Tarfful

Car Talk

Well umm, I was kind of thinking getting the turbo charged 2.0 one. :blush: My thinking was in the long run I would save a bunch of money on gas (higher mpg and V6 requires premium gas no?). I could go V6, but that also increases the upfront cost.

Not nessasarly. Although it might only be 4cly, it is still a forced induction engine. Forced induction generaly requires more fuel for optium performance. And they ussualy always reqqire premium fuel. But check there web site or go to a dealer to find out for sure. More than likely gas mileage isn't going to be that much of difference. Forced incuction engines also generaly wear out faster.

But one advantage that the 4cly turbo has over the V6 is that the engine will be more "mod" friendly. (if thats what you like). Because of the engine being turbocharged from the factory, he performance of the engine will respond better to aftermarket modifcations more than its V6 counterpart. Chips, exhausts, intakes, all of these will really open up the performace level. Wether or not it can surpases that of the V6, i don't know, but its not uncommon. Its at least worth looking into.

Well umm, I was kind of thinking getting the turbo charged 2.0 one. :blush: My thinking was in the long run I would save a bunch of money on gas (higher mpg and V6 requires premium gas no?). I could go V6, but that also increases the upfront cost.

I thought the turbo 4 motors require premium fuel... thats how it is with my Passat, the 1.8T requires 91+ minimum stock (it says it right on the gas door) while the V6 Passat takes any old 89 regular gas.

I always fill my car with Shell 93 octane, or 100 octane race fuel when I'm in a good mood... My car loves the 100. :wacko:

As mentioned above, the forced induction cars require the higher octane fuel, but not necessarily get worse gas mileage, I can easily get 35mpg+ cruising down the highway even with the APR stage 2 software.

I thought the turbo 4 motors require premium fuel... thats how it is with my Passat, the 1.8T requires 91+ minimum stock (it says it right on the gas door) while the V6 Passat takes any old 89 regular gas.

I always fill my car with Shell 93 octane, or 100 octane race fuel when I'm in a good mood... My car loves the 100. :wacko:

As mentioned above, the forced induction cars require the higher octane fuel, but not necessarily get worse gas mileage, I can easily get 35mpg+ cruising down the highway even with the APR stage 2 software.

Yeah I was thinking that might be the opposite after I typed it. Having said that, I did check their website and it seems the better mpg is with the 2.0 turbo. I dunno, in the end they're probably the same cost wise (even with the extra 2 grand or so it costs for the V6).

This is for you Big Cam: :tongue:

New WRX STI?!

A big wing would be fine with me. WRC is my favorite motorsport. To me it looks like the 5 door hatch still, but with a giant wing. Excellent. :classic:

I can't wait till thursday now.

A big wing would be fine with me. WRC is my favorite motorsport. To me it looks like the 5 door hatch still, but with a giant wing. Excellent. :classic:

I can't wait till thursday now.

What's on Thursday?

What's on Thursday?

Per the link.

"Maybe. But judging by this solitary teaser of the 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, it appears that the rally-bred hatch is getting an all-new wing inspired by Subaru's dearly-departed WRC contender. We'll know for sure on Thursday when the wraps officially come off at the New York Auto Show."

Per the link.

"Maybe. But judging by this solitary teaser of the 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, it appears that the rally-bred hatch is getting an all-new wing inspired by Subaru's dearly-departed WRC contender. We'll know for sure on Thursday when the wraps officially come off at the New York Auto Show."

Oh, okay. IMO, a wing wing would look really weird on Impreza hatch :wacko:

Oh, okay. IMO, a wing wing would look really weird on Impreza hatch :wacko:

I think alot of people will agree with you, but I am one on the other side of the fence, it would probably look crazy like the Focus spoiler.

2007-ford-focus-wrc-3.jpg

I think alot of people will agree with you, but I am one on the other side of the fence, it would probably look crazy like the Focus spoiler.

2007-ford-focus-wrc-3.jpg

Hmmmm...... You have a point, but I think the Subaru's back window is steeper than the Ford's, so it will have a smaller angle to work with (if that makes any sense whatsoever)

subaru-sti-aline-side.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-Revealed-Side-Angle-View.jpg

Edited by prateek

Per the link.

Saw it already yesterday on drifting.com. Link was taken down pretty quick as it was some kind of spy shot. Wing looked just like i thought it would. Attached to the side of the hatch. Nothing crazy at all like the WRC Focus or anything, just a tall single plane wing. (at least i couldn't see any multiple planes from the shot i saw.

Hmmmm...... You have a point, but I think the Subaru's back window is steeper than the Ford's, so it will have a smaller angle to work with (if that makes any sense whatsoever)

They look awfully close to me, but I do see a slight differance. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see. I think the radical wing on the focus a few posts up is mounted lower than the one on the Green RS. I would assume Subaru uses the same mounting place.

Well it looks like the pic i saw wasn't real (should have known)

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100401/NEWYORK/100409993

Going back to the 4 door. Looks ok, but i liked the hatch alot better.

There were quite a few other cars making there presence at the show. One being the Cadilac CTS-V Coupe

Edit: won't let me post pics of dynamic images?? :sceptic:

That looks better than I expected. Now we have to see front, back, and 3/4 shots :thumbup:

I found these pics today. It's interesting to see the 4-door STI with the 5-door version. It looks better than I expected :thumbup:Link

I found these pics today. It's interesting to see the 4-door STI with the 5-door version. It looks better than I expected :thumbup:Link

The front end almost looks too long on the 4 door model. I'm still a fan of the 5 door, butj I'm sure seeing one in person might change my mind. I personally think I still want the hatch :wub:

I think the hatch version is much more practical than the sedan version.

That probably goes for any car.

true

That probably goes for any car.

double true.

I have an RSX now, so I'm used to a hatch and I think I'd miss it. Plus I love the look of the 5 door, but my wife, not so much. :sceptic:

I hate to dig up threads, but I wanted to say that I finally bought my first car yesterday.

It's a 1972 Mustang Mach 1, with a 351-2v Cleveland engine, and even original AC. :wub:

I hate to dig up threads, but I wanted to say that I finally bought my first car yesterday.

It's a 1972 Mustang Mach 1, with a 351-2v Cleveland engine, and even original AC. :wub:

Please share some pics!

I love good ol' American muscle! :thumbup:

I agree!

Some pics please!!

I agree this agreement!

BTW, how much did you get it for?

Speaking of American iron, My fellow car enthusiast friend and I might undertake the building of a rat rod possibly by the end of the year.

Being close to the farmlands of the midwest, there are plenty of places to find old field cars and trucks to work off of.

Most likely we'd be looking for a late 30's early 40's pickup cab and start from there.

I'd love to roll around in something like this in a few years:

1939-rat-rod-pickup.jpg

Congrats. Enjoy the ride. Pics?