Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Mertseger Main Battle Tank

mertseger_001_800x600.jpg

Finally managed to put together a version of my main battle tank that I've dubbed Mertseger (after a minor Egyptian godess that protected the Valley of the Kings). It fits two minifigs, one driver and one gunner/commander.

Some stats:

Width: 11.2 studs (10 studs plus 1.5 plates on each side)

Length: 22 studs

Height: 7 bricks

Time spent: No idea, this MOC has come a long way since my first attempts in mlcad :tongue:

Number of pieces: I forgot to count :blush:

mertseger_004_800x600.jpg

..UAV view

mertseger_006_800x600.jpg

..the turret can traverse a full 360 degrees

mertseger_008_800x600.jpg

..working suspension

mertseger_010_800x600.jpg

And one with a minifig to show the scale

There are quite a few things that I want to improve, like shave off a few plates from the height, make it longer, add more details, etc. But that's for another day. Still, suggestions for improvements are highly welcome :classic:

And all the images link to the full set on Flickr.

Awesome stuff Quarryman, looks perfect to me, especially the gun turret and amroured skirt. I honestly don't see much to improve, it's great!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Woah I'd hate to be in the sights of that tank! The turret and main body are very well done I love the gun barrel, and the use of flaps on the front is also very clever. The one small nitpick I have is the overhang over the treads, if possible I think it might look a little better if the treads were a bit longer to eliminate the overhang. Still this is an amazing MOC :thumbup: .

Camo is nice, as is the over-all design. It doesn't look like it would fit two,, which doesn't really mean anything good or bad...

Turret turning is nice, treads are nice. ve-all a sturdy build, nice work!

Dear Quarryman,

This tank looks great! :thumbup:

Any pics of the interior?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Woah!!! Nice tank. Nice details and a powerfull and sturdy look. :thumbup:
Awesome stuff Quarryman, looks perfect to me, especially the gun turret and amroured skirt. I honestly don't see much to improve, it's great!

Thank you, thank you :classic:

Woah I'd hate to be in the sights of that tank! The turret and main body are very well done I love the gun barrel, and the use of flaps on the front is also very clever. The one small nitpick I have is the overhang over the treads, if possible I think it might look a little better if the treads were a bit longer to eliminate the overhang. Still this is an amazing MOC :thumbup: .

Yes, the overhang bothers me a bit too, have to see if I can shorten the overhang without it getting too close to the treads (there's not much room around there :wink:) Maybe switching to smaller gears in the front could help, will have to see about that.

I like your use of the wing pieces, side on, to give the beast some shape. Solid work!

Thanks!

Camo is nice, as is the over-all design. It doesn't look like it would fit two,, which doesn't really mean anything good or bad...

Turret turning is nice, treads are nice. ve-all a sturdy build, nice work!

Thanks, and it really does fit two :wink: (wonder if I can make it fit three, though I have no idea how that could be done.

This tank looks great! :thumbup:

Any pics of the interior?

Thanks. I'll see if I can take some interior pics this weekend (guess it means I have to fix the interior though, it got a bit rushed nearing the end. :wink:)