Matn

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Anyone else notice that instead of the minifig in the green/blue circle at the top of the screen that shows your character moves,instead of just being still?

Edited by Cat

I'm not trying to be rude, but those have been posted a few pages back, only they have different names/creators. :wink:

That's why i'm saying kinda new. He has the demo. So he play the most part of the demo, so it's kinda new.

Anyone else notice that instead of the minifig in the green/blue circle at the top of the screen that shows your character moves,instead of just being still?

Yes i already said that somewhere in this topic.

The game is on sale in our local argos acording to the dates in the catolog I got yesterday. Unfortunatly I will not buy it till it goes down in price.

£40 for Playstation 3/$60

£35 for Wii/$51

The game is on sale in our local argos acording to the dates in the catolog I got yesterday. Unfortunatly I will not buy it till it goes down in price.

£40 for Playstation 3/$60

£35 for Wii/$51

Goes down in price? I think it's very cheap for a new game! Here the game cost 50-60 euro's. That's much more then the UK price. I found some shop who is selling the collector's edition for 55 euro's. I'm gonna buy it.

I just wanted to say, i won't post here anymore in this topic and on eurobricks till friday. I will go on holiday. So i won't be seeing any new post, or post anything news.

But the worse of all i must wait to play the demo! WHAT? Arghhh, why is it going to be released when i'm going on holiday! Well, see you soon. I go to Berlin BTW.

Just tried out the demo (it's live!) and must say that I'm a little dissapointed...

The game looks very nice, but targeting spells doesn't allways work well and the level design (of the demo level at least) is very lineair.

Using crusio on Harry with a death eater (Macnair is in the demo ) never gets old though.

Just tried out the demo (it's live!) and must say that I'm a little dissapointed...

The game looks very nice, but targeting spells doesn't allways work well and the level design (of the demo level at least) is very lineair.

Using crusio on Harry with a death eater (Macnair is in the demo ) never gets old though.

I played the demo as well, that was Macnair?!? I was calling him the masked wizard. I've compiled a list of how I saw the game.

Pros

Playing as the animals (I loved scabbers)

wide assortment of spells

unique characters

funny videos

Cons

to linear

no minikits

can't destroy a lot of lego-built objects

free-form building, it's fun, but sometimes it can be really frustrating

spell aiming

They didn't provide a good tutorial, so you had to figure a lot of stuff out on your own

All in all, it was okay, as our all Lego games, I might get it when it goes on sale, or clearence, or used, or I might just rent it.

The demo was fun! I liked it much. Sometimes frustrating with the spells, but overall, i liked it very much!

There where only two other characters you could play :sceptic: . Only a gryfindor boy and a death eater, Macnair. You could use all his spells.

New video:

Edited by ???theriddler???

Some things are new:

But overall old stuff.

Here is the new video from the last page if you haven't seen it:

The demo was fun! I liked it much. Sometimes frustrating with the spells, but overall, i liked it very much!

There where only two other characters you could play :sceptic: . Only a gryfindor boy and a death eater, Macnair. You could use all his spells.

New video:

Thanks for the vid! You forgot Hagrid and Fang, they are also playable.

Thanks for the vid! You forgot Hagrid and Fang, they are also playable.

I mean the extra characters in free play, not the ones you already played with.

Why isnt anyone anymore talking in this topic?

New gamestop video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NISipmGtjh0

Some new playr videos(i used a uk proxy because you only can watch them in the uk):

LEGO Harry Potter TriWizard Cup Gameplay

http://creditbailouts.com/index.php/101011...fda31c012517624

LEGO Harry Potter Hogsmeade Gameplay:

http://creditbailouts.com/index.php/101011...84ad3f100717624

Playr EP 110 PT 2 (LEGO Harry Potter, Best Ever Fifa Goals)

http://creditbailouts.com/index.php/101011...88ab443e1717624

I only watch from every video the first few seconds. At the last video it said this game would have anger issues!

Why isnt anyone anymore talking in this topic?

New gamestop video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NISipmGtjh0

Some new playr videos(i used a uk proxy because you only can watch them in the uk):

LEGO Harry Potter TriWizard Cup Gameplay

http://creditbailouts.com/index.php/101011...fda31c012517624

LEGO Harry Potter Hogsmeade Gameplay:

http://creditbailouts.com/index.php/101011...84ad3f100717624

Playr EP 110 PT 2 (LEGO Harry Potter, Best Ever Fifa Goals)

http://creditbailouts.com/index.php/101011...88ab443e1717624

I only watch from every video the first few seconds. At the last video it said this game would have anger issues!

can someone make these videos watchable for us USA people. I have watch the others and have really enjoyed them :tongue: . I must have more!

The links doesnt work annywore.

Here are the official links:

Paste them in a proxy youtube website.

What are those Technic plant things?! :tongue: Why is an igloo being used as a cannon? Why are all those studs scattered at random in the maze? Has anyone noticed some characters having uneven eyes? Can I get the game yet?! :sing:

Thanks for the videos, theriddler! There's quite a large amount of complicated puzzles and humorous stuff in the game by the looks of the gameplay videos! :oh: I especially like how Hogsmeade is portrayed.

I can't wait to try out the PC demo!

Edited by ILikePi

Nice, for which console? It's a pity the demo for PC hasn't been released yet. I'm still contemplating whether the PC or Wii version. I just want it to look good, but I think there isn't much difference between the LEGO games on the Wii and other (HD) consoles. Also, will the Wii version have the same elements the others have (because a lot of multiplatform titles have been downgraded for Wii release; best example is DiRT 2), like the co-op mode. I'm going to read a few Wii reviews of other LEGO games, and I'll see then with the reviews of LEGO Harry Potter.

Anyways, I've read you've got to wait the post reviews about the game until the 25th. But I bet you can say if you like it or not? :tongue:

A few questions:

1. How did you get the game so early???

2. How's Hogwarts as the hub?

3. Is the game a progressive thing or are there doors to each level?

4. How do you do freeplay? The traditional way or is there a new way?

5. Is the spell aiming system hard to use?

6. Is the free-building system as hard to use as it appears to be in the demo?

7. How are the animal characters different?

8. What all spells are there to use?

9. How does it improve uppon previous Lego games?

10. How is the game in general?

11. Did you enjoy this episode of 20 questions?default_tong.gif

Thank you so much for openning up for questions, now you know better around me default_laugh_new.gif .

Nice, for which console? It's a pity the demo for PC hasn't been released yet. I'm still contemplating whether the PC or Wii version. I just want it to look good, but I think there isn't much difference between the LEGO games on the Wii and other (HD) consoles. Also, will the Wii version have the same elements the others have (because a lot of multiplatform titles have been downgraded for Wii release; best example is DiRT 2), like the co-op mode. I'm going to read a few Wii reviews of other LEGO games, and I'll see then with the reviews of LEGO Harry Potter.

Anyways, I've read you've got to wait the post reviews about the game until the 25th. But I bet you can say if you like it or not? :tongue:

I have it for the wii, and the game's grapics are really ugly. Get it for the pc. I have played the demo for the xbox and the grapics are much better.

The game is same as any other lego games. I think the story goes to fast. Like, you play quiditch level, then you already go and play quiditch. And get the snitch.

A few questions:

1. How did you get the game so early???

2. How's Hogwarts as the hub?

3. Is the game a progressive thing or are there doors to each level?

4. How do you do freeplay? The traditional way or is there a new way?

5. Is the spell aiming system hard to use?

6. Is the free-building system as hard to use as it appears to be in the demo?

7. How are the animal characters different?

8. What all spells are there to use?

9. How does it improve uppon previous Lego games?

10. How is the game in general?

11. Did you enjoy this episode of 20 questions?default_tong.gif

Thank you so much for openning up for questions, now you know better around me default_laugh_new.gif .

1. I know people in the store.

2. Hogwarts isn't the hub. The leaky couldron and diagon alley are the hub. Hogwarts is where you play the game.

3. It's progressive. You have a couple of main levels, like discovering on diagon alley and the troll level. But to learn a spell isn't a level, it's just a room where you do it, you always can walk back there trough hogwarts.

4. Different. You can choose free play in level select in the leaky couldron on a map. Or you can discover in hogwarts.

5. It isn't hard. If you play like 2 hours, you know it completely

6. Same as the demo.

7. Don't know yet, i'm still at the forbidden section, and it's very hard, i need to find a ice cream, but i can't find it!

8. Haven't discover more then in the demo. But you can buy some spells in the diagone alley.

9. It's Bigger. And it has better grapics. More variation.

10. It's much better then Lego Indiana Jones, but indiana jones 1 is still my favorite.

11. Yeah i enjoy it much, ask more!

Hope this helped.