WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

I think these flip-masks on the vehicle riders are a great idea (the only questionable one being Baranus/Thornatus). A way for the designers to keep costs low and provide a variety of colors and looks to multiple characters. I agree with whoever said its almost like having mask pasks again.

T-Nui

I didn't say it that way but close. ;;D Whatever happened to Front's Vastus review? I can't seem to find it, if it's on the second page of bionicle threads then it's not showing, for some reason only half of the page shows. ??? If it's still the area that won't show for me, could someone please link me?

Thanks

Edited by BrotherDog

I didn't say it that way but close. ;;D Whatever happened to Front's Vastus review? I can't seem to find it, if it's on the second page of bionicle threads then it's not showing, for some reason only half of the page shows. ??? If it's still the area that won't show for me, could someone please link me?

Thanks

Front never made a Vastus review. Vertea made one, here.

~Bunda

Alright I just got back from Toys R Us and they had all 6 Glatorian Legends. I only bought Mata Nui because I have ordered all the others online, but I also bought another MN and Stronius for my friend.

So Mata Nui is amazing. I mean, he's just awesome. I'll get a review up ASAP, I'm taking some pictures right now. :)

Someone was asking if Perditus and Sahmad's masks are flip, and I can safely say that they aren't.

3281174899_edb7618028_o.jpg

I mean, I suppose there's enough clearance at the back of the mask to work, but I don't think it's intended.

On another note, I think that mask looks extraordinarily like a smaller less rocky version of Stronius' helm.

Oh hey, I just found a gallery of someone who MOCed the Titan Mata Nui, seemingly set-perfect.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=387620

It actually makes the new set look pretty good. :thumbup:

Regarding the flip masks, I like them. Do you know how many of the graphite/silver vezon masks I go through in a typical month? I'd say about 10 throughout MOCs, 5 in customs, and like 3 in the bin.

That's 18 right their.

I can't wait to get some of the new flip masks from Kaxium(two!) and Cendox.

I even made Kirop's mask into a flip masks. Next time yo have your handy look at the top. It has a design similar to a knight/gladiator on it.

Oh hey, I just found a gallery of someone who MOCed the Titan Mata Nui, seemingly set-perfect.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=387620

It actually makes the new set look pretty good. :thumbup:

Regarding the flip masks, I like them. Do you know how many of the graphite/silver vezon masks I go through in a typical month? I'd say about 10 throughout MOCs, 5 in customs, and like 3 in the bin.

That's 18 right their.

I can't wait to get some of the new flip masks from Kaxium(two!) and Cendox.

I even made Kirop's mask into a flip masks. Next time yo have your handy look at the top. It has a design similar to a knight/gladiator on it.

Nuparu mahri, axxon and lewa pphantoka's mask has openings and when flipped goes well

Had anyone bothered to check if the Vehicle instructions are up on any of those lego reference sites? You know, the ones that were found by BZP?

Had anyone bothered to check if the Vehicle instructions are up on any of those lego reference sites? You know, the ones that were found by BZP?

Have you? :hmpf:

From what I've seen, they either show up on Brickley's Words or on LEGO.com themselves. I think, at this point, you are best off just checking LEGO's reference in the Customer Service area. For the past year or so, they are having the instructions up before Brickley's Words cross-references them. I believe that the only time we got the instructions early was for the Mahri in March of 07.

The latest instruction on LEGO is half of the new castle Troll Mountain Fortress. Just checked, no sign of Legends or vehicles yet.

I'm betting the instructions should be on BIONICLE.com when the new site goes live in the first weeks of July. Given the availability of vehicles and Titans in recent years, they should be available at the same time or before the sets themselves become available.

VK

From what I've seen, they either show up on Brickley's Words or on LEGO.com themselves. I think, at this point, you are best off just checking LEGO's reference in the Customer Service area. For the past year or so, they are having the instructions up before Brickley's Words cross-references them. I believe that the only time we got the instructions early was for the Mahri in March of 07.

The latest instruction on LEGO is half of the new castle Troll Mountain Fortress. Just checked, no sign of Legends or vehicles yet.

I'm betting the instructions should be on BIONICLE.com when the new site goes live in the first weeks of July. Given the availability of vehicles and Titans in recent years, they should be available at the same time or before the sets themselves become available.

VK

Although... with the early arrival of the Legends, I think we might be seeing the vehiculars pretty soon, too.

Alright I have all 6 Glatorian Legends now. ^_^

Favorite is probably Stronius right now. He's so bulky and awesome. And the goose neck is not a problem at all. I love how his shoulder armor is adjustable, and his helmet fits right between them. Second is a tough call. I love Vastus and Kiina, but Mata Nui is so full of win that he probably wrestles in there. Third would then go to Vastus, followed by Kiina, then Ackar, then Gelu. And even Gelu is amazing. This group is at least as good as the Winter Glatorian, and probably better. Although they all hold the Thornax in such a brutish manner. I wish they'd all held it like Gresh does, except maybe Stronius.

I will get good pics of them ASAP, and I have a quick gallery of Mata Nui already up here. :D I'm so happy right now xD

Alright I have all 6 Glatorian Legends now. ^_^

Favorite is probably Stronius right now. He's so bulky and awesome. And the goose neck is not a problem at all. I love how his shoulder armor is adjustable, and his helmet fits right between them. Second is a tough call. I love Vastus and Kiina, but Mata Nui is so full of win that he probably wrestles in there. Third would then go to Vastus, followed by Kiina, then Ackar, then Gelu. And even Gelu is amazing. This group is at least as good as the Winter Glatorian, and probably better. Although they all hold the Thornax in such a brutish manner. I wish they'd all held it like Gresh does, except maybe Stronius.

I will get good pics of them ASAP, and I have a quick gallery of Mata Nui already up here. :D I'm so happy right now xD

Congrats, dude! Isn't Stronius just epic???The adjusting shoulders was one of the FIRST things I noticed when I got him-it makes him a LOT easier to pose that it appeared. Also, the goose neck gives him that monstrous look that suits him and his whole appearance.

Vastus is pretty epic, especially with that pipe.

As far as the others go, I have yet to pick them up, so which two would you recommend? I plan on getting Mata Nui and another, or Ackar and another.

Congrats, dude! Isn't Stronius just epic???The adjusting shoulders was one of the FIRST things I noticed when I got him-it makes him a LOT easier to pose that it appeared. Also, the goose neck gives him that monstrous look that suits him and his whole appearance.

Vastus is pretty epic, especially with that pipe.

As far as the others go, I have yet to pick them up, so which two would you recommend? I plan on getting Mata Nui and another, or Ackar and another.

I'd definitely suggest Mata Nui over Ackar. Ackar is pretty neat but he's nothing new at all, and Mata Nui is necessary for any fan IMO. Between Gelu and Kiina is a tough call. Gelu is the "safer" set in that he's just basically an awesome Inika build. His helmet and swords are kickass though, and he is very tough looking. Kiina is kinda out there. You've said that you like weird sets though so I'd probably suggest her. She's much more streamlined than any of the other sets, and is very elegant looking. Although you might not like her torso. I personally love it but a lot of people don't :\

I'd definitely suggest Mata Nui over Ackar. Ackar is pretty neat but he's nothing new at all, and Mata Nui is necessary for any fan IMO. Between Gelu and Kiina is a tough call. Gelu is the "safer" set in that he's just basically an awesome Inika build. His helmet and swords are kickass though, and he is very tough looking. Kiina is kinda out there. You've said that you like weird sets though so I'd probably suggest her. She's much more streamlined than any of the other sets, and is very elegant looking. Although you might not like her torso. I personally love it but a lot of people don't :\

Then I'll do Mats and Kiina.

Ackar and Gelu, if I have the money, but I'll prolly save up for at least ONE expensive vehicle. Last year, all I could get was Vultraz.

Then I'll do Mats and Kiina.

Ackar and Gelu, if I have the money, but I'll prolly save up for at least ONE expensive vehicle. Last year, all I could get was Vultraz.

Yeah. Ackar and Gelu are good sets, better than any f the sets in 2009 IMO, but certainly not the top of this series. And probably one large vehicle is about as good as the two of 'em.

Alright I have images of all the Legends up on my Brickshelf. I'll get deeplinks up in a bit, and expect a couple of reviews sometime this week. :)

So Mata Nui is amazing. I mean, he's just awesome.

Agreed. I picked up Mata Nui at TRU this last weekend too. The definition of epic and win. While I wish it was gold, the yellow is still very nice (Hope titan is gold)

So pretty to pose too, with those blades :cry_happy:

T-Nui

T-Nui -- The titan is mostly Mata and Metru yellow, with a few gold pieces. The mask is gold.

Also. Long arms are long.

T-Nui -- The titan is mostly Mata and Metru yellow, with a few gold pieces. The mask is gold.

Also. Long arms are long.

how do you know??? Are you not telling us something? :sceptic::grin:

We've already seen pics of it...

well, yes-but we haven't seen REAL pics of it. Haven't there been big discussions on whether or not the colors in that one image are the final choices?

Oh hey all my Glatorian Legend galleries are public xD didn't get a chance to post some deep links xD

Vastus

Stronius

Kiina

Gelu

Ackar

Enjoy, but some of the quality was drastically cut by the resizing :\ Not that the pictures were exactly fantastic, but they were rushed so get over it xD

Thanks for the pics of Kiina. (We've seen most of the others in detail...) I kinda like her. She's funky.

~Bunda