Skinny Boy

Apocalyptic Community Build - Building Time

My build is turning out bigger than planned. If possible, I'd also like to use module 15. I'm assuming, of course, that as this project gains popularity, the map will also grow, as in the Castle build.

My build is turning out bigger than planned. If possible, I'd also like to use module 15. I'm assuming, of course, that as this project gains popularity, the map will also grow, as in the Castle build.

If it gets huge, we can always build a smaller sister town or nearby outpost.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

I'm going to take up square 29 as well, and go 32 studs deep instead of the regular 16. If that's OK of course.
I'm still going to be building the wall section being repaired, I just don't have enough room for everything on a 16x16 baseplate.

I'm confused. Are you still building section 28, or just looking for a 32x32 section? Right now, we're trying to keep things simple, so would you rather build the town entrance?

Here's the LDD Plan for my 3 squares:

*snip*

Edit: Just realized that I didn't put in a wall. Am I and my MOC screwed?

Also, I think it will be a bit tough to include a wall with in less than 16 studs AND include a decent building. I propose that everyone use an 8x16 baseplate to build their wall, and put it on the back of every modular piece. I also think we should make a standard for this wall, like how tall it should be, how wide, and how long, like in the modular castle build.

What I propose would be something like this:

*snip*

Well, somebody's definitely in keeping with the Castle Builds' inspiration. That house looks pretty well kept to be built from scratch, especially with two storey's. IMO, you ought to rethink it.

As for the map change, that was a consideration. I just thought people wouldn't have enough baseplates to do so, and we'd get a few people who'd just wanna build a wall with nothing else.

The standard isn't exactly important. The wall is makeshift, built from scrap (funny, i'm getting Déjà vu right now). Built from anything and evrything the survivers could find and spare: scrap metal, wood, half destroyed cars, whatever you want. And like I said earlier, it gives people a chance to be creative, such as landscape features being taken advantage of.

You bet your sweet Post Apoc Mecha it will. But for now, you're down for 14+15. :classic:

Now, I didn't get everybody else in. Some people didn't specify what they were building, and others contradicted themselves with previous and later words.

My school is coming along nicely. Only a few sneak peeks on Flickr at the moment, but I hope to get some good pics in a few days.

Gosh, you're so hard to please :tongue:

Alright, for my first house, i'll board up the windows, cut off half the roof, blow up one wall on the second floor, and put in a machine gun post somewhere.

For the wall, can I build a half stud outward from the 16x16 baseplate (not into someone elses Moc) ? That way, I could put in one of those metal grate things.

Could you deeplink that picture? the folder won't be public for another 1-5 hours.

Hi for the board on the bottom of our moc, do you mind if we use the normal sized boards instead of the type in the pic below. Pic not mine.

4727_parts_2.jpg

Thanks

Eskallon

Hi for the board on the bottom of our moc, do you mind if we use the normal sized boards instead of the type in the pic below. Pic not mine.

4727_parts_2.jpg

Thanks

Eskallon

Well, we all have to use the same thing, and it would probably look better with a 16x16 baseplate. What were you planning to build?

Edited by Admiral M

Well for my 16*16 one I am doing the graveyard and for the 32*32 I am still thinking. The reason I asked is not because I don't have the baseplate but instead I only have one 16*16 so I was thinking about doing another 16 times 16 on other plates.

P.S-I was planning on building a small supply shop. E.g with wood, metal etc

I made my section of the wall. I'll deeplink the picture shortly. :thumbup:

I built a large(ish) truck, could be for supplies or weapons:

lddscreenshot158.png

I put large grid pieces on the backs of my buildings for added defence:

lddscreenshot155.png

And I put a gun turret on the 2nd floor of the house:

lddscreenshot156.png

United Brick, which square would you like?

Edited by Admiral M

I built a large(ish) truck, could be for supplies or weapons:

lddscreenshot154.png

United Brick, which square would you like?

also do you have custom weps I might trade mine (maabey Ill trade walter too :pirate: )

4727_parts_2.jpg

Thanks

Eskallon

Sorry Eskallon, I don't think you can. I just realized that then those people with 32x23 baseplates would need heaps of

6x16 plates just to build the bases of their MOCs. So it would complicate things greatly.

also do you have custom weps I might trade mine (maabey Ill trade walter too :pirate: )

I don't have any customs, I wish I did, though. Who's Walter?

Also, what is going to be placed in the blank areas between the town center and the normal houses?

Edited by Admiral M

Hi United Brick

I understand you will be contacting Admiral M. If you do not mind could you show me too either by P.M or by posting here. I think it could be helpful for me too know.

Thanks

Eskallon