Skinny Boy

Apocalyptic Community Build - Building Time

That looks spectacular! The interior is quite inspirational for me, and I'm sure it can help me. It really does look like the thing is destroyed, yet full of life. Nice job.

Edited by Admiral M

That's freaking amazing Batbrick. I have been reassembling childhood sets of old pieces that I had lying around. Lots of missing pieces and some missing minifigs. =(. I have a Drawbridge Defence for the gray bricks. and some other duplicate sets that have a gray brick or two. So hopefully I can start on some post apoc stuff soon.

I used the remaining gray bricks to put this together. Wanted to see what I could come up with before taking apart other stuff I have built. No baseplates, so I just put smaller plates together, thus the odd placement of bricks on the floor.

3868233280_c706c72e16.jpg

I like the staircase the most.

3867452911_8d806ff429.jpg

3867452151_231c498d42.jpg

Edited by lego40k

Wow, nice work L40k, that really captures the essence of Post Apocalypse- It's really nothing but rubble. Great job on those stairs!

Yes, great staircase!

Batbrick, that's sensational, I love organised chaos! A lot to look at and discover, nice figs aswell :thumbup:

Skinnyboy, you may give my module to someone else if anyone is interested, I don't hav ethe time to build/MOC at the moment :cry_sad:

Keep building guys, a great start already!

Peace!

Thanks for all the comments guys, you're great. Any further developments from anyone else? I'm going to start my second part soon.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

I apologize for this but i'm no longer able to contribute a section to this project, someone else may have my square.

The reason for me giving up is my square kinda got out of control and has pretty much turned into a town on it's own taking up more than a 36 by 36 baseplate.

I apologize for this but i'm no longer able to contribute a section to this project, someone else may have my square.

The reason for me giving up is my square kinda got out of control and has pretty much turned into a town on it's own taking up more than a 36 by 36 baseplate.

Sooooooo? :laugh:

I'm sure we could find a way to fit it in. It's me, Batty and Skinny Boy now, and I don't want this build to die!

Well, I think this project might be dead but I'm going to post my second addition anyway:

pa040423.jpg

This is the strongest section of this part of the East wall, as it is entirely new, built over a road instead of incorporated into a fragile building:

pa040435.jpg

This section also has a crude system of drawing rain water into tanks as well as supporting a small vegetable garden:

pa040457.jpg

The machine gunner gunner is positioned behind the ladder to the top:

pa040451.jpg

The top section has no mounted gun, instead the guards are equipped with their own weapons and a stick of TnT. also included are some vegetables, a lamp and water:

pa040439.jpg

The two sections together:

pa040430.jpg

Comments appreciated!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Freakin' awesome.

Honestly, the 2 go perfectly together. I've started on my 3 builds, I still need an OK from thrash to use space 33. If anyone else wants to join in and put a MOC in somewhere, feel free to voluenteer!

Oh, and just wondering, what was it again that we were protection ourselves from again?

Edited by Admiral M

Freakin' awesome.

Honestly, the 2 go perfectly together. I've started on my 3 builds, I still need an OK from thrash to use space 33. If anyone else wants to join in and put a MOC in somewhere, feel free to voluenteer!

Oh, and just wondering, what was it again that we were protection ourselves from again?

Thanks, appreciate it Admiral M, I might start a thread for the two to get a bit more attention. Unfortunately I had to tear them both down last night for a new creation, so if I make a third space it won't be next to it, or I'll just have to take a picture from the front and edit in.

Still, I'll have to see if this project is continuing first before starting a new one myself.

Congrats Skipper, what are you doing? And do you think you could take on another square? We're fresh out of volenteers

Edited by Admiral M

Is it too late or can I have square 10 on the west side? I want to build a broken monument. I amgoing to add on something else on the moc too!

Hello everyone! It's my first time posting in a while, but this project really caught my attention. I have two questions:

Once everyone's stuff is in, is there going to be any way to see it all together. I suppose there are cons to meet at, and the LDD entries could be combined... :pir-sceptic:

And could I have squares 30 and 34? 30 for the town's groundwater well, and 34 for a lookout tower (to watch the town's inner areas). Can't wait to get to work!

~SD

I've never tried to build a Apocalypitc moc, but I'd sure like to try! Can I have a 16x16 square? Not worried about which one. Thinking of building a run down bar for lost souls to gather . . .

Ben

Sure! I like your idea, it might get this build moving yet.

Is it too late or can I have square 10 on the west side? I want to build a broken monument. I amgoing to add on something else on the moc too!

Sounds great! Maybe you can make a flagpole near it, and we can design a flag for our new nation. This settlement needs a monument.

Hello everyone! It's my first time posting in a while, but this project really caught my attention. I have two questions:

Once everyone's stuff is in, is there going to be any way to see it all together. I suppose there are cons to meet at, and the LDD entries could be combined... :pir-sceptic:

And could I have squares 30 and 34? 30 for the town's groundwater well, and 34 for a lookout tower (to watch the town's inner areas). Can't wait to get to work!

~SD

Glad to have you on the project, Steel Dragon. I think 30 and 34 are open. I'm not actually sure if we will ever meet, considering how far apart we are, and with airfare these days... Eventually, everything will be built in real bricks- I just don't have that many bricks of the right color in the real world yet. Basically the idea behind a community build is that a bunch of people get to gether to share their building experience. I think.

Hey I was wondering does anyone have an idea of an icon I could put on the flag near the memorial for my moc? Do you think I could find a link to get one from! Please help!

Glad to be aboard! I finished the watchtower today, I'm probably going to start the well and take pictures over the next week. I might build a house for my Post-Apoc sigfig too, while I'm at it.

~SD

Edited by Steel Dragon

Hey I was wondering does anyone have an idea of an icon I could put on the flag near the memorial for my moc? Do you think I could find a link to get one from! Please help!

I'm planning to use one of these on my 16x16. They are from the orient series, but would also suit post apoc.

I'm planning to use one of these on my 16x16. They are from the orient series, but would also suit post apoc.

I think Illl see if i could maybe use one of those.

Yes, it's a good symbol, but it needs to be about the size of a pirate flag from the new line. That way, it will be visible from multiple areas.

Yes, it's a good symbol, but it needs to be about the size of a pirate flag from the new line. That way, it will be visible from multiple areas.

I agree with you admiral M. Maybe a custom symbol that I could print out on the computer? Then add three holes and fit it on a pole?

I don't know, I think it still works if only for neat novelty, which I include a bit in my works.

Unfortunately I haven't built anything new for this project, I'm currently busy with a Batman project. I wish you guys the best of luck though and am very, very happy to have contribute. And if the Castle build is anything to go by, I reckon I still have plenty of time to get back in the game!