limbs; and maybe, maybe Skopio, if he's really as great as people say it is. That's not to mention the gold-mine of MOCing material it is, too; should I ever decide to scrap it...

Other than that, I really don't have any 'big' holes in my collection; and if there are, they're occupied by sets that I really don't want. IE: Bohrok Kal, various Visorak, etc.

Skopio's kind of cool, but not nearly as fun as the Thornatus or Cendox. But you're right, in terms of MOCing potential it's a gold mine.

Something I'm wondering about is what sort of BIONICLE merchandise there might be this year. I mean, even Knights' Kingdom had some interesting gear in its dying year. But then EXO-FORCE didn't really have anything in 2008... Even if there's no neat BIONICLE gear for 2010, though, at least we can say we left off with some EPIC merchandise for '09 (like my BIONICLE baseball cap).

Skopio's kind of cool, but not nearly as fun as the Thornatus or Cendox. But you're right, in terms of MOCing potential it's a gold mine.

Something I'm wondering about is what sort of BIONICLE merchandise there might be this year. I mean, even Knights' Kingdom had some interesting gear in its dying year. But then EXO-FORCE didn't really have anything in 2008... Even if there's no neat BIONICLE gear for 2010, though, at least we can say we left off with some EPIC merchandise for '09 (like my BIONICLE baseball cap).

There was a BIONICLE baseball cap?

I don't think they'll bother to make merchandise for a toyline that's about to be ended.

The thing with EF was that it ended suddenly- They probably couldn't stop the early 2008 line so that's why we got tons of sets that year.

(And yes, there are BIONICLE caps. I have I got with Brickmaster in 2005 that I still wear. :tongue: )

I got that hat at Lego Land!

I got that hat at Lego Land!

It's a great hat, isn't it? I had another similar cap back in the day (pic), but it no longer fits. The new hat, however, is adjustable. And as with the stationery set which I also have, it's got that mawesome hexagonal motif alongside the classy-looking BIONICLE logos. Note that while in the US there isn't too much 2009 merch left, the UK and probably some other countries (too lazy to check :tongue: ) have it on S@H.

I know it's kinda unlikely that there'd be much BIONICLE merchandise this year-- after all, Knights' Kingdom was a lot different in that there was a much broader line of sets than Exo-Force or BIONICLE had in their closing years. But it'd still be cool to see at least something. No idea whether there's anything we can legitimately expect, though, or when we could expect it.

Meh, just got an answer on some questions I sent Greg. He ain't planning to bring Toa Ignika back after the comics and set-story are over.

Interest in Bionicle after march just went from 100% to 5% or so.

While you may not know it, but plenty of Lego staff visit this site from time to time. And in case you didn't notice, Bink is a member here and so is Front (set designer). I'm sure other staff are members too, and also pretty sure they are allowed to join sites as long as they are good at keeping their mouth shut (NDA and stuff).

-Omi

While you may not know it, but plenty of Lego staff visit this site from time to time. And in case you didn't notice, Bink is a member here and so is Front (set designer). I'm sure other staff are members too, and also pretty sure they are allowed to join sites as long as they are good at keeping their mouth shut (NDA and stuff).

-Omi

I have never even tried designing a set, and am not sure you would like the result, if I had a go at it :classic:

I have never even tried designing a set, and am not sure you would like the result, if I had a go at it :classic:

Wellllllll you work for Lego and you design, so close enough. :P

-Omi

Meh, just got an answer on some questions I sent Greg. He ain't planning to bring Toa Ignika back after the comics and set-story are over.

Interest in Bionicle after march just went from 100% to 5% or so.

Eh, I am a bit tired of the Ignika right now. That's about four or five years of the Ignika being an important object to the storyline.

Wellllllll you work for Lego and you design, so close enough. :P

-Omi

He designs the pieces, which is even better than set designing. :sweet:

In regards to the Ignika, I've been wondering what's happened to it. Currently it's lying inside Mata Nui's Proto-head, yet somehow it devolves Tahu back to Mata form. Does that mean Tahu goes into the Prototype GS, the Ignika gains long-range powers, or Mata Nui ejects the Ignika into the sands of Bara Magna?

Eh, I am a bit tired of the Ignika right now. That's about four or five years of the Ignika being an important object to the storyline.

But that's just it, all it has been treated as so far is just a deus-ex-machina to fix everything and to do everything. 2008 was the only year it got the chance to be more than just an object: it got a personality, and it could finally decide to do things fully on its own. Then the Nuva came along and ruined it all, and now Greg throws away any hope I had left for the Ignika having a chance to be treated better again by becoming a character instead of an object.

Very dissapointed, I am. And even more so because I bet you other characters like Vezon will run away with all the serial space, or (great beings help us) more alternate dimensions. And what will the Ignika get? Probably its damn boring chamber of life again. Way to say "thank you" to it after all it did. Seriously, Ignika is probably the most mistreated and neglected hero in Bionicle ever. I dare say that there will be no mentioning of him as a Toa at all on the wall of history in Metru Nui once Mata Nui kicks Teridax his behind. Yeah, that's how the hero who awoke Mata Nui in 2008 is treated. Like a pile of rock-steed droppings, to put it in Bionicle words.

I'm probably taking it too far, but hey, I liked Toa Ignika, he was the most daring character Bionicle ever decide to present to us, and I'll never get to see him again. :sceptic:

More character than all Inika combined, at least. He was very well written in "Shadows in the Sky", but he didn't even appear in Swamp of Secrets, and his part in The Final Battle was minor, only serving as a cheap way to wake up Mata Nui quickly. Of course, Greg had to get rid of his body somehow, but now that Mata Nui is out of the mask there's no reason whatsoever to not have Toa Ignika exist again. Not one that make storyline sense, at least. It's just Greg's whim. Storywise, I really, really doubt that after barely 4 days as a Toa or so, Ignika learned perfectly what life as a Toa was like. And wasn't that what it wanted, to learn what this 'friendship' was that determined what Matoro's last act was? Greg told me before that Ignika didn't even consider anybody in Karda Nui a friend as there was no time for that. But seeing as wanting friends was such a big factor in it deciding to become a Toa, how can it not want to try again after having no friends thanks to his first attempt at being alive being so rudely interrupted by the Toa Nuva?

Also, let us not forget that the Ignika did not want to give up its body at first. It didn't like the idea of being 'just a mask' again, and now I am expected to believe and take peace with the fact that the Ignika will remain a mask? No way, I'm not buying that.

End rant.

Edited by Refia

More character than all Inika combined, at least. He was very well written in "Shadows in the Sky", but he didn't even appear in Swamp of Secrets, and his part in The Final Battle was minor, only serving as a cheap way to wake up Mata Nui quickly. Of course, Greg had to get rid of his body somehow, but now that Mata Nui is out of the mask there's no reason whatsoever to not have Toa Ignika exist again. Not one that make storyline sense, at least. It's just Greg's whim. Storywise, I really, really doubt that after barely 4 days as a Toa or so, Ignika learned perfectly what life as a Toa was like. And wasn't that what it wanted, to learn what this 'friendship' was that determined what Matoro's last act was? Greg told me before that Ignika didn't even concern anybody in Karda Nui a friend as there was no time for that. But seeing as wanting friends was such a big factor in it deciding to become a Toa, how can it not want to try again after having no friends thanks to his first attempt at being alive being so rudely interrupted by the Toa Nuva?

Also, let us not forget that the Ignika did not want to give up its body at first. It didn't like the idea of being 'just a mask' again, and now I am expected to believe and take peace with the fact that the Ignika will remain a mask? No way, I'm not buying that.

End rant.

You know what -- send these arguments to Greg, because they are pretty convincing, and maybe he'll agree with yer.

Worth a try says I!

-Ikk