Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Pirate sets I don't have... Yet...

Suvie Duvie has recently asked me which Pirate sets I don't have, so I thought I might as well share the list with everyone.

1729 Barnacle Bay Value Pack which includes:

1871 Pirates Cannon

1872 Imperial Guard Camp

1873 Pirate Treasure

And there's...

1481 Desert Island

1889 Pirate's Treasure Hold

1795 Imperial Cannon

Has anybody seen any of these sets in their travels? Does anybody have these sets and would like to rub it in that they do and I don't? There's a MISB 1729 Barnacle Bay Value Pack on BrickLink for US$100. I'm thinking no... Don't be stupid!

Suvie Duvie has recently asked me which Pirate sets I don't have, so I thought I might as well share the list with everyone.

1729 Barnacle Bay Value Pack which includes:

1871 Pirates Cannon

1872 Imperial Guard Camp

1873 Pirate Treasure

And there's...

1481 Desert Island

1889 Pirate's Treasure Hold

1795 Imperial Cannon

Has anybody seen any of these sets in their travels? Does anybody have these sets and would like to rub it in that they do and I don't? There's a MISB 1729 Barnacle Bay Value Pack on BrickLink for US$100. I'm thinking no... Don't be stupid!

A nice rare selection of pirate sets there... I tried to hunt some of these down a while ago but couldn't get over the minimum price barrier (I'm not cheap, I just don't have the money :-D )

If you don't want the castle 1/2 of 1723 be sure to throw it my way (it probably won't make it over the ocean if you just throw it so you may want some form of catapult or cannon, please be sure to take in the rotation of the earth or it will miss me...)

On a note about 'rubbing in' someone on Lugnet posted this comment re 1729 "One of my only Pirate sets"...

God Bless,

Nathan

I could of had a 1729 Barnacle Bay Value Pack once! But due to incompetence I missed out on it. I will never forgive myself now.

Hey Phes, I have the Original Instructions for Set 1729 Barnacle Bay (which includes 1871, 1872, & 1873). I used to have the sets, but parts may have been sold through my Bricklink Store... iIf you are interested in the sets loose with Original Instructions, let me know & I'll see if I can dig up the parts for them... although all of this is a moot point if you are only looking for it MISB... ;)

Life is Good.

Mr Ed! You've be hiding away from this forum for far too long!

You have the instructions huh? I'm not sure. I want the box, instructions and pieces but not necessarily MISB, I'd settle for just MIB. Without the box and instructions I might as well order the pieces off BrickLink and then build the sets using the instructions off Peeron. But that's cheating!

But that's cheating!

....says the avowed pirate fan.

Might be a good idea, though, then you can see if you'd really want the sets.

Akkh

I have all but small 6 sets... Its too late to choose not to get sets. I've come this far, I might as well go all the way. My goal is to own them all you see!

then what? selling them all to get enough money to buy a decent camera, so you can take pics of them? :P