Joey Lock

HMS Unicorn Teaser

Yeah, you might be right Joey, the ship really is looking good like that, and if you like to keep those 125 guns, its your choice not us. And what comes to Le Forgeux, its gonna be in big trouble when this ship will come on to the horizon and will challenge it and pulls it into the battle :pir-tongue: But, what you have to redesing of the ship? Masts of course but what else?

Captain Becker

I want to make it more Brick efficient, The Inside of the Ship is a mess, scattered with multicoloured bricks for support and the hull is connected using pratically all of my tile collection, That why I haven't been able to make many MOC's since. :pir_laugh2:

Using bricks and pre-fab hulls, What Pirates was all about. No fancy expensive brick built hulls, The HMS Unicorn is...

...Ill attempt to offset it when I make a brick built hull but for now...

...It is still on Prefabs but I will eventually try a Brickbuilt hulled full sizer like Blackmoors...

:pir-sceptic: I'm disappointed to hear that you don't want to make it on brickbuild's anymore.. You don't have to use CGH's technique, but just a brickbuild hull will look very good on such a big ship. Please reconsider it, there is still plenty of time left to make it. (so perhaps, somewhere in the future?) :pir-classic:

:pir-sceptic: I'm disappointed to hear that you don't want to make it on brickbuild's anymore.. You don't have to use CGH's technique, but just a brickbuild hull will look very good on such a big ship. Please reconsider it, there is still plenty of time left to make it. (so perhaps, somewhere in the future?) :pir-classic:

If I were to make a brickbuilt hull, I'd need some help from Henk *Ahem* Captain Blackmoor, To guide me :pir_laugh2: But for sure, However, I think I want to keep the HMS Unicorn as it is, Then build a brickbuilt sister ship for her, Or a brickbuilt Ironclad like the HMS Warrior :pir-tongue:

Well, if we're going to England next summer (or winter) he might be able to help. But and ironclad is also a great (and original) idea. It's always good to have some ideas in mind for later projects :pir-sweet:

Well, if we're going to England next summer (or winter) he might be able to help. But and ironclad is also a great (and original) idea. It's always good to have some ideas in mind for later projects :pir-sweet:

You should have come this Summer! :pir_bawling:

But hey, Next Summer will be good! I should have my Wehrmacht Project started by then so I can focus on planning a rebuild or new ship! :pir_laugh2:

wow, that is huge and a very nice piece of brick-art!

do you mind of sharing your bow build techniqe? for the poenix i've tried it over 6 times, and the result was so bad i didnt want to place it online i was to a shamed of myself.

but your ship is realy lovely! to bad its a (red coat) british ship. hahahaha

keep on the good work and i cant wait untill we see te final result

claus

I don't think that there has been a ship with more than 110 guns so this is such an ambitious project. and about the multicolored factor, since I don't have enough bricks, all of my past MOCs have been multicolored, so don't worry about it. nothing wrong with a bit of color :pir_laugh2:

That is pretty cool, carry on building!

Also add a brig to imprison Bluecoats as well, as we don't want to kill them all because we don't yet understand the strange beings that call themselves "Bluecoats"

nice!

but i can't understand the meaning of the free stud in the lower slopes...

how many mid sections does she takes? :)

Page 4

The Unicorn is a 12 mid-sectioned with around 125 Cannons.

Captain Becker

In recent months (since around September 2011) till now I've been hectically busy with my A2 Course at Sixth Form and have had barely any time with LEGO, Only building small mocks such as a self propelled anti-tank gun and collect a few Romans from the collectible minifigs series during a free lesson I had to pop to Sainsburys in time. I have had the time yes, but just not the energy or enthusiasm to bother, LEGO Is my hobby yes but if I rebuild the Unicorn, spend another £100 odd pounds and another month re-designing the sections I want to, I can't see it being to the best of ability that it could be. However I walked into my brothers room (My old room) and saw it there, slowly bits fall off when my brother moves stuff and thinks cause I've taken bits off it for other mocs, it's not in use anymore, But I saw it and I remembered how much it made me happy, it was one of the main things I actually had a interest and was proud of, so I broke off the front section, the bow and 2 prefabs and decided to rebuild it, to see it in its former glory as most of the big sections are still intact. I realised when running out of bricks to use, I rushed the black sides, making them very uneven, using inverted slope bricks as replacements for 1x1 bricks I didn't possess. It couldn't had an interior with bricks like that sticking out inside. So I decided what would be a good idea, and also easier for moving it would to be cut it into 3 prefab hull sections each, using technic tubes to connect them and other connections I'll work out eventually. This would also be easier to complete the interior as it would be similar to cross-sectioning the ship and decks into sections.

The Unicorn will come back, and will look better, although I wanted to fully interior and tile the decks that will come later on, during the Summer when I finish education for good. But for now, the Unicorn is slowly coming back. :pir-grin: