Tarfful

Car Talk

I don't really like the RS4. I prefer the RS6. As for drifting, I'm figuring out how to do it. There aren't any places to practice legally here in Toronto so I just use a Racing Sim (BMW M3 Challenge :tongue: )

I don't really like the RS4. I prefer the RS6.

You're comparing 2 cars with an almost identical design. It is so weird.

Ever been in one ? Almost everyone I know who drove both cars prefered the RS4 for trackdays.

factory. I strongly considered doing the BI turbo V6 swap into my Passat when i had it. Located a wrecked RS4 and could have snagged the engine and harness for around $4K. Glad i dind't though. After doing some reseach i found it would have been a wiring nightmare and wouldn't have been worth it in the end other than the "Cool factor".

I'd rather spare the money for another car than going into this. Especially here, if you change the motor, your car have to pass a serie of test (with judges), and they can decide the fate of your ride. Too risky. Save for the Aston I say.

As for drifting, I'm figuring out how to do it. There aren't any places to practice legally here in Toronto so I just use a Racing Sim (BMW M3 Challenge :tongue: )

Yeah, I feel the same way about taking over the world. I've considered doing it a few times, but ultimately it'd just be too much bother. Thus I play RTS games. I'm really really sure though that it's the same thing.

I still never heard a true V12 aswell, I assume it must be pure sweetness.

I've heard a few... :cry_happy:

Even so, my dream car is a McLaren F1. Unlike your very nice car, it'll stay a dream though! I love German cars and engines; it's one of the main reasons why the F1 is so good.

The McLaren F1 is a hell of a car.

But it's made by MegaBlocks?

352187.jpg

:tongue:

:sing:

Please tell me they don't make a McLaren F1. Please? :cry_sad:

(That is, this one.)

motoring-graphics-2_839487a.jpg

The McLaren F1 is a hell of a car.

...with a price to match!

I'm not sure Megablock does it. Maybe the Formula one McLaren ?

I find the audi R8 V10 kinda similar in the design.

(That is, this one.)

...with a price to match!

That was my dream car as a child, McClaren is making a new car without Mercedes, I can't wait to see it.

Oh I remember that car for sure! First time I came in contact with one (virtually!) was in a very old Need For Speed game, it blew everything off the track! It was probably 1 of the fastest (and most expensive) production cars at its time.

Its design still is a example to modern supercars, a certain Saleen (S7 it is I guess) comes pretty close IMO.

Also, isn't it a 1 seater aswell? Full pleasure for 1 person :cry_happy: Or at least a central placed steeringwheel and seat?

I may be wrong, but I think this is a two seater, like the Veyron.

It's a three seater; driver in the middle, passengers either side and slightly back. It was one of the main goals when Gordon Murray designed it.

As for that Saleen, I've seen it and I think it's a ripoff homage. :wink:

It's a three seater; driver in the middle, passengers either side and slightly back. It was one of the main goals when Gordon Murray designed it.

This man knows his cars.

It also had a gold exhaust because gold dispurses heat the best of all metals (readily available) It also came with a Titanium tool kit.

You're comparing 2 cars with an almost identical design. It is so weird.

Ever been in one ? Almost everyone I know who drove both cars prefered the RS4 for trackdays.

I don't have a license so I'm not allowed to drive so I don't know how it handles and such. I do like the looks of the RS6 better though :tongue:

I agree. It looks like a generic supercar. Nothing special about it. :sceptic:

I don't have a license so I'm not allowed to drive so I don't know how it handles and such. I do like the looks of the RS6 better though :tongue:

I would have guessed by your signature that you at least had a license, the age of members always baffles me.

As for the conversation at hand, I'd rather have an RS4, after having driven a regular A4 adn an A6, the A6 is too big, I like my cars smaller and more nimble.

Voila, now my fuss is cleared out. Very interesting/unique concept.

Voila, now my fuss is cleared out. Very interesting/unique concept.

It probably cut manufacturing costs too (Not making different molds for LHD and RHD)

I'd rather spare the money for another car than going into this. Especially here, if you change the motor, your car have to pass a serie of test (with judges), and they can decide the fate of your ride. Too risky. Save for the Aston I say.

That's basically the same conclusion i came to after giving the whole thing some thought. The main push for me wanting to attempt such a mechanical feet was i competed my car in car shows. Hardly anyone ever did engine swaps on late model VWs,so that would have been major points as well as the "wow factor". But like you said, for the price of the engine and installation, i could have had a much nicer car that i wouldn't have to worry about trying to smog, on the possible reliability problems that could ensue if not done right.

Yeah, I feel the same way about taking over the world. I've considered doing it a few times, but ultimately it'd just be too much bother. Thus I play RTS games. I'm really really sure though that it's the same thing.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I laughed my a$$ off when i read this. Even spit up a bit. Thanks for making my day! :thumbup:

352187.jpg

:tongue:

I'm seriously considering buy that and the F1 transport truck from Mega Bloks. I am a McLaren Mercedes/Hamilton fan after all. :classic:

(That is, this one.)

The McLaren F1 was definately ahead of its time. You know this to be true when super cars of today not only have a hard time running similar performance numbers, but also when they look to it for inspiration.

Quick story...

About ten or so years ago i went to the Sanfransico Masconey Car show.This is a yearly car show they have were all the manufacters display the new models for the upcoming year. They also bring along a few concepts and racecars. Well one year they had the mighty McLaren F1. NOw in this show moat of the cars are just sitting on the floor, and are open for anyone to sit inside with exceptions of the exotic Manufacters such as Lamborgini, Ferrari, Maserati certain model Porsche and of course, McLaren. These cars are avaible for view but are roped off so no one can sit in them (these cars cost upwards of $200,000, so this is understandable.

The F1 was ropped off, but the doors were open. I thought how cool it would be to take a picture inside the cabin. I asked the dealer rep, and he gave me a look over with his eyes and said in a very rude manner as he was walking away from me

"Ya, i don't think so."

At this point i was pissed. You don't want me totake a picture, then fine, but you don't need to be rude and act like your above me. So my frineds and i hatched a plan...

I had brought a couple female friends and they agreed to "Distract" him and the rest of the sales staff of Mclaren with there womanly charm. I got on my belly and real navy seal like slid across the carpet a good 10 feet past the barrier towards the Mighty McLaren. Climbed in the passenger seat while me friend snapped the pic. Then my buddy told me that if i was going to be risked being kicked out and charged with criminal trespass, i might as well knudge my way over to the drivers seat in the center. So i did. Crawled my way out and left for the evening. Ahh, to be young.

That's basically the same conclusion i came to after giving the whole thing some thought. The main push for me wanting to attempt such a mechanical feet was i competed my car in car shows. Hardly anyone ever did engine swaps on late model VWs,so that would have been major points as well as the "wow factor". But like you said, for the price of the engine and installation, i could have had a much nicer car that i wouldn't have to worry about trying to smog, on the possible reliability problems that could ensue if not done right.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I laughed my a$$ off when i read this. Even spit up a bit. Thanks for making my day! :thumbup:

I'm seriously considering buy that and the F1 transport truck from Mega Bloks. I am a McLaren Mercedes/Hamilton fan after all. :classic:

The McLaren F1 was definately ahead of its time. You know this to be true when super cars of today not only have a hard time running similar performance numbers, but also when they look to it for inspiration.

Quick story...

About ten or so years ago i went to the Sanfransico Masconey Car show.This is a yearly car show they have were all the manufacters display the new models for the upcoming year. They also bring along a few concepts and racecars. Well one year they had the mighty McLaren F1. NOw in this show moat of the cars are just sitting on the floor, and are open for anyone to sit inside with exceptions of the exotic Manufacters such as Lamborgini, Ferrari, Maserati certain model Porsche and of course, McLaren. These cars are avaible for view but are roped off so no one can sit in them (these cars cost upwards of $200,000, so this is understandable.

The F1 was ropped off, but the doors were open. I thought how cool it would be to take a picture inside the cabin. I asked the dealer rep, and he gave me a look over with his eyes and said in a very rude manner as he was walking away from me

"Ya, i don't think so."

At this point i was pissed. You don't want me totake a picture, then fine, but you don't need to be rude and act like your above me. So my frineds and i hatched a plan...

I had brought a couple female friends and they agreed to "Distract" him and the rest of the sales staff of Mclaren with there womanly charm. I got on my belly and real navy seal like slid across the carpet a good 10 feet past the barrier towards the Mighty McLaren. Climbed in the passenger seat while me friend snapped the pic. Then my buddy told me that if i was going to be risked being kicked out and charged with criminal trespass, i might as well knudge my way over to the drivers seat in the center. So i did. Crawled my way out and left for the evening. Ahh, to be young.

Pics or it's a lie :tongue:

I've been worrying about that too, about sims not being realistic

I second that, except that I believe you :classic:

I know, I know. :sad: I gave my buddie who took the pic to see if he still has it. Doubt it though concidering its been 10yrs not sure it will turn up.

I second that, except that I believe you

:sweet: Thanks buddy.

What year Audi and what parts? Suspension? Wheels/tires? Engine upgrades? I want specifics!

Probably everything! :tongue:

Ok guys. So last week i showed some pics of the Formula D drift competition. At the same time, on the same track and venue, they had the Indy car series practicing and qualifying for the coming race on Sunday. The drift course and pits were on turn 4 and 7,and IRL was on the main paddocks and grandstands. Basically how it worked was the drifters used turn 4 and 7 for the competition, but after their practice and qualifying runs, the went back to the pits and the turn 4 and 7 were then opened up for the IRL guys (and girls) to run on. The track provided a little bus to go back and forth between the drift and IRL sections. otherwise it would have been a good 15 minute walk uphill, both ways between each event.

I really went there for the drifting, but since the IRL cars were there and since i have never seen them in person, i thought i should take advantage of the opportunity.

Unfortunately they wanted and additional $30 for a pit pass on top of the $50 admission fee. So no pictures of the pit paddocks. :sad: I tried to get as good of pics as i could of the cars on the track, but it was kinda hard.

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_009.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_010.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_037.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_038.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_039.jpgforumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_041.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_042.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_045.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_048.jpg

forumula_d_sonoma_08-22-09_049.jpg

Ok, so i stayed in the grandstands and watched the IRL cars for about 10 minutes. Mainly cause that's all i could stand. First off these cars were loud. And i don't mean ground rumbling V8 loud, i mean ear piercing, make your ears bleed loud.

Second, it was verrrrrrrrrrrrry repeditive. There all geared the same, sound exactly the same and look nearly identical. So they all shifted at the exact same points, sound exactly the same, and if the cars weren't painted differently you'd swear the same car was rounding the track. I could only take it for so long.

I agree about the repetitiveness of F1/Indy. I personally like drifting better too :classic: