RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

MNS #24 is up. Mata Nui notices the Ignika creating the Golden Armor for Tahu, who is, strangely enough, still in his Mistika form. Again, the scales are WAY OFF.

Also, has anyone noticed that MNS and Journey's End constantly refers Teridax simply as "Makuta"? It kinda annoys me a bit.

Since Teridax sounds like a crappy comic book villain, it's good. Makuta is much more mythologically awesome.

Since Teridax sounds like a crappy comic book villain, it's good. Makuta is much more mythologically awesome.

I like the name Teridax. Not really any better than Makuta or any worse in my eyes, but it certainly seems to suit him. It also feels more like a name than a title, which is what Makuta really is and has been used as since the beginning (hence "The Makuta").

Admittedly, though, Mata Nui does know his real name (hopefully), and never really had to use Makuta as a title of respect as the Matoran had, so one would think he'd refer to him as Teridax. And I think he did at one point in MNS, but it'd make sense if it were more consistent.

Huh, you're right.

then i dunno :]

First of the BIONICLE Battle Videos is up. It's pretty hotness. At first I thought it was stop-motion, but then my brother realized that the knees sometimes bent... so either it's decidedly photorealistic CGI, or someone out there has Agori limbs with bending knees. :oh:

The fact that the "hatch" from which the Rahkshi and Skakdi emerge is simply embedded in a rock is kind of awkward, but I suppose they wanted to make the video more accessible to people who didn't follow the story (for whom a ginormous metal wall in an otherwise empty desert would have made little sense). Perhaps they're planning to air these on television at some point?

Thanks for posting this, at first I thought Lego weren't going to do these.

I am really surprised that stop-motion was used, I think it's a first in an official bionicle video

I am almost certain it's stop-motion, they must use special flexible limbs.

It's defiantly interesting to see it used.

Not the biggest fan of the Nektann clones, which where made quite obvious but, hey what do you expect from a non-canon promo vid.

To me this surely looks like 3D rendered animation, with movements that makes it look a bit like Stop-motion at times.

How on earth does this video appear four months after launch ? We are getting closer to Hero Factory out in the stores.

Edited by Front

If I didn't hear that "purposely rendered to look stop-motion" thing, I would have just thought it had a terrible framerate.

To me this surely looks like 3D rendered animation, with movements that makes it look a bit like Stop-motion at times.

How on earth does this video appear four months after launch ? We are getting closer to Hero Factory out in the stores.

Because of the movable limbs, I considered CGI, but the images look too photo-realistic. It would be a strange tactic for a company like Ghost to devote large amounts of rendering time to make images so realistic, then sacrifice the animation to look like medium-budget stop-motion (the animation is definitely at least made to look like stop-motion).

Looking through the video again, at some points it looks like there is a black rod in the elbows of Tahu, which could mean customized bendable arms made for stop-motion.

Well, even the January comic had an ad that announced that these would be in March. Not sure what the marketing advantage is for that, but it's obviously either been LEGO's intention or something they can't avoid.

Plus, of course, there's the fact that BIONICLE web content will be continuing through 2011, even though the line is ending. Thus, it's possible that they want to stretch out the set stuff for the whole duration of sets being on sale, so that they can save any non-set-stuff for later in this year and next.

Seems like nobody even cares that MNS #25 is up. Basically, the GA is supposed to be scattered but the pic shows Nektann, a Skrall and a Rahkshi taking the pieces from Tahu.

And Aanchir, I think the whole "BIONICLE web going through 2011" only applies to BStory.com.

Edited by Phantoka Kopaka Nuva

Journey's End chp. 7 is up!

While the Glatorian try to distract Teridax, Gresh tries to sneak in. But an army of Rahkshi and Skakdi comes out, and fights the Glatorian. There's even a scene where Ackar slashes a Rahkshi's head off! And they discover a Kraata.

Gresh also meets up with Tahu, Takanuva and several other Toa, and they team up. On another side, Stronius and an army of Skrall charges toward the Glatorian.

This is so much better than the comic.

Bendable Agori arms would be EPICCCC. They have a Skrall vs Gresh vid up now. It's short, but quite good. I like these.

I actually really like how everything ties into each other at the right time. The media is pretty much all at the same part.

And the new chapter was AWESOME.

-ZotS

The new chapter was okay, it still felt rushed to me... And the new battle video, well, it was lame, sorry.

I've just noticed something: in chp. 7, Takanuva is still described as "white and gold". Shouldn't he have changed his color by now? Gotta ask Greg about this...

He's not going to immediately get a grasp of what's going on before heading out that door. He probably changes colour not long after beginning to look for the golden armor. Don't bother Greg with such minor trifles.

Well, Greg did say that Takky changed his color as soon as he entered BM. I'm pretty sure he knew that he had to change before going out of the MU so that he won't get much attention.

BTW, MNS #26 is up. Basically, MN is tired, and Teridax is not. But the pic makes it look more like MN is bowing down to Teridax.

Regarding Takanuva's color, also remember that the sets aren't always finalized when Greg writes the books. After all, in the novelization of "The Legend Reborn", Mata Nui was described as "white and gold".

It's possible that a color wasn't decided on for the Takanuva set at the time Greg wrote this, so Greg went with Takanuva's old colors.

Uhm... Guys, maybe... He will change colors later? Really, they didn't think about making him gold for sure, mainly because that would have killed the collect the "golden BIONICLE" for some.

Uhm... Guys, maybe... He will change colors later? Really, they didn't think about making him gold for sure, mainly because that would have killed the collect the "golden BIONICLE" for some.

I know they didn't think of making him gold. What I was saying is that perhaps his set's colors were undecided when Greg was writing it, so he just listed the old colors. Of course it's possible he'll change colors later, but if a color change is not explicitly stated in JE, that's my best guess as to why not.

It seems that nobody cares about BIONICLE anymore. Hardly anyone comes to this page...

Journey's End chp. 8 is up. Not much is new, though.......

MNS just got totally badass. MNS #28 is up, and

Teridax is about to step his stinky foot on everybody! RUN4YALIFE!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Does anyone visit this damn topic anymore!?!?!?! Am I the only one left!?!

Anyway, MNS #29 is up. Golden Tahu blasts the Rahkshi to oblivion. Great art, as usual. I'd like to see how the artist draws Teridax's death now......

EDIT2: This place is really abandoned... Anyway, Sahmad's Tale #3 is up.

I'm not sure how MNS will end. Tahu has already used the Golden Armor, but Teridax hasn't blasted the moons with Gravity yet... So how will he die?

Sahmad's Tale was great as usual. The reforming of Spherus Magna from a villain-point of view is interesting, and the quote of the week goes to Metus:

"They were rats! Of course they tasted strange!"