Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

P.s. their making a spongebob movie 2?

YES! And I feel like a little kid watching the trailers. I'm so excited!

Finished up with the most recent Legend of Korra episode. I love these sorts of development episodes as they really set the tone for what is to come. I just hope that the upcoming battle isn't short lived. It's also nice to see that Zhu Li had the courage to stand up for what she thought, I just hope that that quick spark that we saw flicker between her and Varick becomes something before the road ends...

The Kuvira/Suyin Battle is one that I've been clamoring for!

Man, that last Korra episode was such a lazy filler. I hate it when shows do that. I gotta admit, though, Varrick's story was friggin hilarious. The Unalaq parts killed me! :roflmao: That redeemed the episode a little bit, but I really hope the next episode will be a really good one again.

And am I the only one who is kind of disappointed with this season of TMNT? Most of the episodes are just really strange and/or boring. So far they haven't done anything except sit around on April's farm and fight weird mutants like Napoleon Dynamite frogs and Freddy Krueger beavers. :wacko: We're six episodes in already, so I hope they finally return to NYC (and the main plot) soon.

I don’t know if lazy filler is the best way to describe it, maybe rather making the best of a bad situation if you want a positive spin on it:

http://bryankonietzk...out-episode-408

Ah, that explains it. I knew the creators of this great show wouldn't just do a clips episode for no good reason, but I didn't know they made an announcement like that. This makes me hate Nick even more now. :hmpf_bad: But like I said, at least the Varrick part was great, and it's good to know that stuff gets real in the remaining episodes! :thumbup:

My favorite cartoon right now is Gravity Falls, followed closely by Wander Over Yonder. Gravity Falls is about the Pines twins' (Dipper and Mabel) summer in Gravity Falls, Oregon with their grunkle (great uncle) Stan, who owns the tourist trap the Mystery Shack. (With season 1 taking place in June 2012 and season 2 taking place in July 2012. If season 3 were to come, it'd take place in August 2012.) While there, Dipper finds a journal that details strange creatures and occurrences relating to Gravity Falls. The first season focuses more on the twins' (and Wendy and Soos from the Mystery Shack) summer while involving the supernatural creatures, while building up the season's villain and Dipper's desire to find the journal's author and uncover all the secrets of the town. The second season revolves around the search for the author as the stakes get higher and certain things happen which I can't talk about cause spoilers. It's a really great show with a strong sense of continuity and really well written stories, character and humor. The animation is really nice, too. Since it's not made as a sort of renewable cartoon like Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls will likely end either with season 2 or season 3. A shame, but every good story has an end in mind and at least it prevents it from running out of ideas. On the other hand, Wander Over Yonder is much less focused on the story and continuity and instead focuses primarily on the atmosphere, characters and its humor. Its atmosphere is also less creepy and mysterious ala Gravity Falls and much more lighthearted and fun. It follows the adventures of the humanoid alien Wander and his horse-ish alien friend Sylvia through space, as well as their run-ins with villain Lord Hater. It sounds dumb but it's hilarious, the humor is really clever and the episodes are really uplifting. I definitely recommend giving these two a peek. Gravity Falls starts a little slow but starts picking up the pace within a couple episodes and by the first season finale it'll have you hooked. Wander Over Yonder is more open about what order you watch the episodes (although season 2 will have a multi-episode story arc, which should be awesome).

In terms of anime, I've only recently started watching anime (except Pokemon which I've watched before). My first anime was Death Note, which I really liked. Just wish ep 26-37 was closer to the manga. Then I watched Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) and I absolutely loved it. Fantastic plot and characters and quickly took my favorite spot. I started Soul Eater and I really enjoyed it, although I haven't been able to pick it up again. I watched the first episode of Sword Art Online and, once again, liked it but haven't been able to pick it up again. Soon, though, I have some time off and I plan to watch some more Soul Eater and SAO as well as start another one my friend highly recommended: Akame ga Kill. I also wanna start Code Geass, but I'll have to pace myself. :P

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

THE LEGEND OF KORRA to Return to TV

I'm so confused... I'm happy about this decision, but Nick really needs to make up their minds about what they want to do with this show.

I give up. I don't understand why Nick can't decide what to do with what is undoubtedly one of the best shows they have on air right now. But whatever it is, it doesn't affect me or most of the show's fans anyway, since most of us watch it online already whether or not it's on TV.

To comment on the previous episode: It was extremely disappointing, definitely the worst episode of the show, ATLA included. I do understand why Bryke had to do it, and I empathise. I just wish they had done something like create a Kickstarter for the funds they needed to finish what would probably be 80% of an episode (since there was some new animation mixed in with the old). I'm sure us fans would be more than happy to give what they need. But there's probably some corporate mumbo-jumbo preventing them from doing that, which is a real pity. Oh well. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Well, Kuvira's Gambit was one hell of a thing. *oh2*

There was something beautiful about this week's episode. Whether it was the fact that the end is nigh, or something else entirely (something about the lighting in this episode just speaks "Grand Finale" to me...). The Giant Mech was completely surprising (not to mention, a little outrageous). The Kuvira/Bataar Jr. feels tho...

I can't believe that the Series Finale is next Friday! The last two episodes will be airing live on TV alongside the TV premier of Kuvira's Gambit, and online as well.

I've got a lot to talk about with Korra's series finale, but hot damn was it really good!

Edited by Kintobor

There were just so many wonderful things that happened in the Korra finale. It will truly go down in history.

