Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Mesa Ladrillo

indexed.gif

I was a bit surprised that I hadn't seen one of these before, so I decided to make one:

An Indian Cliff Dwelling

The view from above

So far, its still a little bit in progress, which is why the picture quality is kind of poor. The pueblos open up, but I haven't gotten around to furnishing the interiors. Any suggestions for improvement?

Steve

Very nice Steve! The dwellings are great.

I like the whole feel of this MOC. I guess in answer to your question about why no one has made a similar creation I for one don't own any Indian figs, would many others? Was it a high selling theme? They look quite nice.

Cheers

ISC

I have five Indian minifigs (the chief, the medicine man, the squaw and two warriors) that came in two different sets. I got them in 1997, my last year before the Dark Ages I think. The sets really great to me, but I don't think they had much potential to keep on going for many years, being so limited.

The funny thing is that TLG wanted to be so politically correct that they made all the Indian sets peaceful and civilian-centric. I guess they wanted to avoid the old Cowboys vs. Indians portrayal.

As far as this MOC goes, I say it's one great creation! You used the official Indians, but put them in an original environment not seen in any of the official sets. I always thought those mountainside/cliff cities were intriguing, and seeing one in a MOC is really cool! Thanks for showing this to us! :thumbup:

Nice Creation. I like you use of railings as ladder/steps. I've never really took much intrest in indians. They never much took my fancy genrally because all they had were tepes. You've proved me wrong though. I think I'll go read up on some native american history, and then I'll go buy my own indians, then make a MOC. :classic: (I'm going to run out of money by the end of the week I know it :cry_sad: )

That's an absolutely awesome Indian MOC, Athos! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

The architecture looks absolutely realistic so do the landscape and the accessory! Great colors and a very nice choice of minifigs, too. :oh:

I have no suggestions for improvement since it is already simply perfect!

The most I like the dwallings and the little field on the left side.

Do the dwallings include some interior, too? That would be nice to see. :classic:

Btw: I haven't thought about this direction for a new Indian theme before. But it's right: Indians did not only live in tipis since they travel around all the time - there were even Indians which built dwallings and then stayed at this place. Great idea, Athos! :thumbup:

Well, if TLG hopefully releases a new Western/Indian theme in the future they might well go in this direction considering the Indian fraction! I'd personally like this direction very much since it would offer a completely different Indian tribe with completely different dwallings in comparison to the theme from 1997.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nice work Steve, it mixes the old sets and the new parts and colors really well! :thumbup:

I especially like the combination of the tan and dark orange, looks very realistic.

The dark blue looks a bit out of place imo, but that might just be me.

I always thought indians lived in teepee's, thanks for showing that they had other types of housing as well!

A very beautiful MOC and a simply lovely scenery! :thumbup: