Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

How did I miss this topic? :oh:

I've recently gotten myself hooked on comics, so I've been reading the newer Captain America series, Amazing Spiderman 682 (Ends of the Earth) onwards, and Invincible Iron Man 510 onwards for Marvel. I've also started Batman, Justice League, Batman Beyond Unlimited, Batman Detective Comics, Batman The Dark Knight, Dial H, Aquaman, and Flash for the DC New 52. I also intend on picking up Green Lantern, Hawkeye, and Gambit. I'm also reading the Death of Captain America from a few years back along with Marvel Civil War. For webcomics, I usually read Space The Comic along with, occasionally, Tranquility Base.

I've just discovered a new Comic-book store near me and I bought most of Avengers vs. X-men comics (#1, #2, #4, #5 and #6, thay didn't have #3)I also bought a collection featuring all MARVEL Civil-War comics. :thumbup:

I buy back-issues on eBay. Amazon also has quite a few and there are plenty of paperback collections there too.

Just got Batman Incorporated #3 (The one which its release dates was pushed because of the recent events of Aurora)has anyone else founded this comic in their comic books stores I was surprised of them selling it.

There not an on going comic book series but I just got through reading The Killing Joke and Batman Year one. I have to say they are incredible and I really enjoyed them. I keep meaning since DC relaunched all the Comics last September to pick up Nightwing and Batman.

I've just read the first Compendium (comprised of 46 issues/8 trade paperbacks) of the Walking Dead comics. I had recently seen the television series, and wanted to read the comics it was based on. I found it quite a good read, and enjoyed seeing how the television series wasn't a complete adaptation of the comic book series, with some characters outliving their comic book counterparts, others falling much sooner, and some characters only being in one of the formats. The only part of it I was disappointed with was the ending, where the Protagonist and one other survivor leaves (for want of a none-spoiling term) all of the characters we've come to know. It just seemed like a lazy way of wiping the slate clean for the next part of the story, but I hope the next compendium will make up for that. Despite the ending, I would recommend it to fans of the television show, and I also recommend playing the Walking Dead point-and-click adventure game by Telltale Games, as it's part of the comic book canon, and tells a good story that sometimes interlinks with the comic's story.

I am currently going through Marvel FF. It is crazy series and a little hard to follow but there are some great fights involving the Inhumans and it is pretty cool to see Doom on the side of the Future Foundation :thumbup:

Whet down to my local comic book store yesterday and picked up the new 52 Nightwing #6,7,8,9,11 and Batman#1. Also found out that my local store had Alan Moore coming in during september to talk about some of his work with 'Killing Joke' and 'Watchmen'. Can't wait!!!

I've just read the first Compendium (comprised of 46 issues/8 trade paperbacks) of the Walking Dead comics. <snip>

I read that a few years ago (maybe even mentioned it in this thread :sceptic: ) and I reread the book about a month ago, after season two ended. Between the first and second reads, I read the following 50 or so issues. I can tell you one thing: the author wasn't simply cleaning house. It seems to be part of the writer's attempt to remind us that nobody is safe. And there was a lot of dealing with what happened there. All the same, I'd say only a few 'key' characters died. Most of the others who leave at the end were people who had been around from a few story lines before.

All the same, if you found that unsatisfying, you'll probably find the later issues unsatisfying as well. 'Key' characters die at an interval, and for the 100th issue, another dies brutally. I really like the issues, and don't take so much care to the numbering or arc numbers, but a lot of websites made an issue of the 100th.

I still find it one of the more compelling books out there, and moreover, the artist is really consistent, with never a fill-in for 90+ issues, which maintains a remarkable sense of the world.

So, I hear your frustration, but I still liked it enough to read it twice, which is not so common these days :classic:

i read a fair bit, batman,nightwing,justice league,aquaman,animal man,swamp thing,fury and enjoy all of them, i was reading thor but dropped it as got a bit rubbish i thought, i find marvel to be quite conoluted so ive dropped the books i was reading and i'll try agin when they relaunch, i have to say i'm a dc man through and through though!

I am currently going through Marvel FF. It is crazy series and a little hard to follow but there are some great fights involving the Inhumans and it is pretty cool to see Doom on the side of the Future Foundation :thumbup:

oh man, that was such a great run! it hurt my head a bit though trying to understand it all and i probably couldnt tell you what happened!

Does anybody here has read the Prose Novel based on the MARVEL Civil War comics, I'm reading it and I've founded it really interesting so far. :wink:

*WARNING - Walking Dead spoilers below*

I read that a few years ago (maybe even mentioned it in this thread :sceptic: ) and I reread the book about a month ago, after season two ended. Between the first and second reads, I read the following 50 or so issues. I can tell you one thing: the author wasn't simply cleaning house. It seems to be part of the writer's attempt to remind us that nobody is safe. And there was a lot of dealing with what happened there. All the same, I'd say only a few 'key' characters died. Most of the others who leave at the end were people who had been around from a few story lines before.

I agree, that people like Patricia the farmhand, Axel the prisoner, and the Greene family (Hershel, Maggie and Billy) had long outlived their usefulness, but I felt that there were many key characters that were killed off and the end of the compendium (Lori, Dale, Glenn, Tyreese, Mihconne, etc) were pretty important, and now were just left with only Rick and Carl as the only living characters, at only 48 issues in, leading me to question the future of the series.

All the same, if you found that unsatisfying, you'll probably find the later issues unsatisfying as well. 'Key' characters die at an interval, and for the 100th issue, another dies brutally. I really like the issues, and don't take so much care to the numbering or arc numbers, but a lot of websites made an issue of the 100th.

It's not the fact that they died, it's more the fact that they died unceremoniously. I quite admire killing an important/main character if it's integral/important to the story/character development, but the Prison Massacrer felt unsatisfying. One the whole I really enjoyed 1-48, and look forward to reading 49-96, but I just hope it handles it's characters better.

*WARNING - Walking Dead spoilers below*

I agree, that people like Patricia the farmhand, Axel the prisoner, and the Greene family (Hershel, Maggie and Billy) had long outlived their usefulness, but I felt that there were many key characters that were killed off and the end of the compendium (Lori, Dale, Glenn, Tyreese, Mihconne, etc) were pretty important, and now were just left with only Rick and Carl as the only living characters, at only 48 issues in, leading me to question the future of the series.

Again, spoilers...

Dale, Glenn, and Michonne lived, and continued to take part in the series, so no worries :thumbup: The next 20-30 issues are all travelling, so lots of opportunities to meet new people as well :wink:

Dale, Glenn, and Michonne lived, and continued to take part in the series, so no worries :thumbup: The next 20-30 issues are all travelling, so lots of opportunities to meet new people as well :wink:

Ooh... that makes me happier! :grin:

I assumed what with Michonne being MIA, and the RV being smashed, that everyone (save Rick and Carl) died. Glad to know they didn't completely wipe the slate clean.

Just got a lot of 107 Ultimate Spider-Man's off Ebay for $66 :sweet: Surprisingly there will only be one overlap with my current collection!

Just got a lot of 107 Ultimate Spider-Man's off Ebay for $66 :sweet: Surprisingly there will only be one overlap with my current collection!

I used to love the old ultimate Spider-man comics but I haven't been able to get into the new Spider-man.

I just got the MARVEL previews, now I'm really looking forward to AvX Consequences, Avengers + X-men and MARVEL Universe vs. Avengers. They all seem awesome.

I just finished reading Batgirl 1-7 and I was very pleased with the read. I highly recommend picking them up if your a Batman fan.

Finished off Dark Reign Sinister Spider-Man. That was a great series and I would recommend it to anyone if they see the books around :thumbup:

On another note I bought some Amazing Spider-Man's to add to my collection! I currently have about 150 of the volume 1 Amazing Spider-Man :wub:

I'm into dark avengers,ultimate spiderman and deadpool.

I like miles morales, because he's realistic, unlike parker. Parker is mostly carefree and cheery, feeling like he's been spiderman all his life. Miles is often unhappy and had to be persuaded into becoming spiderman. Plus, hechas a better costume,so there.

I don't quite understand the difference between Uncanny Avengers and Avengers + X-Men, they both seem to be a Team-up from both teams :hmpf_bad:

I think its because after AvX Marvel are doing what DC did last year and slowly cancelling everything and replacing it with new titles, in a bid to draw in new readers. I'm not sure if there will be a lot of difference between the two series but I'm guessing that Uncanny Avengers will be dealing with the aftermath of AvX. I also here that Marvel is bringing back some dead characters due to the reboot.