7170 Jimi Stringer

7147 XPlode

7148 Meltdown

7156 Corroder

7157 Thunder

See new topic created in Other Themes

*has massive spasms*

Exo-Force 2 lol. :tongue:

They seem to look promising, we'll have to wait until we get better pics of course...

Holy crap, the name on all the packages says "HerO" (with the capital O). Name of new line?

Zip, how'd you read that? The cans are so darn small on the page, and zooming only would seem to make it more blurry...

(wait, never mind, I've found out how to enlarge the picture...)

The names make me both lol and cry inside.

-K

Edited by Kiotu

Zip, how'd you read that? The cans are so darn small on the page, and zooming only would seem to make it more blurry...

Zoom 400%

I'm up for it if we get figs and more fusion-friendly parts.

I doubt it though.

I died when I read "XPlode"

[-TA-]

I am still laughing. WTF where Lego thinking? :tongue: I will still get them though.

LEGO® HERO FACTORY out in August in NZ

7164 Preston Stormer

7165 Natalie Breez

7167 William Blaze

7168 Duncan Bulk

7169 Mark Surge

7170 Jimi Stringer

7147 XPlode

7148 Meltdown

7156 Corroder

7157 Thunder

See new topic created in Other Themes

Ok, I shall ignore the name while buying them, so my brain won´t XPlode.

Hey, I just got this from the discussion in Other Themes, and since it hasn't been posted here, here it is. :classic:

Now Lego Bionicle existed for many years, and now comes the successor soon. The successor to be named Hero Lego Factory. Initially there will also be Bionicle on the product but will eventually Lego Bionicle Hero Factory replace 100%.

Of course, the toy also plenty of clothes from Lego Wear. It will be autumn 2010 the first Lego Hero Factory clothes are. There will still get a little Bionicle clothes, but the form really only for 2010.

Hmm...it will still bear the name Bionicle for a bit. That is odd, I must say, but I can see why they did it.

The English isn't great because it is a direct translation.

Edited by The crazy one

Exo-Force 2 lol. :tongue:

No, I'm pretty much certain that this will be 100 times lamer than Exo-Force ever was, even at it's lowest points. At least the names of the characters and vehicles were generic rather than ultra lame, and at least the storyline wasn't nearly as far out as this is sounding like it will be. :sick:

Seriously, this has fail written all over it. Forget all your criticisms and complaints about Bionicle's storyline - at least that line had a first year that basically no-one has ever majorly complained about, storyline-wise or set-wise. But I can't see this line getting the same results at all - in fact, with names these stupid, I'm begining to question if this line will even succeed. :hmpf:

I bet this will succeed, but in the way that themes like exo-force, Dino Attack, and Mars Mission did. It will last one or two years, then kids, and Lego, will get bored of it it and make a new, similar theme. hopefully that theme will be BIONICLE.

I bet this will succeed, but in the way that themes like exo-force, Dino Attack, and Mars Mission did. It will last one or two years, then kids, and Lego, will get bored of it it and make a new, similar theme. hopefully that theme will be BIONICLE.

Uh-uh, I think this is a long term replacement. This will probabley be a new Bionicle like lengthed theme. I think that was mentioned.

Edited by The crazy one

Uh-uh, I think this is a long term replacement. This will probabley be a new Bionicle like lengthed theme. I think that was mentioned.

They only have it planned for two years, but I'm sure that's what LEGO is TRYING to do. I just think it's going to fail because the concept is too simply for it, or kids just won't like it.

What made it tough for BIONICLE to survive was the story was teen-sized complicated, while the sets where made for kids. It was probably hard to keep kids buying since they couldn't get into the story. I think this theme will fail because the sets are better and more complicated then what the story portrays itself as. (Any theme with humans in armor has POWER RANGERS written all over it.)

No, I'm pretty much certain that this will be 100 times lamer than Exo-Force ever was, even at it's lowest points. At least the names of the characters and vehicles were generic rather than ultra lame, and at least the storyline wasn't nearly as far out as this is sounding like it will be. :sick:

Seriously, this has fail written all over it. Forget all your criticisms and complaints about Bionicle's storyline - at least that line had a first year that basically no-one has ever majorly complained about, storyline-wise or set-wise. But I can't see this line getting the same results at all - in fact, with names these stupid, I'm begining to question if this line will even succeed. :hmpf:

I was commenting on the fact that it sounded like they would have "Pilots" of some sort. Guess I was the only one who thought that. :tongue:

I have a really big question- why is everyone suddenly complaining about every damn thing LEGO does in the buildable action figures area BEFORE WE EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

The names are stupid yes- TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT. Wait until we get the story (if there is one) or even until the sets are out in store before we attack every little thing about it. We know nothing except these microscopic photos and the names, I mean, wait until we KNOW more stuff about it... God....

The_More_You_Know.jpg

:tongue:

Oh Dear Lord. That just absolutely killed any enthusiasm I had for this theme. What the crap is LEGO thinking with anmes like this!? Ugh, that names list totally made me cringe.

I don't know, I thought the names were pretty cool :tongue:

I doubt anything will have a story as deep or complex as BIONICLE's anyway.

~cap'n

I don't know, I thought the names were pretty cool :tongue:

I doubt anything will have a story as deep or complex as BIONICLE's anyway.

~cap'n

I couldn't HANDLE another story as deep or complex as BIONICLE. :tongue: I wonder if LEGO will try anyway....

The names are stupid yes- TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT

Actually, my personal opinion is that these names are stupid period. Not even the greatest storyline imaginable could make names like Preston Stormer, Mark Surge, and Xplode sound good to me. And seriously, the names themselves are enough to draw the premature but likely accurate conclusion that the whole line is going to be a step down when it comes to wider appeal. These names scream "only enjoyable by kids," and I bet even some kids will have a hard time laughing at them. :hmpf:

Heck, you know what this really sounds like? Power Rangers meets BattleToads, with a hint of biomechanicalness thrown in. Appealing, no? :tongue:

Edited by Grevious

Actually, my personal opinion is that these names are stupid period. Not even the greatest storyline imaginable could make names like Preston Stormer, Mark Surge, and Xplode sound good. And seriously, the names themselves are enough to draw the premature but likely accurate conclusion that the whole line is going to be a step down when it comes to wider appeal. These names scream "only enjoyable by kids," and I bet even some kids will have a hard time laughing at them. :hmpf:

Heck, you know what this really sounds like? Power Rangers meets BattleToads, with a hint of biomechanicalness thrown in. Appealing, no? :tongue:

I actually have to give you a point there- I didn't really read the names that carefully and they do sound really dumb. (The ones with human names anyway) :tongue:

Hang on.

I just realized something.

Does anyone remember that Greg has said that several movie companies wanted to do BIONICLE films with human kids and they said LEGO didn't want to do that?

And now we have BIONICLE-like sets that have human kid-sounding names...

:sick:

Edited by Darth Bionics

I wouldn't judge too soon, I know at least one series with stupid names that had a pretty darn good story.

It starts with a Beast and ends with a Wars.

when i was looking at the bionicle pictures from the catalog, the 3rd figure in the bottom row looks like the inkia jaller.

when i was looking at the bionicle pictures from the catalog, the 3rd figure in the bottom row looks like the inkia jaller.

I noticed that- I'm sure it's not but that would be a weird place for Inika Jaller to show up. :tongue:

What if they're humans in mechanical armor.

i.e. Iron man/Power Ranger kinda thing.

That's what it sounds like.

I just hope we don't get any creep KKII-like faces underneath the masks.

Please oh please let there be figs inside those transparent chests.

[-TA-]

What if they're humans in mechanical armor.

i.e. Iron man/Power Ranger kinda thing.

That's what it sounds like.

I just hope we don't get any creep KKII-like faces underneath the masks.

Please oh please let there be figs inside those transparent chests.

[-TA-]

Exo-force 2, like I said. :tongue:

It doesn't sound like there's going to be any system in this theme, but it doesn't look like they'll be any creepy heads.

Brrr....

Edited by Darth Bionics