Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Going to Europe

Hello, everyone. I'd just like to say that I will be away to Europe for a couple of weeks. I'll be going to Austria, Italy, and Croatia for sure, and possibly some other countries. The main reason that I'm going is mostly to visit my grandfather one last time, but also to see the eastern world.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be glad to answer them, or if you just want to comment, that's fine too.

Try not to miss me too much. :tongue:

Thanks,

JimButcher

That sounds like a great trip! I love Italy and Austria, but I've never been to Croatia. Make sure to eat lots of food for me. I'd be interested to hear what Croatian cuisine is like.

Hello, everyone. I'd just like to say that I will be away to Europe for a couple of weeks. I'll be going to Austria, Italy, and Croatia for sure, and possibly some other countries. The main reason that I'm going is mostly to visit my grandfather one last time, but also to see the eastern world.

how do you know its the last time? :classic: anyways, have fun, europe is very nice around this time. i went to amsterdam at this time last year and it was perfect weather

Have a great time JimButcher!

I'm sure you'll enjoy Europe, I know I always do. :thumbup: We'll be waiting for you when you get back. :laugh:

Enjoy your time in Europe!

And if you are in southern Germany you can visit ''Germanys biggest single-trader'' for LEGO.

Make sure to give us some photos from your trip... :classic:

'Bricks'

Edited by Bricks

Thanks for the comments, everyone. :classic:

That sounds like a great trip! I love Italy and Austria, but I've never been to Croatia. Make sure to eat lots of food for me. I'd be interested to hear what Croatian cuisine is like.

Will do. :classic:

how do you know its the last time? :classic: anyways, have fun, europe is very nice around this time. i went to amsterdam at this time last year and it was perfect weather

Well, my grandfather is getting older, and it's getting harder for us to visit each other. It's possible that I will see him again after this, but going to Europe again in the near future is out of the question (due to the cost).

The eastern world? It's all western countries you are talking about here....oh you are Americain, never mind. :laugh:

Have a great trip man! :thumbup:

:laugh:

Thanks, CGH.

And now, I'm ready to leave. We're leaving tomorrow morning (central time), so goodbye one last time, until two weeks from now. :sweet:

I see you're back! So... How was it?

Nope, now I'm back. :grin: My relatives had a computer and internet access, so I thought I'd go onto EB for a little. It was really great, and I was glad to see my grandfather (AKA C-3PO, English-German-Slovenian-Spanish relations) again. We (my family and I) went to Austria (where he lives), and climbed a mountain, and did other things. We also went to Italy, specifically Venice and Tuscany (which were both spectacular) for a week. We flew in and out of Munich, Germany, but didn't really see the city this time. Slovenia was another country, but only for a day. Nobody was there, as ski-season just ended. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to go to Croatia.

So yeah, it was great (except maybe the trains...). I'll put some pictures up on my Flickr soon.

when your plane will fly above geneva, say me "hello" ^^

when your plane will fly above geneva, say me "hello" ^^

He's back already silly. :tongue:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Jim, what was wrong with the trains? I always love riding the trains in Europe (at least the ones I've ridden in Germany and Italy).

Sorry, Guss, too late. :tongue:

Thanks, Erdy. I don't like the trains because I think that they're not easy, with changing times and platforms, and getting off at the wrong stop. Last time we went, we got on the wrong train and got stuck in a train station for four hours, and didn't get back to Austria until 2 in the morning. :hmpf_bad: I know it's not really anybody's fault but ours, but I just think a car is much better because you control where you go.

Other than that, though, it was great. I'll try to get some pics from the new camera up this week.

Sorry, Guss, too late. :tongue:

Thanks, Erdy. I don't like the trains because I think that they're not easy, with changing times and platforms, and getting off at the wrong stop. Last time we went, we got on the wrong train and got stuck in a train station for four hours, and didn't get back to Austria until 2 in the morning. :hmpf_bad: I know it's not really anybody's fault but ours, but I just think a car is much better because you control where you go.

Other than that, though, it was great. I'll try to get some pics from the new camera up this week.

Ah yes, I usually don't have to worry about change-overs as normally we just travel from the airport to where we're staying. One thing I do like about trains is that they are usually quite smooth rides compared to driving. I look forward to seeing your pictures! :thumbup:

oh shit .. I was a little late^^ I'm looking forward for the pics too !