Just to get it out of the way, I've never been one of the "Korrasami" shippers, so the very end didn't feel right to me.

The show itself was intense. I loved every moment of it. Kuvira's last stand was completely unexpected, but what happened certainly sets the stage for more to happen if need be.

Hiroshi's sacrifice was unexpected, but wasn't out of the question.

Probably the best part was Varrick proposing to Zhu Li. It was evident that there was going to be some sort of relationship that would spark, I just never expected that! It was spontaneous, and fit Varrick's character perfectly. I loved it!

So long Korra. You will be missed.

The Korra finale was indeed very good.

I wasn't a big fan of Korrasami either, but I don't mind it. It's certainly progressive and I admire it for that. It felt a bit like it came out of nowhere, although there were hints throughout this season such as Korra's letters and it's understandable why they had to downplay it until the very end. Verrick's wedding also felt kinda rushed, but like Penkid11 said, it fit his character. Overall I'm very satisfied with this ending and they left it open enough to continue it, so I hope we will see more from Korra and the gang, although it probably wont be on Nickelodeon.

By the way, are there any Black Dynamite fans here? I didn't like the movie very much, but I really like the animated series. It's like The Boondocks cranked up to 11! The season 2 finale The Wizard of Watts was great, probably the best episode of the series yet. It had everything that makes this show so good: Stylish animation, hilarious satire, lots of puns and references, and great song parodies, the best of which was easily Basehead's "Junkie's Delight". The only part I didn't like was the one with That Frog Kurtis which was just gross. I recommend checking it out.

Straight from the horses mouth. Equestria Daily has MLP's season five release date and a new behind the scenes trailer. The release date for season 5 is April 4. Not too much longer to go!

GET HYPE!

Anyone else reminded of that one fandom game Story of the Blanks? The kind of retro Game Boy styled game where Apple Bloom finds a town of ponies who have no cutie mark? Take that, but add in some Stepford Wives and you have what I got from this trailer. The Stepford Ponies.

Yay!

Speaking of Hasbro, is anyone looking forward to Transformers: Robots In Disguise? Although it's a sequel to TF Prime, it seems to be very different. It has a more kid-friendly look and tone which is a bit discouraging. I've never been a fan of cell-shaded animation, although it doesn't look too bad in this case. It looks like a mix between TF Prime and TF Animated, both visually and tonally. Being a fan of both shows, I hope this will be good.

Yay!

Speaking of Hasbro, is anyone looking forward to Transformers: Robots In Disguise? Although it's a sequel to TF Prime, it seems to be very different. It has a more kid-friendly look and tone which is a bit discouraging. I've never been a fan of cell-shaded animation, although it doesn't look too bad in this case. It looks like a mix between TF Prime and TF Animated, both visually and tonally. Being a fan of both shows, I hope this will be good.

I am. I just have no idea when it airs... or if it already has.

Prime was such a wonderful series. I hope that RiD will be able to follow in its footsteps.

Edited by Penkid11

According to Wikipedia, it premieres March 14.

And yes, while it seems to be aimed at a younger audience judging by the previews, I do hope it will live up to the standard of Prime.

According to Wikipedia, it premieres March 14.

Awesome!

I decided to watch Cowboy Bebop a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was going to be brushed off due to it's age. Instead I binge watched the entire series. I absolutely loved it! The style of the world that these characters lived in. The personalities of each of those characters. And OH! the music! Such a wonderful blend that I haven't experienced in anything outside of RWBY.

I also watched Death Note. It was fantastic and thrilling, until...

L is killed by Rem and everything starts to lose it's luster.

That anime has probably the worst OP and ED during its second season that I have ever heard in any anime series to date .

Fairy Tail's first series just wrapped up its dub, so I'm hoping to get that finished off here soon. And then watch the movie after.

Then it's off to watch Claymore

I decided to watch Cowboy Bebop a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was going to be brushed off due to it's age. Instead I binge watched the entire series. I absolutely loved it! The style of the world that these characters lived in. The personalities of each of those characters. And OH! the music! Such a wonderful blend that I haven't experienced in anything outside of RWBY.

Already saw Bebop, but I'm going to take a moment to brag about the fact that I have the Amazon exclusive Blu-ray box set. It's glorious. And of course, the show is as well. It's so nice to watch it again. Just finished watching Ballad of Fallen Angels. I must say, I do enjoy how they handle and slowly reveal the plot in this show.

Robots in Disguise was mentioned. Excited for it, and I hear it's an excellent show. People describe it as being fun, so that's always good.

Also, anyone else watching the anime The Rolling Girls? It's a new show and super great; I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Even better, despite being new, it already has a dub. Go, Funimation!

I never watched much Transformers outside of the 80s movie and some other bits and parts of G1 (And the first Bay film, but we don't talk about those) but I'm hoping this doesn't end up like Avengers Assemble vs. Earth's Mightiest Heroes where one is a kiddier version of the other (Assemble is kiddier than EMH) and suffers for it. I have faith it'll be good, since Prime, from what little I saw, was great.

Well, no laptop means Peppermint watches her anime dvds. Just finished Ghost in the Shell: Innocence having watched the original last night.

These two films are art at its finest.

God I really miss Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I remember obsessively fangirling over the ending of season 1 and eagerly awaiting season 2.

Same, that was an awesome show, but Avengers Assemble isn't the greatest. Then again, Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a tough act to follow anyway.