AwesomeStar

WIP: HALO Wars Spirit Of Fire

In light of the new Midi-Scale Millenium Falcon I'm considering building a midi-scale Spirit Of Fire just so I can get an idea of appearances/angles etc.

~A.S.

I can't beleve I didn't think of that... :hmpf: Great idea either way!

jifel

Wow, I wish you best of luck! :cry_happy: This is gonna be bigger than Teddys and CGHs put together! :oh:

Thanks General *salutes*, and yes, this thing is gonna be so massive, I'd get banned if I express it!

Jifel, I know how you feel, I smacked myself in the head quite a few times. :wink:

~A.S.

P.S. - Halo Wars info: absolutely trashed the Covenant on Skirmish mode, built ten bases and had over 155 population!

Thanks for the ideas for Anders! The head is fine, I guess, and the hair, while a little long, will make do, I suppose. She'll be in the Observation Deck anyway, so you won't notice :wink:

The torso however is quite a bit off, in a couple of cutscenes she is seen wearing a reddish tank top, so I'll stick with that. I might use the Indiana Jones legs for her, though.

Thanks for the help!

~A.S.

Thanks for the ideas for Anders! The head is fine, I guess, and the hair, while a little long, will make do, I suppose. She'll be in the Observation Deck anyway, so you won't notice :wink:

The torso however is quite a bit off, in a couple of cutscenes she is seen wearing a reddish tank top, so I'll stick with that. I might use the Indiana Jones legs for her, though.

Thanks for the help!

~A.S.

No problem. I suggested the torso I did because if it is she is in the observation deck or bridge even, she should have her lab-coat on then, IMO.

Anders_-_Halo_Wars.png

(Reference Pic)

No problem. I suggested the torso I did because if it is she is in the observation deck or bridge even, she should have her lab-coat on then, IMO.

Anders_-_Halo_Wars.png

(Reference Pic)

Thats what I thought too, but the torso was a slight different from that image. I'll stick with the red, but I might buy something of MMCB for her?

And that image of her is great - isn't CGI amazing? She's going on my wall :wink:

WARNING: Major Weird-O Alert: A.S. is in love with an image!!!

~A.S.

I know you want to do Spirit of Fire in fig scale, upon learning that that'll be 83 meters, if you are to do something completely to fig scale, may I suggest a UNSC Frigate (i.e. In Amber Clad, Forward Unto Dawn, or Aegis Fate) or something a bit larger; (but smaller than a carrier) A Halcyon Class Cruiser (i.e. Pillar of Autumn) If you really had your heart set on a true to scale MF scale ship, then that's what i suggest, but if you had your heart set more on Spirit of Fire.....

Obviously it's your choice :blush:

If you read my response to Asuka, and the rest of the topic, you'll see that the end result will be about 3 and half meters long. So not 83. Whew.

Thats still pretty MegaBlocks-ing big though.

About the painting of the torso, I'm thinking of asking LuxorV if he could possibly make torso decals for Captain Cutter, Sgt Forge and Anders, possibly Serina, too.

I've now finished sketching out the Hull, but because the drawing is to-scale with what the end result will be, its very hard to photograph, so I'm going to do my best to scale the drawing down a little onto a sheet of A4 paper, then I can photograph it :classic:

As for the Midi-Scale attempt at the Spirit Of Fire, I'm working on that, having a look around at my designs and trying to see if its possible to scale it down :thumbup:

I don't really think I'd want to do something like Pillar Of Autumn or Forward Unto Dawn cruisers, as to be honest the shape of those ships that we see in cutscenes and such isn't actually very nice. Spirit Of Fire however has, IMHO, a very nice shape to it, and is much, much cooler :wink:

~A.S.

Bonkers!!

Try making a micro-scale to get the basic shape.

And Pick-A-Brick is a good place to go for your basics, like 2x2s, 4x4s, etc.

Again, bonkers. Though somewhere on brickshelf is a guy who built Home One from Star Wars in minifig scale.

Repeat, total loony!!! :tongue:

Bonkers!!

Try making a micro-scale to get the basic shape.

And Pick-A-Brick is a good place to go for your basics, like 2x2s, 4x4s, etc.

Again, bonkers. Though somewhere on brickshelf is a guy who built Home One from Star Wars in minifig scale.

Repeat, total loony!!! :tongue:

I'm not bonkers :wink:

Its possible, look at the Yamato guy, the Home One guy, Chris Doyle, even our own Aaron Morse!

Its entirely possible, and besides, I've put too much work into the planning and this topic is 5 pages long, and I've only got a reference picture!

Follow the topic, and you might want to get a mod to clear up your double-post.

~A.S

Since I've been in the Halo mood lately, I thought I would drop in with a couple more suggestions.

Micro/midid scale sounds wonderful, and it will help you to get an idea of sme of the basic framewrk you will need to begin. It could be slightly more challenging, as you have a smaller space to work with, and therefore it could be harder to get those angles the SoF has.

On another note, I'm a big Halo fan as well, and I want you to know that I will be making one of my own along side you. :) I will tackle the challenge of making the mini sclae one for you to look at as well.

Boy, you must be completely insane... or a total genius. Just for clarification: when you say minifig scale, do you mean minifig scale like the Star Wars sets such as the Death Star (not really to scale, but it can fit minifigs inside), or actual scale (as in, it really is to scale)?

Can you post pictures of how it's going, because i would really like to see it. And do you have any ideas for Serina and Forge?

If this works, it shall be the greatest MOC ever! :wink:

Since I've been in the Halo mood lately, I thought I would drop in with a couple more suggestions.

Micro/midid scale sounds wonderful, and it will help you to get an idea of sme of the basic framewrk you will need to begin. It could be slightly more challenging, as you have a smaller space to work with, and therefore it could be harder to get those angles the SoF has.

On another note, I'm a big Halo fan as well, and I want you to know that I will be making one of my own along side you. :) I will tackle the challenge of making the mini sclae one for you to look at as well.

Yes, I'm going to make a midi-scale version first, because micro is too small, I think, to get it all in there.

Glad to see another Halo fan, perhaps check the topic out in Culture and Media?

When you say your making one along side me, do you mean a big one or a small one? I have no problems with you making either, only the fact that if you build a big one it will be better than mine :wink:

Boy, you must be completely insane... or a total genius. Just for clarification: when you say minifig scale, do you mean minifig scale like the Star Wars sets such as the Death Star (not really to scale, but it can fit minifigs inside), or actual scale (as in, it really is to scale)?

Can you post pictures of how it's going, because i would really like to see it. And do you have any ideas for Serina and Forge?

If this works, it shall be the greatest MOC ever!

Caboose, I have some ideas for Forge, maybe the Indy legs, a BrickArms Colonial Marine torso (this project will feature BrickArms, so I'm taking the liberty now of saying the copyright is all theirs :) Cheers Will and Damien for being there!)

... dark tan arms, dark bley hands, and then, if it proves possible, a dark tan Space Marine armor (does it come in D.T?), with brown Segmented Pauldrons. The last two items are BrickForge, so copyright to them, too.

Serina, I'm not sure of. I might make her in Light Blue, the color of Jayko Power-Ranger from KK2, with hints of black, and will probably have to make a decal :sceptic:

When I say minifig-scale, I mean to-scale, but I'm shrinking it down a hell load, because to-scale would really be 83 meters long!! My model will probably be 3-4 meters long. But the real thing is only a digital render, and that render was only about 3-4 meters long anyway :classic:

~A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar

Yes, I'm going to make a midi-scale version first, because micro is too small, I think, to get it all in there.

Glad to see another Halo fan, perhaps check the topic out in Culture and Media?

When you say your making one along side me, do you mean a big one or a small one? I have no problems with you making either, only the fact that if you build a big one it will be better than mine :wink:

~A.S.

Most likely the small one and portions of the big one.

And another suggestion. Don't start talking abou minifigs just yet. You haven't even started framework(or so I would assume). Get some progress done, then you can talk about the figs. ;)

Oh, yeah, of course. I was just so bored of mind-blowing framework-thinking I got wondering about the figs.

I the meantime, between all this talk and my drawing of the ship to-scale, I've done a little MOCing, and have made some UNSC troops, one in a ghillie suit :classic:

~A.S.

As said in one of my poems

"Thinking is hard

Doing without thinking is harder..."

It's best to just get it done with, like going first in reading an essay in front of class. ;)

How is this going so far? Any progress on the sketches/drawings? :classic:

jifel

I've started making the midi-scale version. :classic:

No new updates yet, and the midi-version is barely started :sceptic:

~A.S.

UPDATE:

Just keeping this topic alive, I've now completed two sections on my scale-sketch and 1 and a half sections on the midi-scale version. I'm also saving time by testing various tricky bits on LDD, simply to save valuable bricks :wink:

I'm making some interior sketches (A4 size, but will be blown up to scale when I add them in on my scale-sketch) of the Hull. I've just finished a potential mess hall.

My fellow HALO-Muffin (Xbox LIVE term, don't ask lol!) Mraz 'Skintas has made some amazing HALO decals in the MCW, so go check them out. If I'm allowed, I'd gladly use them for the Marines :thumbup:

~A.S.

Wowza! When you asked me to check out a WIP I never thought it'd be something this big! Unfortunately AwesomeStar I can't really help you on advice, since the only time I've really played Halo for an extended period was when I had a sleepover with my friends and I was first to a hundred kills, booyah! :laugh:

Seriously though mate, this is an awesome undertaking, and I wish you the best of luck making it. What are you up to at this point? Either way, hope to see a finished product eventually, and make sure you post pics when you've done a slice, and pm me too!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks Batbrick, and 100 kills? Great!

My funds are all being used up with this project, so unless I can find a camera ANYWHERE, I'd best get sorting things out. Rest assured this project is VERY REAL and I'm not just having you on.

The midi version is coming along great, just so you know.

~A.S.

I just got Halo Wars, and upon seeing the inside of The Spirit Fire, I realize that you have a lot of work to do to get it just right, with my cabin in there somewhere. :tongue: I just wish you luck. :thumbup:

And find that camera so we can see some pics.

Edited by Mraz 'Skintas

Yeah, its a hell of a lotta work, plus your honorary cabin, and jifel's and Saints and everyone else here...

:laugh:

I found the camera, just waiting for some light to come along here in Coventry. Probably take pics of what I've made (midi-scale) on Thursday :classic:

~A.S.